Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

So the media are all fools.....ok another dimension to consider.

Don't think they are fools. Think they're always kind to these sort of managers otherwise they lose some of the access 

Same as big sam, redknapp, pardew etc..

11 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

So we can wait till the end of the season to judge him?

Well open your ears to this

IF Bruce (or anyone who succeeds him this season) doesnt get us promoted the following could happen as a domino effect

So a few questions for you

1 - ffp <-> parachute payments <-> what Tony can/is prepared to invest?

2 - Our Squad players staying/leaving for PL clubs or conracts over (loan or contracts run out)

GK - SJ -> ManU Bunn ?

1-Steer

RB - Hutton ? RDL -> PL

2-Bree

LB - Taylor -> PL

3-?

CB - Chester->PL Terry->? Elphick?

4-Richards

5-Samba

DM Jedi & Whelan both getting older

6-Whelan/Jedi

RW - Adomah/Elmo stay or go ? - Snodgrass loan->WH

7-Adomah/Elmo ?

AM - Onomah ->Spuds - Lansbury/Hourihane stay or go?

8/10 Lansbury Hourihane Thor Grealish

CF Kodjia WILL NOT stay

9 - Hogan McC Gaby (new contract?) Davis RHM

11 - Green

That squad will struggle to get top half

--------------------------------------------

So you want to put all that in the hands of a manager who after 40 games, 2 transfer windows and a preseason, gets 2 wins in a row (8-3 goals F/A) with 4 at the back then changes to 3 at the back wasting a sub, a whole half to adjust and the initiative to a club who we should already be in a different league to.

I dont think one could be more wrong even if one tried.

And what roll of the dice are you proposing......a new manager/ who.

who is this mystery man that fixes all those thing you have listed by guarateeing.....oh yes GH thats what you are proposing GUARANTEE that we will get a top 2 place.

where is this King Midas you beat the drum for?

If you can write to DrT and put forward your plausible nomination and refrain from launching in to sticking pins in the Steve Bruce effigy ,He may listen.

but let me give you a tip.....forget Steve Bruce, we all know what you think of him, be positive for once and decare your man.....someone may listen.

Edited by TRO

I don't think he is even good for us in the medium term. A nice man, but we deserve and need better to kick. We have a terrific squad, and need to give him enough rope now. If we are not kicking down doors after September's home games he needs to go. For me he only has, but should be allowed, September to prove himself.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

who is this mystery man that fixes all those thing you have listed by guarateeing.....oh yes GH thats what you are proposing GUARANTEE that we will get a top 2 place.

If you can write to DrT and put forward your plausible nomination and refrain from launching in to sticking pins in Steve Bruce.....He may listen.

but let me give you a tip.....forget Steve Bruce, we all know what you think of him, be positive fir once and decare your man.....someone may listen.

Tro

you are comparing a failure to someone who isnt here yet and hasnt had a chance to prove he is Mr Midas or not.

The point is if you dont buy a lottery ticket you wont have a chance if winning

We are NOT winning with Bruce. Take  a look at last years final table and the table so far this season.

Enough is enough

So do us all a favour and tell your "In crowd" to tell the doctor to move heaven on earth for

Jokanovic

Dyche

Howe

Benitez

Clements

Wagner

failing those

take a punt on

Smith Brentford

BristolC manager

if all else fails

We really would be better off with Warnock

as a last resort

Terry caretaker till he gets his badges

really

ANY ONE OF THE ABOVE would do a better job than Bruce

Bruce is out of his depth with this job

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Don't think they are fools. Think they're always kind to these sort of managers otherwise they lose some of the access 

Same as big sam, redknapp, pardew etc..

Oh these managers are a sort.....what do you mean sociable/charismatic/characters/ strong willed/leaders.

kinda bit Ron Atkinson/ John Gregory type.

Willing to give SB time - I know why he should go, but am looking at the table, and 3 points separates us and 7th. Bristol was much better than Reading and Cardiff. If it goes into reverse again, then no way back for mr potato. Only sharing this as I can't think of a single Bruce out comment that hasn't yet been made. Slag it off at will!

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Tro

you are comparing a failure to someone who isnt here yet and hasnt had a chance to prove he is Mr Midas or not.

The point is if you dont buy a lottery ticket you wont have a chance if winning

We are NOT winning with Bruce. Take  a look at last years final table and the table so far this season.

