The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

This thread really does need closing. We are bottom half and 5 wins off the top 6. I've been saying all season that there's no way we were gonna make the play offs but now surely it's blindingly obvious even to the most optimistic of Villa fans.

It's all about the summer rebuild now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I'll be happy for a decent performance at the minute. How many points are we behind small heath?! 

1 is too many but this has to be our aim if only in the short term. Don't want to finish behind them or Wolves.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think there will be more pressure than this season as the fans are going to demand promotion/play off push. So these players better start showing some  passion and fight

It's difficult to show passion and fight when we continue to defend so deep and hardly commit players to attacking the opposition. 

You're right though. There'll be far more expectation next season and I hope we play with the positivity and get the results to sate it. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

It's difficult to show passion and fight when we continue to defend so deep and hardly commit players to attacking the opposition. 

You're right though. There'll be far more expectation next season and I hope we play with the positivity and get the results to sate it. 

I don't think defending so deep is part of the plan......its more a part of us not playing very well.

we can't control the ball under pressure.....you can't do much, when you have that.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I don't think defending so deep is part of the plan......its more a part of us not playing very well.

we can't control the ball under pressure.....you can't do much, when you have that.

Then that comes down to training and preparation. 

I actually think we now have the players to improve us and just hope they achieve what is required. 

• Like 1