Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

If a bird had a shit on the head of a Newcastle fan, that Newcastle fan would hunt that bird down till the day he died, even if the damn thing migrated to the other end of the earth. 

So, why are we so fussed about Newcastle? :detect: 

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Feigned being kicked in the face by Shelvey (red card, since rescinded) and "blocked off" for a fairly dubious penalty (I think it should have been, from memory) by Dummett... who also got sent off.

well its about bloody time we had a midfielder with the wit to do something like that. Honesty and sportsmanship have gotten us nowhere lol

• Like 2

Happy that we're finally getting some midfielders in.  I think 40k per week is a bit much, but I suppose that is the rate for signing a player for a low(ish) fee, and is out of contract in the summer.

I remain a little sceptical though, as our current 4th choice midfielder looked good in that Forest team last season.

49 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Just spoke to a Forest season ticket holder at work - said he's a good player but be prepared to be without him every 1 in 5 games.  Apparently he gets booked regularly for "being a lippy word removed".

Good work.

now can u go speak to a villa fan about one of our other midfielders, and post your findings here.  Ta.

• Like 3

Just now, ermie123 said:

I suppose that's the end of Westwood then!  He can take his crap corners with him as well!!!

who's now going to divide us opinion-wise like the mighty Grand Canyon divides the continent?

• Like 1

Lansbury eligible for Preston + squad number confirmed

Lansbury eligible for Preston + squad number confirmed
  share-blue.png  

Henri Lansbury is eligible to face Preston on Saturday – and will wear the No.5 shirt for Villa.

The paperwork for Lansbury’s move from Nottingham Forest has now been ratified by both the FA and the EFL.

The midfielder trained with the squad this afternoon, with Steve Bruce now set to make a decision on Lansbury’s role on matchday.

Lansbury follows in the footsteps of Jores Okore, Richard Dunne, Martin Laursen, Alpay Ozalan, Ugo Ehiogu and Paul McGrath in that squad number.

His previous shirt at Nottingham Forest was No.10.

Head into our club store at Villa Park to pick up a ‘Lansbury 5’ shirt ahead of kick-off against Preston.

The shop is open on Saturday from 9am.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2017/01/20/lansbury-eligiblity-and-squad-number

Â