Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah I mean youth obvs. Gardner was in the video of Lansbury being interviewed after an U21 game in 2012, so they played in that one at least... 

It was blatantly obvious that you meant youths as neither have played for the senior team yet at least, can you post the video please? They definitely didn't played together at u16, u17, U18, u19 or u20 level

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, LancsVillan said:

Good luck Henri you will need it. We have a history of buying decent midfielders with good scoring records and they simply stop - Thompson, Curcic, Draper to name just three.

Also the noise you hear when misplacing a pass of any sort is just the norm at VP, get used to it.

That's the spirit :thumb:

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

I'll give him 6 minutes into his debut before he does something that Westwood has failed to do this season - win a challenge or have a shot on target. 

You'd probably have booed him by then for not getting us promoted 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why?

Wrong thread maybe but I just rate him the least out of our band of misfit midfielders. Westwood may only recycle possession but he at least does that. I haven't seen all of Gardner's performances this year but when I have he's been woeful. And yes, I know he scored a header against the scum, for which I'm obviously grateful. He's had his injury problems but if he couldn't take his chance this season when he finally got it after waiting so long it's surely time to just move on. I think it will be the best for him and us.

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why?

Because he's crap, and part of the reason we haven't had a midfield this season. 

4 hours ago, Michael118 said:

He's not a player I would have signed.

That gives me great confidence we've signed a gem. 

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Maybe it means Lansbury and Gardner can work well together then? I think Westwood is the main problem though, anyone can look bad next to him IMO.

Good idea.  Teams are all about partnerships over the field, and if those two know each other's games could be seen as a benefit.

However, they will need to raise their games, as together they're a proven mid table championship midfield, and we're aiming a lot higher than that.

i personally think (and I know Ill will be shot down), that Westwood without doubt has, and will go on to have, a better career than Gardner.

• Like 1

Â