Enough is enough

So do us all a favour and tell your "In crowd" to tell the doctor to move heaven on earth for

Jokanovic

Dyche

Howe

Benitez

Clements

Wagner

failing those

take a punt on

Smith Brentford

BristolC manager

if all else fails

We really would be better off with Warnock

as a last resort

Terry caretaker till he gets his badges

really

ANY ONE OF THE ABOVE would do a better job than Bruce

Bruce is out of his depth with this job

GH you can't employ a manager with a scatter gun approach.it can only be one.

half of them are in work.....some have had iffy moments depending on which purple patch you want to choose.

Wagner, does look to be doing well on a progressive basis, but in his early spell at Huddersfield went fairly unnoticed........nothing to suggest he would do it with us.

as Terry said its pot luck.

I don't want to risk pot luck, when i can see levels of improvement albeit slow at present....i can equally see things that are not improving.....but i will reserve my judgment when we can put out our strongest possible team.

14 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I don't think he is even good for us in the medium term. A nice man, but we deserve and need better to kick. We have a terrific squad, and need to give him enough rope now. If we are not kicking down doors after September's home games he needs to go. For me he only has, but should be allowed, September to prove himself.

I think he will get results in September due to some favourable fixtures but I fear the wheels will come off in October when we have only one home game and face blues and wolves away .

Edited by Eastie

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

If you can write to DrT and put forward your plausible nomination and refrain from launching in to sticking pins in the Steve Bruce effigy ,He may listen.

but let me give you a tip.....forget Steve Bruce, we all know what you think of him, be positive for once and decare your man.....someone may listen.

I hate these type of defence for managers. It's usually the last line when all excuses have failed. 

It's not up to fans to need to know a replacement in order to decide the current manager isn't doing enough. None of us work in the football industry, none of us have the contacts or know who are interested or available. 

No one needs to name a manager for your demand if they don't feel Bruce is the right man. 

Did you demand names when people wanted lerner or Doug out? Names when McLeish or Sherwood were wanted out?

You seem to be very defensive over this particular manager. I don't get it at all. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, terrytini said:

All of those teams have had loads of failures too.

And loads of other teams have changed Managers with no obvious improvement.

Its just a crap shoot. 

Spmetimes you get lucky, often you don't.

We will get lucky eventually as long as we aren't afraid to keep trying until we get someone that clicks.

I guess so it just feel like as far back as MON that when the financial backing is there the manager is wrong and when the manager could be right there is no financial backing!  I hate football these days. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Bruce was thrown a lifeline with the 2 recent home results but he tossed it away when he started 3 at the back at Bristol - it really beggars belief that he had so little faith in his players to go out and play . 

Pathetic decision from a negative manager way out of his depth at a big club. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I hate these type of defence for managers. It's usually the last line when all excuses have failed. 

It's not up to fans to need to know a replacement in order to decide the current manager isn't doing enough. None of us work in the football industry, none of us have the contacts or know who are interested or available. 

No one needs to name a manager for your demand if they don't feel Bruce is the right man. 

Did you demand names when people wanted lerner or Doug out? Names when McLeish or Sherwood were wanted out?

You seem to be very defensive over this particular manager. I don't get it at all. 

Because i think SOME of the accusations are unfair, misguided, inaccurate and misinformed.....I don' t expect you or anyone else to agree with me....its fine.

don't ask me to go back and pick out every one.

I just happen to think there is a difference between the manager taking the responsibilty for results (which i know he has to) than being blamed for every mortal thing that happens in a game.

some of the stuff wriiten is amazing.

i just happen to think the players are responsible for some things, but it seems more convenient to blame the manager.

for sure his job is to pick them i accept that, but when the form is up and down like a fiddlers elbow and they can win at home,but not away.....i think he has a tricky job to fix it and needs time to do that after buying all these players.

Just tell me......what is going to be said if/ when he does turn it around.

will all this be a mirage?.......will it be unreasonable to say this is the time it has taken in such circumstances?

He needs this season.....so do we.

ps why don't you go down to the training ground and ask around if your opinion is popular....you might find a few more reasons for things to match your excuses.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Because i think SOME of the accusations are unfair, misguided, inaccurate and misinformed.....I don' t expect you or anyone else to agree with me....its fine.

I just happen to think there is a difference between the manager taking the responsibilty for results (which i know he has to) than being blamed for every mortal thing that happens in a game.

i just happen to think the players are responsible for some things, but it seems more convenient to blame the manager.

for sure his job is to pick them i accept that, but when the form is up and down like a fiddlers elbow and they can win at home,but not away.....i think he has a tricky job to fix it and needs time to do that after buying all these players.

will all this be a mirage?.......will it be unreasonable to say this is the time it has taken in such circumstances?

