The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

Playoffs? . Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabababahahahahahahahahahahahahahah..................................................Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabaha

At this point we can safely say that Villa do not deserve a play-off place, and maybe it was always going to be impossible having to replace your entire squad AND get promoted. I'll be happy just to see some sort of style and a few wins before the season is out. Good news is we have plenty of options now to change things up.

We should all just forget this chase for the play offs now. It was always going to be a long shot, trying to implement three brand new players into a midfield with a couple of days training together was always a risky strategy.

The remainder of the season should be used to gain an understanding and confidence as a team, with our focus aimed at hitting the ground running next season.

i know it is a disappointing night, we as fans kind of set ourselves up for it by getting too excited by the transfer window. We need to give the new guys time to settle, and not jump on their backs after their first game.

• Like 2

With the amount of money we  have chucked at this club in 2 windows it is shocking to be 10 points and 8 places away from 6th with two thirds of the season gone. I don't think it was unreasonable to expect a serious challenge of a top 6 placement this year and to come up this short with this amount of expenditure is pathetic. 

• Like 2

I generally dislike extremes and respect people's opinions but really, anyone who thinks we will make the play offs is deluded.

Getting  promoted this season was always a long shot, we were no Newcastle last season, just barely dropping through the trap door, we were one of the worst sides ever in the Premier League..the poor start under RDM made it extremely unlikely and Bruce - in the last ten games- is mirroring that.

Thrte is no way we will now hit Newcastles level of form whilst the teams above us all hit relegation form. Impossible.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

36 points and 10 points behind sixth tonight. We simply need to win all of our 10 remaining home games and 3 of our last 8 away games and bingo we have 75 points!

It's not going to happen or nearly happen though is it? A more realistic target is 14 points from our remaining games to hit 50 points and safety. It would also be nice to finish above Small Heath....It's a sad, sad situation.      

Just now, turvontour said:

Only four teams in the division have won fewer games than us.

Doesnt exactly scream promotion at you does it......

Neither is averaging 1 goal per game after 28 games played.

I feel we need another season down. We just need a bit more fixing, not players - just building momentum and spirit. I've felt for a while that if we go up it could knock the wind out of us and we could head straight back down. Let's get the team playing together for the rest of the season, build momentum into next, storm the league, and use that energy like Bournemouth and others have. 

• Like 2

We are going to be down in this league for a long time...and before you know it the parachute payments will run out, the club will be hemorrhaging money, players will be sold at a loss, the wage bill will be slashed,  two bit journeymen will be brought in and we will forever be playing catch up or fighting off league 1.We have seen it before. Many times. Maybe some people like blissful ignorance but this is reality. There is nothing at this club which tells me we will be going up anytime soon now. All hope is lost.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We are going to be down in this league for a long time...and before you know it the parachute payments will run out, the club will be hemorrhaging money, players will be sold at a loss, the wage bill will be slashed,  two bit journeymen will be brought in and we will forever be playing catch up or fighting off league 1.We have seen it before. Many times. Maybe some people like blissful ignorance but this is reality. There is nothing at this club which tells me we will be going up anytime soon now. All hope is lost.

SOME time, perhaps, but A LONG TIME? Unless something goes completely tits up, I don't see how you can predict this never ending doom.