January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It's just the way I am, I have a positive outlook on life :) the tide is changing!

Supporting Villa will definitely screw with your positive outlook at life.....

48 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Oh mate I bet there's loads of stuff we can agree on if you want :)

It's just I get the feeling there's a whole bunch of people getting pretty upset about missing out on promotion or the play offs and with each result it magnifies.

Then there are a load of us who either thought we'd finish mid table or get relegated again who are more resigned to us being down here for a couple of years.

It's not really about who's right but we all surely want the fix to be right. And sustainable. Throwing good money after bad is part of the reason we are where we are.

No one WANTS it to take a couple of years. But it's a lot more realistic imho. Even if we made the play-offs this year the odds are we'd end up in the championship next season anyway. It is just based on the fact that we weren't relegated with a team that needed a bit of quality adding to make it alright. We were relegated with a squad of about 30 odd players with around 25 of them needing to be put out to pasture or shot.

I'm not a local anymore either and the fact that there isn't even radio coverage available outside of the midlands for the majority of games is utterly infuriating. There's something we can definitely agree on :)

Top post that.....bang on for me.

• Like 3

£10M for Rhodes, about the same for Brady or Schlupp, that now slipped away. I didn't think I would say this but right now I feel like I prefer us to buy the £1M Hourihane or £3M Landsbury. Players that regard a move to Villa as a step up, players on our level, in order to bulid a sustainable team step by step, rather than just throw away silly money. And rather give our younger players a chance. I'd prefer to risk staying in the Championship a seasong longer and build a sustainable team with players who want to be here because it's villa and not because they earn silly money. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think £12M for Schlupp should be the barometer for how mad the world has become.

In hindsight you could level that against McCormack but at the time of signing him I don't remember too many negative comments either here or outside of Villa world.

Schlupp is 100% mediocre, has a bit of pace (like Adama) but very little end product (like Adama) and sometimes woefully so (like Adama).

So let's get this right.

• they want 12 mill for Schlupp

• they got Albrighton for free
  • they got Vardy for 1 mill
  • they got Mahrez for Half mill
  • I think their whole team is c 20 mill

do they think the rest of football is stupid?

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

£10M for Rhodes, about the same for Brady or Schlupp, that now slipped away. I didn't think I would say this but right now I feel like I prefer us to buy the £1M Hourihane or £3M Landsbury. Players that regard a move to Villa as a step up, players on our level, in order to bulid a sustainable team step by step, rather than just throw away silly money. And rather give our younger players a chance. I'd prefer to risk staying in the Championship a seasong longer and build a sustainable team with players who want to be here because it's villa and not because they earn silly money. 

I agree with what you are saying but I am not sure we have any younger players we could give a chance. Lyden was our last midfield hope and he's vanished (possibly still injured), Calder and Mason I don't think seem likely candidates at the moment and the rest probably need to be loaned. SGC will have a more accurate view of that, but bottom line our squad is terrible in terms of senior player depth.

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Scottish players arent working for Villa past few years.  Id stay clear until they start producing quality again.

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I feel like screaming that at the powers that be before they blow their brains out.

So Rhodes is behind Gestede in the striker pecking order at Middlesborough.

and yet.....

• Rhodes they want c12 mill
  • Gestede we sold them for 6 mill

is this a conspiracy against AVFC?

no wonder its taking us time to do a deal.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

So let's get this right.

• they want 12 mill for Schlupp

• they got Albrighton for free
  • they got Vardy for 1 mill
  • they got Mahrez for Half mill
  • I think their whole team is c 20 mill

do they think the rest of football is stupid?

Well if they do, the figures you quote would seem to support their view.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Would never trade Prem for Championship when he'll get plenty of offers from mid table teams. I think Wham are interested

I have heard he is a bit of a bad boy to be fair. 

49 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Post of the day.....

52 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'd rather not sign anyone than spunk 10 mill on Rhodes

He will just turn out to be another McCormack you actually need a midfield to get the best out of him

Yes look at Fulham who have Chris Martin upfront but score for fun.

Post of the day? Yes lets buy some more shit overpriced british players as they've served us so well so far. Our two best players are foreign. 5 out top 6 managers in the league are foreign. We need to go foreign or not go at all. And **** Steve Bruce off as well and all this "knows how to get out the Championship" shyte. The propaganda down here is as bad as the Premier League. Xia can stay if he still wants to build a theme park but he's destined to be Randy Lerner mark 2 the way he's going.

I'm not interested in signing cack like Rhodes or the Lansbury. Save your money Tony or invest it into a **** scouting network.

Too many old grey men at the top of our board living in the past.

We are an anti-progressive club who need to come out of the 19th century and into the 21st. 

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 2