This is very different to your comments after the reading match when you yourself accepted you thought he was not going to turn it around - I don't see what you've seen to change that view especially after fridays team selection /formation . 

If we do not go up this season then I feel we will be a much weaker squad next year and destined to become another Leeds with a long spell down here.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I've tried to defend him but the most he will be able to achieve in my opinion is a possible play off place and the lottery it brings. 

I still think the right man can get automatic promotion with this squad. No idea who the right man is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think any teams best player will be missed.....was you expecting one to replace Kodjia?

Oh come on, you've completely ignored the point I made. I rather suspect because you know it was a good one and one you can't actually defend.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

GH you can't employ a manager with a scatter gun approach.it can only be one.

half of them are in work.....some have had iffy moments depending on which purple patch you want to choose.

Wagner, does look to be doing well on a progressive basis, but in his early spell at Huddersfield went fairly unnoticed........nothing to suggest he would do it with us.

as Terry said its pot luck.

I don't want to risk pot luck, when i can see levels of improvement albeit slow at present....i can equally see things that are not improving.....but i will reserve my judgment when we can put out our strongest possible team.

go spin me another one

You dont answer questions/doubts/reasoning put to you.

You just play out for time - which works whilst he's still here - rehashing excuses.

first its the players

players come and go

then he needs time

time comes and goes

I cannot for the life of me understand why you defend such a failure when his most recent one (3@TB) is as baffling as it was wrong. 

The continuum continues and you insist on arguemental points that no-one on here appears to agree with you on

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I've looked but I can't see where he says makes this guarantee, could you perhaps point it out?

• Like 1

TRO, You've given resolute backing to Bruce, in the face of a lot of opposing views. I watched the Bristol City match and listened to the commentators. They were also resolute in their backing for Steve Bruce, and were fulsome in their praise for his record as a manager and his promotions.

Commentators have stock opinions which they bring to each game based on history, but their current perception of Bruce although supportive, is well out of date. Their backing of Bruce is built on his decades in the game ie "he's done this, he's done that".

This is how I see your current defence of Steve Bruce TRO. Kind, but out of date.

SB is failing as the Villa manager. It is painfully obvious and regrettable, but he is floundering out of his depth in a league that has moved on in the last couple of seasons and left him behind. 

I see him as a liability not on the basis of his record over decades in football, but on the evidence of my own eyes and ears over ten months plus of negative and apparently clueless football.

He's failing, and his methods will never get the best out of this group of players. His morbid fear of losing a match is producing a dysfunctional team performance that fails to utilise the collective abilities of a very decent squad. 

We've reached a point where retaining Bruce as manager will only inflict further damage to Villa's long term prospects.  

• Like 4

I agree with much of what you say GH and understand your anger and frustration .

But TRO doesn't have to concern himself whether 1 or 1000000 people agree with him - as you should know !!

I disagree with TRO's views, his reasoning, and his opinion about how bad he thinks people's criticisms of. Bruce are. I also struggle to see quite what he thinks Bruce IS responsible for.

But he's perfectly entitled to those views yes ?

It doesn't matter that people don't agree with him, it's irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I've tried to defend him but the most he will be able to achieve in my opinion is a possible play off place and the lottery it brings. 

I still think the right man can get automatic promotion with this squad. No idea who the right man is. 

Listen, 

I understand your position.....blimey i have had to arrest myself after the reading game on the back of Cardiff......but some of the stuff aimed at Bruce is ridiculous.

He is trying to get results, some players are aiding him and some are inconsistently aiding him.....i think he should be playing the kids more, but hey i am not a football manager and they should know more about the ins and outs of that more than me.

at present we are STILL bringing players in......is that a settled team?

I think we have a fine team on paper.....that has to find its way on to the pitch, it may well still do.

Its clear we have a home v away syndrome which is threatening to undo us.He is aware of that and made referrence to it many times....its clear he is trying to find a fix.

in reality we have had one real shock ...Cardiff and a concerning one i might add.

Steve Bruce cannot and will not have a job without accountability all i am proposing is that it is with reasonable scrutiny.

Any manager needs support just like the players, i think its in our interests to give it....until there is undenial fact to the speculation or opinion.

Â