Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Yes. Between that and people commenting on moderation ;)

Hey I like this site, if I'm being a nob it is to try and get some balance back here, just want to keep it balanced and fun, if I can contribute to that at all, without being a dick. 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sorry that just doesn't wash.

Nowhere does he even suggest that a change of manager would guarantee a top 2 place, it was far more than just your interpretation of what he posted. So I'll just remind you that putting words in people's mouth is against the guidelines of the site.

Yes changing manager is, to an extent a throw of the dice no managerial appointment comes with a guarantee. I don't think anyone thinks otherwise which is why I took issue with what you posted. 

I do not follow the rules as closely as you, obviously.....but i think that is a tad ingenuous Trent.

There was a debate between Grosshopper and myself and no breach was intended.

It do not see it as putting words in his mouth as more an interpretation of his insinuation.

but I accept your comments

on that I will leave you all to it

UTV

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Mate, we all feel roasted at one time or another, and I agree it is not nice. I don't think anyone is being unfairly treated but all I am saying is that this huge frustration with the manager has gotten worse since the bristol result simply because it extended his stay and that has increased frustration. That frustration is spilling into every thread, and people are so spoiling for a fight in order to unleash that frustration that we're getting daft vitriol in places like the Wyness thread. It's getting out of hand, and to be honest it's making VT less fun. But so be it, it's how people feel, and I don't wish them to feel otherwise - just pitying that all sorts of moderate discussion is off the table at present. 

I think there is a lot of frustration , not so much because he's still here but because of the results so far and having such a strong squad . 

The ideal scenario would be for us to get results and go on a run of wins which would make everyone feel better about the future but I do take your point on board .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think the internet forums are not in keeping with the matchday fans so far. Yet to hear a Bruce out even after Cardiff.  

There was chants of 'sacked in the morning '  in the reading game I think it was after we went 2 down .

Just now, Jareth said:

They'd mostly left at 3-0, so possibly, but they weren't a majority. 

The original point was that the Bruce out idea wasn't shared by match going fans. Well that clearly wasn't the case. Majority or not (sounded loud enough on TV) there were clearly people attending the game who wanted him gone. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Weren't the away fans at Cardiff singing Bruce out songs very loudly on TV. 

Been to the lot didn't hear any singing Bruce out at Cardiff - but heard plenty  slating him. Pretty vitriolic at Full time.

At Reading there was "sacked in the morning " started by Reading fans and joined in by some away fans - maybe anout a quarter of those that sing ? Lots of sustained booing st full time but, to be fair, a fair bit of support too.

Bristol no negative songs but again, a lot of very pissed off people.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I say Bruce out......what then, because that is not going to happen, so i do not quite understand the stance or vitriol.

I'm surprised you think that Bruce is in such a strong position that his sacking isn't going to happen. I think the last week may have just saved him, but hope that the decision makers have a wider view than the last 7 days. The stance, in my opinion, is very understandable. The vitriol, if directed at Steve Bruce is pointless and detracts from and devalues the argument. If directed at fellow Villa fans, particularly those who always express their opinions with intelligence and respect, such as TRO always does, is as unacceptable as it is inexplicable. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

The original point was that the Bruce out idea wasn't shared by match going fans. Well that clearly wasn't the case. Majority or not (sounded loud enough on TV) there were clearly people attending the game who wanted him gone. 

Well, when the third goal went in I was taking a shit, a pre-exit shit knowing the game was over, and I heard a lot of fed-up debate walking towards the train station but that was quite understandable - no Bruce out chants, well not in the block I was in. 

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I do not follow the rules as closely as you, obviously.....but i think that is a tad ingenuous Trent.

It do not see it as putting words in his mouth as more an interpretation of his insinuation.

but I accept your comments

on that I will leave you all to it

UTV

No it's not ingenious in the slightest, whatever your intention you quite clearly misrepresented the opinion he expressed. There was nothing to suggest a change would guarantee a top two finish. 

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

You need to cut back on the O-valtine

more vitamin A vfc

and hail the GH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Well, when the third goal went in I was taking a shit, a pre-exit shit knowing the game was over, and I heard a lot of fed-up debate walking towards the train station but that was quite understandable - no Bruce out chants, well not in the block I was in. 

The away fans in the main still seem to be backing him during games , the only chants I've heard were the sacked in the morning ones when 2 down at reading . 

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think the internet forums are not in keeping with the matchday fans so far. Yet to hear a Bruce out even after Cardiff.  

I think they are pretty well in tune actually as I don't think many on here are calling for his head either.

I think a lot of people on here are increasingly critical of Bruce and increasingly of the view he is failing and will fail in the job. But I think there is an underlying reluctance to call for his head because people still want to be wrong, they want it to work out and they don't actually really want another change. That is certainly where I am.

I think that view is representative of a lot of people on here and a lot of people at games. It won't take many more games for that to move on to something more vocal at the games.

• Like 2

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I think they are pretty well in tune actually as I don't think many on here are calling for his head either.

I think a lot of people on here are increasingly critical of Bruce and increasingly of the view he is failing and will fail in the job. But I think there is an underlying reluctance to call for his head because people still want to be wrong, they want it to work out and they don't actually really want another change. That is certainly where I am.

I think that view is representative of a lot of people on here and a lot of people at games. It won't take many more games for that to move on to something more vocal at the games.

I think most would be delighted to be proved wrong should Bruce turn it around and lead us to promotion - we all want a successful Aston Villa first and foremost .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Indeed.

You know the very fact that it's even being debated shows just how crap everything really is !!

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think most would be delighted to be proved wrong should Bruce turn it around and lead us to promotion - we all want a successful Aston Villa first and foremost .

Yep

I desperately want out of this league. If that's with Bruce then great. I really dislike him but the long term future of this club means much more to me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep

I desperately want out of this league. If that's with Bruce then great. I really dislike him but the long term future of this club means much more to me

I was feeling optimistic and felt maybe he'd found the right formula after the recent home games and this had given him a lifeline to grasp and take us forward - then when I saw the formation and line up at Bristol I was so deflated before kick off .

I'm sure by the Brentford game I will be over that deflation - the thing that rankles me is we actually look a good side when we attack and we look a poor side when we sit back - it's just frustrating as if he played on the front foot we would all be so much better for it . 

• Like 3

I was disappointed when Bruce was given the Villa manager's job, and have seen nothing to change my view that he's not the man for the job. I do not believe that Bruce is capable of getting the best out of our players either now or in the future, so I'm definitely calling for his head. 

There's no malice involved, it's just a pragmatic view point.

• Like 1

Â