The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

Gardner not quite as shit as he has been scapegoated to be perhaps? Good to see Baker up there too, Kodija I would have guessed as number 1, Jedinak and Gestede are surprises. Grealish down where he is too, would have expected Elphick and Gabby at the bottom!

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Not entirely sure where to put this but here seems as good as any.

I whipped up a little table to see if any of our players are good luck charms.  How many points we've won when each player has been used in that game.  It's not an exact science as it only cares if the player was on the pitch AT ANY POINT during that match, so their contribution towards the points might be up for debate, but I thought it might be interesting to some nevertheless, and others can use it as a stick no doubt :P

Adama Traore obviously sticks out a bit.  His sole appearance coming as 1st sub on 74th minute in game 2 v Rotherham when we were already 2 up.

download.png

Bree, Hogan, Bjarnasson and Hourihane out!

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Gardner not quite as shit as he has been scapegoated to be perhaps? Good to see Baker up there too, Kodija I would have guessed as number 1, Jedinak and Gestede are surprises. Grealish down where he is too, would have expected Elphick and Gabby at the bottom!

Looking a little more closely at Gardner.  He has only lasted 90 minutes in 5 of his 13 starts, getting subbed off 8 times and his other 4 apps were coming off the bench.  In his 8 matches being replaced, he also tends to be the first person subbed in the match (4 firsts, 3 seconds & once as third sub).  His 5 full matches from 13 represents the worst percentage of any player with more than 3 total apps.

EDIT : Boring trivia.  Kozak is the only Villa player this season to have been subbed on and off in the same match (@Derby)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Looking a little more closely at Gardner.  He has only lasted 90 minutes in 5 of his 13 starts, getting subbed off 8 times and his other 4 apps were coming off the bench.  In his 8 matches being replaced, he also tends to be the first person subbed in the match (4 firsts, 3 seconds & once as third sub).  His 5 full matches from 13 represents the worst percentage of any player with more than 3 total apps.

EDIT : Boring trivia.  Kozak is the only Villa player this season to have been subbed on and off in the same match (@Derby)

Don't remind me if they kozak performance was absolutely embarrassing

Any push for the playoffs now requires help from others.  IOW playoff teams dropping points.  Which means as unsavoury as it is, tonight's game needs to, eh, how shall I put this, not go the way of the home side :puke:

22 hours ago, BOF said:

Not entirely sure where to put this but here seems as good as any.

I whipped up a little table to see if any of our players are good luck charms.  How many points we've won when each player has been used in that game.  It's not an exact science as it only cares if the player was on the pitch AT ANY POINT during that match, so their contribution towards the points might be up for debate, but I thought it might be interesting to some nevertheless, and others can use it as a stick no doubt :P

Adama Traore obviously sticks out a bit.  His sole appearance coming as 1st sub on 74th minute in game 2 v Rotherham when we were already 2 up.

Here's the slightly more forgiving table where you need to have 5 or more appearances.

Less with Grealish than Westwood, jeez I love stats

Geez Sheffield Wednesday are lucky. One shot on target last week and it was a deflected shot and they win. Today Birmingham hit the post twice. If that was Villa probably goes in. 

Edited by KSV

As it stands we are 16 points from the playoffs, unless blues can salvage something.

That would mean catching a point up every gameweek.. (and we're bottom of the form guide)

So Bloose lose no shock there then. They do us and themselves no favours but they were always going to lose there. We go again nothing has changed our chances of promotion and of ending the season above Small Heath remain unchanged but we all know which is the more realistic target. 

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The di matteo saga ruined us really. I think next season we won't be favourites thereforestation hopefully the pressure factor won't be as intense.

Play offs are not happening

Like I said we should be aiming for a top.10 finish

next season I expect us to be favourites to go up automatically based on manager, budget and players that we signed