The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

With Huddersfield beating Brighton tonight there's really only one place to fight for regarding the play off spots.

Not that it concerns us anymore...

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aly Cissokho scored for Olympiakos, what in the absolute f*ck? lol

Players leave us and go Super Saiyan.

The greek league must be shit! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Come on Wigan...

FFS I really need to get a life don't I?

I didn't even realise Championship games were on, Thursday is the start of the weekend here, got pissed, back to work tommorow ffs!

But yeah, come on Wigan!

15 minutes ago, KSV said:

Sheffield winning. Another nail in the coffin.

It's cool, we can do bad on our own, at this point we literally have no one to blame but ourselves.

Many a time all the teams above and around us have dropped points and we bottled it.

We don't deserve any more favours to be honest.

• Like 3

Rather spectacular failure to be without a realistic chance at the play off spots in the Championship with 18 games to after spending something like £130+ million in the last 2 seasons:hooray:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sne said:

Rather spectacular failure to be without a realistic chance at the play off spots in the Championship with 18 games to after spending something like £130+ million in the last 2 seasons:hooray:

epic fail. Embarrassing really. Imagine Randy stayed. We would already be talking about getting ready for League 1.

• Like 2

We're now at a point where even averaging 2 points a game wouldn't be enough. 

The focus now should be on a strong finish so confidence is high, the system is settled and we only need tweaking in the summer transfer window. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We're now at a point where even averaging 2 points a game wouldn't be enough. 

The focus now should be on a strong finish so confidence is high, the system is settled and we only need tweaking in the summer transfer window. 

This for me, only chance now is to go on a 6-8 straight win winning run and hope those around the play offs hit bad form. Not gonna happen. 

If we have a strong finish and look more like a team with probably a couple out goings like Amavi Hutton and Johnstone I think we only 3 players in the summer. No more chopping and changing

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

This for me, only chance now is to go on a 6-8 straight win winning run and hope those around the play offs hit bad form. Not gonna happen. 

If we have a strong finish and look more like a team with probably a couple out goings like Amavi Hutton and Johnstone I think we only 3 players in the summer. No more chopping and changing

I still think there is a load to dispose of in the summer, although the majority aren't part of the first team squad. I'd like to see Bacuna, Richards, Veretout, Sanchez, Kozak, Gil, Amavi (to generate cash), Hutton, Cissokho and possibly McCormack go.

If we let that many go, I'd like to see 5 or 6 more come in.

• Like 1

Still feel there is an outside chance of the Villa reaching the playoffs if the manager gets the tactics right and settles on his best side.

If Villa start breathing down the necks of those in the playoff spots I can see them dropping points due to nerves.

An absolute must win tonight though.

6 hours ago, striker said:

Still feel there is an outside chance of the Villa reaching the playoffs if the manager gets the tactics right and settles on his best side.

If Villa start breathing down the necks of those in the playoff spots I can see them dropping points due to nerves.

An absolute must win tonight though.

To have a realistic chance of making the play offs we will need around 40 points from the 17 games remaining (51 points to play for) but the team needs time to gel and I think it's too late this season, I would love to be wrong though. I think the best we can hope for is find some decent form to the end of the season and aim for the top 10 and then kick on next season and aim for the title. 

Next season we don't want another rebuild and I would be happy to see around 3 players coming in and then removing the rest of the deadwood