Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Batten down the hatches. Right 3 at the back for the rest of the season then lads.

What happened to managers that said things like "go out there and win"

The more I hear from this guy, the more I want him just to f*** off.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

He doesn't know his first choice 11 or formation. It's just continuous chopping and changing. Injuries or no injuries most teams have a settled formation players are comfortable in and which brings out their qualities and those of their team-mates. 

I like managers to have time to work for stability and consistency but I could be in charge from tomorrow and offer more. 

What makes it worse is that the pressure was taken off him via playing a team that works and formation that works yet completely ditched it at the first opportunity. 

Villa talk doesn't speak for everybody but most fans seem to struggle with the logic behind his teams these days. When he first took over he found success playing players in their more comfortable positions too then started chopping and changing.

99.9% of us couldn't coach these guys but we could provide some consistency and playing players where they are suited. Samba over Bree or RDL is just mind-blowing. 

Teams should be fearing us, not because of the size of the club or the name but because we have proven quality players. They are being wasted and it's a travesty. 

I backed his appointment and tried to justify certain things but it's just enough now. On the plus side, he's got a good eye for a player. 

Any progressive, attack minded manager coming in won't believe his luck. 

What an absolute genius!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Come on off it , he's been in football management 20 years and his comments are similar to those aimed at Sunderland fans before his exit - a football manager has to handle criticism , he gets well paid to do his job abd fans money contributes towards those wages - He has got off lightly in games so far and fans are entitled to express their opinions .

We are not vultures , ridiculous or talkers of nonsense - we are just people who love Aston Villa and want our manager to do the job he was brought in to do !

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

`circle so quickly'. Conveniently ignoring last season and only acknowledging this season.

You are bloody lucky to still be in a job, pal.

Too right - does this guy really know who he is lucky enough to be managing?  

• Like 1

For me Hutton and Gabby were 2 of the bggest culprits when were relegated yet both are still heavily involved so when he says he's moved on the relegated lads for their careers why hasn't heckling focused on getting these pair out? Bruce has 6 games left. He has to win the majority or I think the DR will sack him. I've a feeling it's only Wyness and Round keeping him in a job but hopefully they're doing their due diligence so if he fails in the next 6 we can get a quick replacement in. I can see us getting 2/3 wins out of the 6 but I don't think that's good enough. We have to win 4/5 to get back in with a chance of automatic. Minimum is the 2points a game target but we are behind so need to be getting over that. We've got a squad full of the best players in this league but one that's got no identity or playing style. Roll on Brentford it'll be a long month. 

11 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

"Thankfully, we have had a good week" just about sums it all up! Doesn't sound much like a confident manager focussed on promotion does he?

Inspirational stuff Steve, great.

Sums him up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

He knew and openly admitted that he had to get us up last season or this one or he'd be out of a job. Everyone from Dr. Xia to the tea ladies knows it.

Isn't he likely to be out of a job whether we go up or stay where we are?  The comments about being one of the top sides in the world, and building three teams to get promoted, push on and compete at the top would suggest they will also need a manager for those subsequent challenges, which with the best will in the world few would suggest Bruce could become.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We've conceded 7 goals in 3 games, the defence is an utter disgrace and has not been adequately strengthened. 

Did it need strengthing though? Certainly imo opinion the second half of last season the first choice Villa defence was becoming very solid. Chester, Baker and Taylor especially. But Bruce changed it with the signing of Terry (needlessly in my opinion and that's not with hindsight due to saying it at the time when Terry signed) and then sold Baker. Thought that was a mistake and have seen nothing yet to change my opinion.

The old adage when it's not broken don't fix it applies here with the consequence that Villa's defence is less solid due to buying a name at the end of his playing career. How many times have Villa done that over the years?

• Like 3

Â