Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Completely agree.

I've always taken the stance of him being overrated, but he was superb on Monday and I think I may have been a bit unfair.

English player run before you can walk syndrome

He's doing well for himself and looks like he'll develop in to a very good player

But before hes anywhere near that level he'll be labelled world class linked with a £100m move to man City, given £200k a week for West ham, picked for England regardless of form / injury, declared as over rated by the same people who declared him World class then called a flop when he only has an alright career

He's got all the hallmarks of being a player that the media / social media makes it hard to like 

It's fashionable to put young English players down and say that the media are building them up to be something they're not, it's also a syndrome of English fans to put players down who play in his position because they're not running around at an 100mph, making blockbuster tackles, going on mazy runs, or scoring screamers. Rice is very very good player, it's obvious why me, Guardiola, Southgate and so many others rate him, don't know how much longer Guardiola is going to stay at City but wouldn't be surprised to see him go for Rice if he sticks around for a few more seasons.

He's better than Neves or at least he was much better and more consistent for West Ham than Neves was for Wolves last season (who's also a very good player of course) yet no one said anything when he was being linked to Man City, Juventus and others for massive sums of money before he'd even played a game in the Premier league.

1 hour ago, useless said:

It's fashionable to put young English players down and say that the media are building them up to be something they're not, it's also a syndrome of English fans to put players down who play in his position because they're not running around at an 100mph, making blockbuster tackles, going on mazy runs, or scoring screamers. Rice is very very good player, it's obvious why me, Guardiola, Southgate and so many others rate him, don't know how much longer Guardiola is going to stay at City but wouldn't be surprised to see him go for Rice if he sticks around for a few more seasons.

Quite often I have put you in the same bracket as these guys. Top manager! 🤣

I agree on Rice. No fuss DCM. Often goes unnoticed but does most things right. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is going to be a quality footballer.

Crazy to think he is only 20 - such an intelligent player, right place, right time, never flustered.

He looks like Ciaran Clark and I remember when he was 20 or 21 we played him in DM quite a bit and he wasn't too bad, scored a few goals from that position IIRC.

Anyway yes I thought Rice was MOTM on Monday. Positioning and reading of the game was excellent and his passing was neat and tidy. On the other hand Marc Noble looked like he was playing in a over 50s league whenever he went over the halfway line. The dive was bad enough but he had one amble forward in the second half, got to edge of box and then his legs seemed to give way and he just about stayed upright while the ball trickled to one of our players.

2 hours ago, useless said:

City spent about 70 million on Rodri, expect him be 1st choice for years to come. 

Rice being heavily linked with United though

• 2 weeks later...

Their current team is much better than their title-winning side. They have good players all over the park. Great midfield, good fullbacks, excellent forward. It's really only central defence and out wide where they're not as strong, though Harvey Barnes and our Marc have been decent. Really good shout for breaking into the top 6, or even top 4 if the London clubs aren't careful.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â