Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

A statistical figure just stuck me.  Bruce has (I have heard somewhere) been promoted from the championship 4 times.   I never trust my math but a quick use of my fingers on his Wiki page looks like 16 seasons (?)  So that's once in every 4 attempts?  Only three more years in the championship to go then?

Given all the calls for patience, and the pace at which we are making progress, it seems about right to me  B)

• Like 2

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but this thread and many others are dominated by Bruce Out rhetoric. If @TRO is putting his head above the parapet putting forward a moderate opinion about the manager, then I imagine he is doing so because he feels this thread would be a bit pointless otherwise. He is bound to be shot down, but just because there are a few loud and prolific anti Bruce posters, that does not represent the full picture, it is an echo chamber. There are many people who are not of that opinion but simply can't be bothered to be the target of all the negativity by saying anything about it. VT is poorer for it. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I've looked but I can't see where he says makes this guarantee, could you perhaps point it out?

Well the next manager could be worse.....now where did I hear that won't happen?

Just now, Jareth said:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but this thread and many others are dominated by Bruce Out rhetoric. If @TRO is putting his head above the parapet putting forward a moderate opinion about the manager, then I imagine he is doing so because he feels this thread would be a bit pointless otherwise. He is bound to be shot down, but just because there are a few loud and prolific anti Bruce posters, that does not represent the full picture, it is an echo chamber. There are many people who are not of that opinion but simply can't be bothered to be the target of all the negativity by saying anything about it. VT is poorer for it. 

I respect tro and his opinion - he has always come across as a very decent bloke and I accept his loyalty to Bruce - to be fair I feel that most views expressed have been done so in the right manner without resulting to the slanging matches other sites may see .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

He can't be at fault, the veterans at the club when he took over were so bad.

he can't be at fault, the new players aren't bedded in.

He can't be at fault, the players can't adapt to the system changes  

He can't be at fault, there are injuries.

Unfortunately, he appears to be the only manager that has veterans, new signings, changes systems, or has player injuries.   

If only his resluts were as good as his excuses, and as reliable as his VT supporters, I would have no complaints at all.  His results are not up to those lofty standards.  He needs to go before the next guy starts from a deeper hole than he did.  

That totally deflated feeling you get when you post something you think is brilliant and come back several hours later to discover you only got one like.

:(

I apologize for the bad form or quoting myself, and being off topic.  I'll go back to my lonely despair, now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Thanks Jareth, very noble of you.

I would just ask VT this, this evening.

I say Bruce out......what then, because that is not going to happen, so i do not quite understand the stance or vitriol.

unless of course a protest is planned, in which i would graciously decline.

at present anyway.

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I wish you had posted that in February when I was feeling roasted for calling "Bruce out" when most others on here did not feel that way...... yet.

• Like 3

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I'll take that as confirmation that he didn't offer any such guarantee then and you were just putting words in his mouth.

It was my interpretaion of what i thought he was proposing, by listing all the things the club would be liable for should we miss out on promotion.

The business of going for another manager would suggest a throw of the dice or alternatively that a notion thst a guarantee was expected.

i have many words put in my mouth, but i just take it as someone elses interpretation, which i accept, unless i respond.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Listen, 

Its clear we have a home v away syndrome which is threatening to undo us.He is aware of that and made referrence to it many times....its clear he is trying to find a fix.

Ok as that's a new one - the others have been done to death ( by the way every Club is "still bringing players in" and many from a lower starting point than us are doing better ?)

Home v Away syndrome you say ?

Last 5 Home games

Won 2 Drawn 2 Lost 1 Scored 8 Conceeded 7 Points 8/15

That is not particularly impressive.

Last 14 Home games ?

Won 7

Drawn 4

Lost 3

Scored 20

Conceeded 14

25 points at 1.78 points per game when it's commonly suggested "winning your home games" is key (which would be 3 points per game)

And this is his STRONG point ?

Sorry TRO as you say he's "said it himself a lot" recently.

Anc you've been taken in.

No abuse. No agenda. Just facts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

I wish you had posted that in February when I was feeling roasted for calling "Bruce out" when most others on here did not feel that way...... yet.

Mate, we all feel roasted at one time or another, and I agree it is not nice. I don't think anyone is being unfairly treated but all I am saying is that this huge frustration with the manager has gotten worse since the bristol result simply because it extended his stay and that has increased frustration. That frustration is spilling into every thread, and people are so spoiling for a fight in order to unleash that frustration that we're getting daft vitriol in places like the Wyness thread. It's getting out of hand, and to be honest it's making VT less fun. But so be it, it's how people feel, and I don't wish them to feel otherwise - just pitying that all sorts of moderate discussion is off the table at present. 

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

It was my interpretaion of what i thought he was proposing, by listing all the things the club would be liable for should we miss out on promotion.

The business of going for another manager would suggest a throw of the dice or alternatively that a notion thst a guarantee was expected.

i have many words put in my mouth, but i just take it as someone elses interpretation, which i accept, unless i respond.

Sorry that just doesn't wash.

Nowhere does he even suggest that a change of manager would guarantee a top 2 place, it was far more than just your interpretation of what he posted. So I'll just remind you that putting words in people's mouth is against the guidelines of the site.

Yes changing manager is, to an extent a throw of the dice no managerial appointment comes with a guarantee. I don't think anyone thinks otherwise which is why I took issue with what you posted. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So I'll just remind you that putting words in people's mouth is against the guidelines of the site.

What about folks turning every thread into a Bruce Out thread? Is that not off topic? 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think the internet forums are not in keeping with the matchday fans so far. Yet to hear a Bruce out even after Cardiff.  

Weren't the away fans at Cardiff singing Bruce out songs very loudly on TV. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well the facts are that ffp and Parachute payments will have a negative effect on the club should we not go up

point 2 was that our better players leaving us - and would you blame them? - would weaken us further

So I'll ask you to reconsider making excuses - like Bruce - deflecting the blame.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thats condecending

I'm suggesting that we sack the current manager, his coaching staff in cahoots and his appraisers, with the intent of finding someone who could come to better terms with the squad we have. The evidence so far has suggested that given the chance to do so, our current players could do better.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well tell Your buddy Steve to stop putting words in your mouth then

Â