Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, philgetaway said:

I remain a little sceptical though, as our current 4th choice midfielder looked good in that Forest team last season.

Maybe it means Lansbury and Gardner can work well together then? I think Westwood is the main problem though, anyone can look bad next to him IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Maybe it means Lansbury and Gardner can work well together then? I think Westwood is the main problem though, anyone can look bad next to him IMO.

I think Gardner and Lansbury will work together in midfield if given the opportunity 

4 hours ago, DK82 said:

I'll give him 6 months before he becomes a scapegoat. 

I'll give him 6 minutes into his debut before he does something that Westwood has failed to do this season - win a challenge or have a shot on target. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I hope Gardner is first out the door personally

Don't really care in what order they leave, as long as they do.

Sadly we seem to be suffering from some sort of situation like this, where we can't get any of them out the door.

Bildresultat för mr burns bacterias animated gif

• Like 1

Good luck Henri you will need it. We have a history of buying decent midfielders with good scoring records and they simply stop - Thompson, Curcic, Draper to name just three.

Also the noise you hear when misplacing a pass of any sort is just the norm at VP, get used to it.

Really excited to see Lansbury in action now. I think he is something we don't really have. We have a lot of wingers/inside forwards but we don't really have someone who seems to like to drive into the box and support the strikers the way I hope Lansbury continues to do. 

10 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Good luck Henri you will need it. We have a history of buying decent midfielders with good scoring records and they simply stop - Thompson, Curcic, Draper to name just three.

Also the noise you hear when misplacing a pass of any sort is just the norm at VP, get used to it.

I think you're doing us a slight disservice.

There have also been midfielders who have thrived over the last 20 odd years. Townsend, Taylor, Solano, Barry, Milner etc.

In terms of groans at misplaced passes we are no worse than most clubs. What I would say is that the atmosphere has been tense over the last half dozen years at Villa Park as we have either been battling relegation and the frustration that comes with witnessing that or this season straining at the leash to see us push for promotion.

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think you're doing us a slight disservice.

There have also been midfielders who have thrived over the last 20 odd years. Townsend, Taylor, Solano, Barry, Milner etc.

In terms of groans at misplaced passes we are no worse than most clubs. What I would say is that the atmosphere has been tense over the last half dozen years at Villa Park as we have either been battling relegation and the frustration that comes with witnessing that or this season straining at the leash to see us push for promotion.

DAVID PLATT

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Petrov?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't think they played together for England, they might have done at U21 level but I'd say it's doubtful 

Yeah I mean youth obvs. Gardner was in the video of Lansbury being interviewed after an U21 game in 2012, so they played in that one at least... 

Â