Colin Calderwood

Sam3773

At the end of the day it's obvious that we are in the midst of a massive restructuring of the team so surely it's ridiculous to expect us to gel for a while yet? Yes last night was dismal but I think the issue is some are still clinging to the hope we make the playoffs this season. A ship which has sailed already unless a miracle happens now. A few issues have become apparent as to why we have had such a poor season thus far with "Gate gate" among them. We also lost our only decent striker to the AFCON which clearly cost us points also.

It it what it is though, a rapidly changing team, new coaches and 2nd manager this season. It's gonna take more time yet which surely rules out a promotion push this time out. Looking positive for a proper go at it next season though especially with a bit more work over the summer. Only chance this year is if we go on a humungous winning run starting within the next few games at the latest..you never know i guess.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The buck doesn't stop with the assistant manager....however SB doesn't strike me as a hands on coach on the training ground....much like MON he seems someone who'll just watch training and step in when necessary.

Calderwood was very defensive when he was a manager....Forest fans were sick of him by the end.

Since he's turned up our performances particularly away have been negative....Brighton we attacked right from the start, we've rarely done that since. He'll be the hands on one on the training ground.

If he is causing all this crap he must be the most influential assistant in the history of football.

And that would raise the question what is Bruce actually doing to allowing all this to happen?

I'm all for replacing Calderwood, but the buck stops with Bruce.

As manager he is responsible.

• Like 4

On 2/1/2017 at 21:49, danceoftheshamen said:

At the end of the day it's obvious that we are in the midst of a massive restructuring of the team so surely it's ridiculous to expect us to gel for a while yet? Yes last night was dismal but I think the issue is some are still clinging to the hope we make the playoffs this season. A ship which has sailed already unless a miracle happens now. A few issues have become apparent as to why we have had such a poor season thus far with "Gate gate" among them. We also lost our only decent striker to the AFCON which clearly cost us points also.

It it what it is though, a rapidly changing team, new coaches and 2nd manager this season. It's gonna take more time yet which surely rules out a promotion push this time out. Looking positive for a proper go at it next season though especially with a bit more work over the summer. Only chance this year is if we go on a humungous winning run starting within the next few games at the latest..you never know i guess.

I think with Afcon we not only lost players.....more importantly, lost momentum.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The buck doesn't stop with the assistant manager....however SB doesn't strike me as a hands on coach on the training ground....much like MON he seems someone who'll just watch training and step in when necessary.

Calderwood was very defensive when he was a manager....Forest fans were sick of him by the end.

Since he's turned up our performances particularly away have been negative....Brighton we attacked right from the start, we've rarely done that since. He'll be the hands on one on the training ground.

But we can't defend;)

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think with Afcon we not only lost players.....more importantly, lost momentum.

Are you sure we had any momentum?

We'd just lost to Leeds 2-0

A lucky 1-0 v Wigan

Lost 1-0 v Norwich

2 wins, 1 unconvincing & 1 lucky

QPR 1-0 & 2-1 v Burton

A home draw 1-1 v Leeds

and a disgracefull 1-0 defeat v Cardiff

Momentum at playing shit yes

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Every assistant manager since (and including) Keane has seemed a good appointment on paper, and then turned out to be terrible.

which suggests the problem isn't the assistant manager?

(same goes for the manager position)

Â