Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Seem like a solid signing for where we are now and at a reasonable price.

Probably a competent squad option should we ever manage to get promoted.

Although on reported high wages we won't lose money on this transfer due to the low signing fee.

34 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

My mate is a Forest fan and I asked him for the lowdown on Lansbury.  He is pretty balanced and fair in his views and he said whilst they would have prefered to keep him and that he is one of their better players we are getting a player who is firmly championship level (hence the lack of competition for his signature I guess). 

He said he would class him as a true "midfielder" who is decent but didn't excel at either attacking or defending. Plus points were that he has a good engine, up to the physical challenge, is committed and looks to get forward and will contribute the odd goal here and there. The minus points were that he can often be caught out of position and that regularly the red mist decends and he gives away needless free-kicks and picks up bookings.  He also said that he misses lots of games through injury and through bans and probably wouldnt command a place in a PL team

All in all I think an upgrade on what we have but for me a stepping stone-type player. If he does a job in the squad to lift us up the table then all good

Interesting.

I would think that in our present position, stepping stone players will be the order of the day.....such is the demise we have experienced.

However, the attributes you attribute to him are welcome from me.

Ps nice to think that we haven't put the club under financial stress to do it.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Interesting.

I would think that in our present position, stepping stone players will be the order of the day.....such is the demise we have experienced.

However, the attributes you attribute to him are welcome from me.

Ps nice to think that we haven't put the club under financial stress to do it.

Nobody would have thought Danny Drinkwater or Wes Morgan were premier league players.

• Like 1

I know he is barely in door and will only have had 1 training session, but given our options I'm sure he'll be in Bruce's thinking for tomorrow. If not from the start, I'm sure we'll see him at some point. 

Â