Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

18 hours ago, romavillan said:

Time will tell, but as of right now, we were stronger with Baker than without IMO. In the future I think both Clark and Baker will prove to be far better than the amount of abuse they got whilst they were here might lead you to believe..

Baker is better than Samba or Elphick for me.

You may well be right on Samba & Elphick and only time will tell regarding the player that he maybe come- I only speak of what I see now and imo he is bottom half championship defender at the best 

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Well each to their own.

For me I'd rather read the same thing over and over - (and I've read plenty of other people repeating themselves whether 'pro/ anti/ or in between )as long as the author was expressing their own views on a Villa related matter rather than even 1 post where the sole content is complaining about someone expressing such a view or similar.

Okay Terry, I'm sure you're in the minority of people who'd rather see pages and pages of the same shit versus a single post decrying that persons need to keep posting pages and pages of shit.

I don't frequent this forum to read the same thing over and over again, I come on here for variations in people's views - that's what I find interesting.

If Sky got rid of all their other channels but played your favourite episode of Friends over and over again would you carry on watching?

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay Terry, I'm sure you're in the minority of people who'd rather see pages and pages of the same shit versus a single post decrying that persons need to keep posting pages and pages of shit.

I don't frequent this forum to read the same thing over and over again, I come on here for variations in people's views - that's what I find interesting.

If Sky got rid of all their other channels but played your favourite episode of Friends over and over again would you carry on watching?

It's why we have an "ignore" function.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Folski said:

My aunt met him in the Cheeky Pup Bar, in Quinta Do Lago, Portugal last night. Said he was enjoying his holiday and looked relaxed.

What the hell is he doing on holiday?

Strange.

Thought he would be in Houston "Battening down the hatches."

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Glad to have obliged ;)

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But I'm not necessarily even against the removal of Bruce.

Terry, think the points been missed here, I'm not arguing the content/tone of GH's post(s) but rather the similarity and volume of them.

I'll just leave it at that.

Sorry mate I think you misunderstood my clumsy attempt at humour...

i was trying to say that seeing as you wanted diversity of views you'd welcome me sticking up for GH because me doing that was diversifying from your view.

And if it wasn't funny the first time it sure as hell won't be now I've mangled the life out of it !!!

35 minutes ago, Folski said:

My aunt met him in the Cheeky Pup Bar, in Quinta Do Lago, Portugal last night. Said he was enjoying his holiday and looked relaxed.

He has a place over there - I don't see any problem having a few days off during the international break - I think we've done all our transfer ins for this window so no reason not to have a short break . 

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He has a place over there - I don't see any problem having a few days off during the international break - I think we've done all our transfer ins for this window so no reason not to have a short break . 

We have a lot of work to do, I don't imagine many of our players are away at internationals, but I suppose you don't have much to do when you don't have tactics.

8 minutes ago, Folski said:

We have a lot of work to do, I don't imagine many of our players are away at internationals, but I suppose you don't have much to do when you don't have tactics.

...or training.

3 hours ago, rubberman said:

Well looks like he'll be here for Sept  now, barring something catastrophic happening.  We need 14/15 points in sept for me (and not overly bothered about the cup game, though with the size of our squad we should win that too).

My fear is we will limp along - get 10-12 points - potentially not disastrous enough for the board to sack him, but bad enough that automatic promotion becomes too big an ask.  In the same way as the recent win and draw were enough to keep him in a job.  

So while you're here Steve:  Please forget about 3 at the back.  Select players in their favoured positions.  And attack.  Thanks.

He will not change.

And unfortunately it would appear we are stuck with him.

We just have to hope his brand of tedious, negative football can get us promoted, as plenty of people seem to think it will.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He's certainly earned it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Folski said:

Of course he is relaxed and enjoying his holiday. He has no affiliation to our club.

When the club finally get around to sacking him he will walk away with a load of cash. You and I and all the other poor sods who love our club will be left with the shit he has left behind him for others to clear up.

• Like 2

Good Managers buy players to fit a system or style of play, as we don't have either of those, Bruce just buys players.

This season is a right off already, what's the point in having the best players in the league if you cannot make the best team.

• Like 3

Â