January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

31 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Has Bill Cosby really got a book called that?

It came free when I bought a copy of " Iron Knee" by Sir Cass Ticduche.

9 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Post of the day? Yes lets buy some more shit overpriced british players as they've served us so well so far. Our two best players are foreign. 5 out top 6 managers in the league are foreign. We need to go foreign or not go at all. And **** Steve Bruce off as well and all this "knows how to get out the Championship" shyte. The propaganda down here is as bad as the Premier League. Xia can stay if he still wants to build a theme park but he's destined to be Randy Lerner mark 2 the way he's going.

I'm not interested in signing cack like Rhodes or the Lansbury. Save your money Tony or invest it into a **** scouting network.

Too many old grey men at the top of our board living in the past.

We are an anti-progressive club who need to come out of the 19th century and into the 21st. 

Yeah you are right, we need another Berson or Makoun that will sort us right out.

I do think we need to be scouting abroad more as you can get some really good deals there but at the same time it's not as if we should just avoid signing any British/Championship players at all - that seems a bit ridiculous.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Great let's get Rhodes. He'll get loads of goals with our  midfield supplying him. 

Or maybe , just maybe, he will push the ball past a defender and take a shot on goal - something most of forwards seem to think is outside there job description.

Edited by hippo

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I do think we need to be scouting abroad more as you can get some really good deals there but at the same time it's not as if we should just avoid signing any British/Championship players at all - that seems a bit ridiculous.

Exactly. The main reason people buy from abroad is because its generally better value for money. Young half decent British talent costs a bomb compared to players from abroad.

When you can get the likes of Lansbury and Hourihane (sp?) for combined fee of under £5m and they're both proven players in this league - then there's no need to complain that we aren't signing players from abroad.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Post of the day? Yes lets buy some more shit overpriced british players as they've served us so well so far. Our two best players are foreign. 5 out top 6 managers in the league are foreign. We need to go foreign or not go at all. And **** Steve Bruce off as well and all this "knows how to get out the Championship" shyte. The propaganda down here is as bad as the Premier League. Xia can stay if he still wants to build a theme park but he's destined to be Randy Lerner mark 2 the way he's going.

I'm not interested in signing cack like Rhodes or the Lansbury. Save your money Tony or invest it into a **** scouting network.

Too many old grey men at the top of our board living in the past.

We are an anti-progressive club who need to come out of the 19th century and into the 21st. 

I don't think it's as simple foreign is better. We've had Garde and Di Matteo as managers who have both been appalling. Players wise, Veretout, Gil, Sanchez, Cissokko, Crespo, Adama and Ayew are foreign and have been awful in general. 

Plus Bruce has got out of this league 4 times. That isn't 'shyte', that is a fact. 

I'm interested in signing players that will improve us and get us out of the division. I don't care where they are from. Lansbury and Hourihane, in my opinion, are a big step up from our current midfield and will improve us. 

I have this feeling that we won't be able to push deals over the line in this window and therefore Bruce will just try to improve what we've got, not be able to, finish around mid-table and be sacked in the summer. If we can't improve, once those play-offs are out of reach, the season will just tail-off and the players will start thinking of their holidays.

The very thought of the above bothers me greatly so I am really hoping that we manage to secure a few necessary deals and make a go of it for the play-offs.

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

Being foreign didn't stop Karanka or Sanchez-Flores from getting promoted although, others have been hit and miss. 

What we need is someone who plays a certain style and to buy the players who can comfortably play that way instead of just having a big glut of players, all with differing styles, that we just try to make click. Square pegs in round holes etc. 

Being British didn't stop Dyche and Bruce last season, with predominantly British teams. 

The key, as you say, is finding players that compliment the system they are being asked to play in, regardless of nationality. 

11 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I have this feeling that we won't be able to push deals over the line in this window and therefore Bruce will just try to improve what we've got, not be able to, finish around mid-table and be sacked in the summer. If we can't improve, once those play-offs are out of reach, the season will just tail-off and the players will start thinking of their holidays.

The very thought of the above bothers me greatly so I am really hoping that we manage to secure a few necessary deals and make a go of it for the play-offs.

It bothers me as well. If we're going to be that short sighted then we might as well give up and go home! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villarocker said:

The only way this will happen is if the fans turn on him and I can't see that happening as (for the most part) he has us on his side... For now.

We need a good manager and good players, both with good work ethic and attitude. 

No matter the nationality. 

The perceived problem with British players, is that so many that we've had, have had attitudes that stink. 

What I would like to see.

-----------------------------SJ-----------------------------

Bree-----------Chester-------Baker-----------New LB

---------------------------Jedi-----------------------------

----------Lansbury----------------Cairney--------------

Adomah--------------------------------------------Amavi

-----------------------McCormack------------------------

Kodjia back up top when he's back. Gabby no where to be seen.

Green/Grealish to rotate in with Amavi/Adomah. Sell Westwood for funds.

11 hours ago, TRO said:

So let's get this right.

• they want 12 mill for Schlupp

• they got Albrighton for free
  • they got Vardy for 1 mill
  • they got Mahrez for Half mill
  • I think their whole team is c 20 mill

do they think the rest of football is stupid?

The benefits of being Champions.

Man Utd, Arsenal etc have lived off it for years and have been able to get decent-good money for their tripe for as long as I can remember.