The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

48 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Don't have Sky I stopped years ago its ruined football for the real fan

WHich is kind of why I completely disagree with @Demitri_C. The fewer times we are on at home, the more times I can go to hope games. 3 pm sat is good. Friday evenings, Sundays, etc. is not good for me, so I'm happier the less we're on at home.

Away games, harder to get to anyway, so being on the telly would theoretically be a bonus (if we were actually worth watching). As it happens we're not worth watching, so carry on Sky.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, blandy said:

The fewer times we are on at home, the more times I can go to hope games.

If ever there was a Freudian typo :) A Freupo ?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I still don't see how even if we made play offs anyone thinks we will win them. We can't even win at bloody city ground or Griffin park. How are we going to get a result at Elland road or Hillsborough? Also games are on tv? How would they cope with that pressure 2nd leg away from home?

As BOF said, if we make the playoffs then we'll be one of the most in-form teams in football. Other clubs would not want to be playing us. I imagine Barnsley fans were probably saying similar, around this time, last season.

That's not to say I think we'll make the playoffs. We won't. Or even close.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I would be massively embarrassing to finish below them considering they've barely won a game in the last two months.

I'm not bothered either way as to me it's top 6 or bust but I imagine they'd revel in that all summer.

So what. **** 'em. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, romavillan said:

Shall we lock this thread then? Or do we have to wait till we need to win all our remaining games and the teams in the top six have to lose all of theirs?

So there would still be a chance even then or does that depend on the number of wins we would need and the number of defeats the team that is then sitting in sixth would need (if it was the last weekend of the season that would surely make it almost 50/50)? ;)

• Like 1

Even sky are not acknowledging us anymore as a play off contender anymore  if you read their promotion page.

Feel so badly let down this season from these players no way should we be 14th in the league. It's bloody pathetic they need to get some balls and I expect far FAR better next season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd say at least, 13 would be more realistic.

Having said that I just read somewhere that we have dropped 11 points due to goalkeeping errors, without those we could be at least 7th.

Let that shit sink in.

We would have 75 points from 13 wins so I think we might need a couple of draws as well to seal the deal. But to be honest our desperate start to the New Year has left us needing snookers and someone has made off with our cue! 

If we had won our only home game of the year (we were two goals up) and averaged a point (rather than have got nothing whatsoever) from our 4 away games we would have 42 points and be in 11th place. We would also be 7 points off sixth spot so still within range rather than 13 point behind as we are now.  

• Like 2

We just got screwed with the fixtures. How we have only played one home game in 2017 is just bizzare. I think that has contributed greatly to our recent woes.

For some reason we seem to perform at thetough  away grounds (beat reading and dominated brighton) for some reason so don't be surprised if we get something at sty James Park 

Edited by Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, John said:

We would have 75 points from 13 wins so I think we might need a couple of draws as well to seal the deal. But to be honest our desperate start to the New Year has left us needing snookers and someone has made off with our cue! 

If we had won our only home game of the year (we were two goals up) and averaged a point (rather than have got nothing whatsoever) from our 4 away games we would have 42 points and be in 11th place. We would also be 7 points off sixth spot so still within range rather than 13 point behind as we are now.  

IF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We just got screwed with the fixtures. How we have only played one home game in 2017 is just bizzare. I think that has contributed greatly to our recent woes.

For some reason we seem to perform at thetough  away grounds (beat reading and dominated brighton) for some reason so don't be surprised if we get something at sty James Park 

I would be shocked if we get anything out of that one other than a good hiding on current form but I will love it if we beat them!  

8 hours ago, John said:

I would be shocked if we get anything out of that one other than a good hiding on current form but I will love it if we beat them!

IMG_3640.JPG

Edited by jim
  • Like 2

Not entirely sure where to put this but here seems as good as any.

I whipped up a little table to see if any of our players are good luck charms.  How many points we've won when each player has been used in that game.  It's not an exact science as it only cares if the player was on the pitch AT ANY POINT during that match, so their contribution towards the points might be up for debate, but I thought it might be interesting to some nevertheless, and others can use it as a stick no doubt :P

Adama Traore obviously sticks out a bit.  His sole appearance coming as 1st sub on 74th minute in game 2 v Rotherham when we were already 2 up.

FZXcKV0e5phTSzCSqK5TeUBL+91sKoQ9EzB7tBAg

Here's the slightly more forgiving table where you need to have 5 or more appearances.

wFXDc6sUkCBCgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

• Like 4