Colin Calderwood

Sam3773

41 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Perhaps Agnew coming in to work on Attacking has taken pressure off Calderwood and give him the time to work on Defense.

Perhaps Agnew and Calderwood dovetail nicely and work well together.

Remember under Little he had Gregory and Evans.  When Gregory Left we started to tail off and no I do like Gregory but I dont think he was the power behind that group.  Just Three Guys who came together well and did specific roles

I think this is exactly it.

Our defence has looked solid most of the time generally this season.

We are joint 3rd with Cardiff in terms of the  least amount of goals conceeded in the league this season with 25, Wolves & Derby on 22 & 23.

Having Alan Hutton over on the left has turned out to be a good move as he looks to have that zip about him again to his game.

I think our defence will only get better now imo and can potentially see us finish with the best defensive record in the league this season for goals conceeded.

• 8 months later...
5 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

According to a fair few who were sitting behind the dugout last night, after we got it back to 3-3 he turned to fans and said " go and f### yourselves ,you whining b#######" 

Shameful if true.

Bye bye Colin flop number 2

32 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

According to a fair few who were sitting behind the dugout last night, after we got it back to 3-3 he turned to fans and said " go and f### yourselves ,you whining b#######" 

Shameful if true.

It is, but it goes both ways. Fans hurl abuse all game long - I don’t particularly mind if they (all involved) give it back a bit. 

That said, probably a signal that the end is nigh. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Shameful if true.

I think that's fair, but only because it represents end-game for this management team - this only happens at the end.

Didn't see it...

Was it like when Sturridge did his robot celebration right into a group of young Villa fans in the lower Trinity that time we got basted 6-0 at home to Liverpool? I thought that was way out of order.

In the heat of the moment, look at some of the posts in the Match thread... or in the moments after a tricky game in the reactions thread. People do strange things in the 'heat of the moment.' Not sure crucifying somebody for what is alleged in this thread is really the right thing, whether the management team deserve to go or not. If he was using racist language or mocking a disabled supporter for their disability, then I am sure the haranguing would be justified.

Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

Didn't see it...

Was it like when Sturridge did his robot celebration right into a group of young Villa fans in the lower Trinity that time we got basted 6-0 at home to Liverpool? I thought that was way out of order.

In the heat of the moment, look at some of the posts in the Match thread... or in the moments after a tricky game in the reactions thread. People do strange things in the 'heat of the moment.' Not sure crucifying somebody for what is alleged in this thread is really the right thing, whether the management team deserve to go or not. If he was using racist language or mocking a disabled supporter for their disability, then I am sure the haranguing would be justified.

Just my two cents.

I don’t blame Calderwood for his reaction. 

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Not been a fan since day 1. When he was appointed he seemed to have a negative impact on performances. Another seemingly old school coach, outdated and needs to go with Bruce. 

He came in immediately after our 1-1 draw with Brighton, which remains one of our best performances under Bruce.  Battered them and no idea how we didn't win.

Â