Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's a bit exciting. I've grown used to my national side being a shit team of cloggers, but now it's  looking interesting. Basically got a spine of Ajer, Berge, Ødegaard, Haaland and King. 

Just need 2-3 better players for the wing position, CB partner to Ajer (Nordtveit is shite) and we might actually reach a world cup again. 

That's the problem for nations like Norway or Sweden.

You get a couple of quality players every other generation but is let down by the overall quality of the squad or the manager. Or both.

Nice to see Norway having a group of really talented and interesting players coming through. It's been a while now.

On 29/10/2019 at 02:58, sne said:

That's the problem for nations like Norway or Sweden.

You get a couple of quality players every other generation but is let down by the overall quality of the squad or the manager. Or both.

Nice to see Norway having a group of really talented and interesting players coming through. It's been a while now.

Thanks for reminding me. 2006 Australian WC squad.

Viduka. Now that's a player's player.

7 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Thanks for reminding me. 2006 Australian WC squad.

Viduka. Now that's a player's player.

At one point you must have had Viduka, Kewell and Cahill in the same team?

Sure there where a few more OK players as well Like Schwarzer, Bresciano and Grella?

And Guus Hiddink!!!

Sad to say I doubt you'll ever get a team quite like that again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

At one point you must have had Viduka, Kewell and Cahill in the same team?

Sure there where a few more OK players as well Like Schwarzer, Bresciano and Grella?

And Guus Hiddink!!!

Sad to say I doubt you'll ever get a team quite like that again

Australia had a good generation from the mid 90s. Bozzy, Paul Okon, Ned Zelic, Auerlio Vidmar who were all too old for 2003-06 period.

Yeah if you look at that period, pretty much every single member of their team wasn't just playing in a decent league but was key player for their clubs. You had Lucas Neill and Emerton at Blackburn, Culina was regular at PSV, Vince Grella and Bresciano were good midfielders in Serie A, Chippfield played in the CL for Basle for years and Tim Cahill of course at Everton.

Mad since 2010 the player pool has really dried up particularly upfront. This is in period now where Austraila always qualify for World cup, A league is doing alright so interest levels should never be higher. Can only think of Matt Ryan at Brighton who's a good player in the big leagues for now.

Is that Institute for Sport still going, that produced a decent amount of Australia players from the period I mentioned.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Australia had a good generation from the mid 90s. Bozzy, Paul Okon, Ned Zelic, Auerlio Vidmar who were all too old for 2003-06 period.

Yeah if you look at that period, pretty much every single member of their team wasn't just playing in a decent league but was key player for their clubs. You had Lucas Neill and Emerton at Blackburn, Culina was regular at PSV, Vince Grella and Bresciano were good midfielders in Serie A, Chippfield played in the CL for Basle for years and Tim Cahill of course at Everton.

Mad since 2010 the player pool has really dried up particularly upfront. This is in period now where Austraila always qualify for World cup, A league is doing alright so interest levels should never be higher. Can only think of Matt Ryan at Brighton who's a good player in the big leagues for now.

Is that Institute for Sport still going, that produced a decent amount of Australia players from the period I mentioned.

Australian Institute of Sport. I only know it threw basketball. You get in there early and if you've got the talent and commitment it's likely your best shot at the big time down under.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Matt Ryan is not a good player at all. Aaron Mooy though is

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Matt Ryan is not a good player at all. Aaron Mooy though is

From what I've seen Ryan is solid enough for Brighton. Yeah Mooy was looking good at Huddersfield and then got lost in their malaise, not sure how far up the league he can go but decent flair play to watch on his day.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

From what I've seen Ryan is solid enough for Brighton. Yeah Mooy was looking good at Huddersfield and then got lost in their malaise, not sure how far up the league he can go but decent flair play to watch on his day.

You didn't see the Villa game then?

• Haha 1

Trent Alexander Arnold is just ridiculous, everything about him just oozes class. The way he strikes a ball, the way he finds passes the way he controls the ball, whips the ball, strikes a ball.

He is just an outrageous footballer. Will be the best fullback in the world in 2 years.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Trent Alexander Arnold is just ridiculous, everything about him just oozes class. The way he strikes a ball, the way he finds passes the way he controls the ball, whips the ball, strikes a ball.

He is just an outrageous footballer. Will be the best fullback in the world in 2 years.

Completely agree. I honestly think he'll be one of the best players in world football in a few years. 

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Romaine Sawyers one of the most underrated players in the championship.

I always thought he looked decent at Brentford and honestly think that if we hadn’t have got promoted, he’d probably be in our squad right now.    As you say, an underrated player in the championship.  

Â