Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

Shout out for Riyad Mahrez. I know he won PFA player of the year in 2016, but I was slightly concerned he'd get lost in the shuffle at Man City. He's been outstanding this season though, City haven't missed De Bruyne at all and Mahrez has been key to that. He's probably undroppable at the moment and I dare say he'd be starting for France now had he elected to represent the country where he was born and raised as opposed to the one where is dad is from. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It is time David Silva got seriously discussed or even selected when it comes to those shitty PL All Time XI debates Sky occasionally do.

saw a combined manachester 11 earlier and he wasnt even in that

also saw in the week someone asking the xavi / iniesta question, for me who is slightly and only real slightly below their quality, he would comfortably have fit in that barca team

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It is time David Silva got seriously discussed or even selected when it comes to those shitty PL All Time XI debates Sky occasionally do.

Sure Collymore doesnt rate him :D

Easily one of best players in history of the league, even English football. Shearer, Keane, Henry, Lampard, Scholes, Terry, Giggs etc. Fits in that company with ease

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

saw a combined manachester 11 earlier and he wasnt even in that

also saw in the week someone asking the xavi / iniesta question, for me who is slightly and only real slightly below their quality, he would comfortably have fit in that barca team

Agreed, though he's of a similar age to Iniesta (Silva is almost 33, Iniesta is 34), plays a bit further forwards where Messi likes to operate and would have probably cost more than Barcelona were prepared to pay I can see why the move never happened.  I think you could make a strong argument he's Manchester City's greatest ever player though.  I know Aguero gets a lot of goals and lot of headlines, but Silva has always struck me as being the key to their success.  I suspect he will retire when his current contract expires at the end of next season, I think all that business with his son this year might have convinced him to enjoy his family life back in Spain. 

Just now, The_Rev said:

Agreed, though he's of a similar age to Iniesta (Silva is almost 33, Iniesta is 34), plays a bit further forwards where Messi likes to operate and would have probably cost more than Barcelona were prepared to pay I can see why the move never happened.  I think you could make a strong argument he's Manchester City's greatest ever player though.  I know Aguero gets a lot of goals and lot of headlines, but Silva has always struck me as being the key to their success.  I suspect he will retire when his current contract expires at the end of next season, I think all that business with his son this year might have convinced him to enjoy his family life back in Spain. 

I dont think any argument. He is greatest player City have had ever. Aguero is great too but Silva is 8/10 most weeks, maybe his stats arent brilliant but he dominates games with ease

Colin Bell is the obvious rival for that honour. Never saw him play but he was key to City's other golden era and was good for 15 goals a season from midfield. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Declan Rice, coming for Eric Dier and Henderson's England spot.

He is twice the player of Dier though apparently reports in Ireland is Robbie Keane got him to declare for Ireland 

• 3 weeks later...
Â