Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I was affected by both the cardiff and reading games and i share the disappointment.

I said that if he keeps this up he will be gone.....i stand by that.

he needs wins, but equally knee jerk is not a prudent reaction.

We excusably judge him on what we see on match day, the hierarchy see a lot more.

Its a results business, even when you as manager are trying to build strength.

I am not sure what the majority of fans who want him gone.....actually want, because at present it isn't going to happen.

He seems to be 3 games away from it......what then another round of pot luck?

If it was a knee jerk reaction, I am sure myself and many others would be right with you defending him, but this is a knee jerk that has been 10 months in the making.

This is not a knee jerk reaction. If it took your moggy 10 months reflexes to react, it would be time for him to meet Mr Vet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

I was disappointed when Bruce was given the Villa manager's job, and have seen nothing to change my view that he's not the man for the job. I do not believe that Bruce is capable of getting the best out of our players either now or in the future, so I'm definitely calling for his head. 

There's no malice involved, it's just a pragmatic view point.

I don't really think he can complain if he is sacked as he's been given 40 games and had far better tools at his disposal than most other managers in this division .

i do feel they will review his position come the end of September when the next international break arrives.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

The last season was his first stint in charge,handed a batton from 2 busted runners..... he then lost his best 2 over xmas hardly ideal .... it was a mess......and you are conveniently going to include those games in an appraissal.

I am not saying its great at present, but its work in progress......yes still.

I guess you will just have to deal with it.

Which, everyone, himself included KNEW was going to happen - yet he decided the best approach was to rely on Gabby, even though there was a January transfer window available to him. Jesus wept!

So yes, I am going to include those games in my assessment of him.

I guess I will have to deal with it, as unfortunately he does not seem to have been sacked yet. Doesn't mean that I have to like it, or that I can't comment on his MANY faults and the fact he is doing a shit job.

• Like 1

Last season I felt most of the time that Bruce rarely if ever got the team selection or tactics right considering the quality we have, but in more recent times I have seen examples where he or someone on the coaching team has put together a good team, well drilled, closing down and passing forward well. Why this doesn't seem sustainable, i have no idea, but i want him to do well and want to end the never ending failing cycle of new managers, coaches and players that has dogged us since MON left.

We have the squad now, we just need confidence in ourselves to go out and win, rather than trying merely to not lose.

Edited by VillanousOne

So, TRO. You have asked people to specify who they would replace Bruce with. 

Let me ask you a question then in the same vein

WHEN is Bruce going to turn this around and start providing this long promised consistency and results. WHEN are we going to see effective football firing us up the league? When is he going to get us promoted?

If you cannot give us a date for that, you cannot be asking people who they would replace Bruce with.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I was disappointed when Bruce was given the Villa manager's job, and have seen nothing to change my view that he's not the man for the job. I do not believe that Bruce is capable of getting the best out of our players either now or in the future, so I'm definitely calling for his head. 

There's no malice involved, it's just a pragmatic view point.

I thought it was a logical appointment at the time.

(last season)

I was behind him till Leeds away

V Cardiff I wanted him gone

v Brentford was the final straw for me

Since then I've been a Brouter for the good of AVFC (inho of course) not because of any dislike for Bruce or even any Bruce supporter

I've swayed twice - Once before Burton away

and once after it was clear he was going to have the preseason.

The reason I want him gone is BECAUSE I want us promoted.

I dont choose our manager so I can only hope that whoever does chooses the one to get us promoted

If that is Bruce - So be it and please with all my apologies for being wrong

But I just cant see it from what he's shown so far

So

Bruce Out

PS Regarding the so called "vitriol" apparently aimed at Bruce, I will say this

Bruce is manager of AVFC therefore he's a part of the team, another part of the team is "The fans". We fans want the best for AVFC and we dont care if Bruce played for the SHA managed them or Kissed every one at the stys Arsenal.

Mclose had it tough but even he kept us in the PL.

Bruce is keeping us OUT of the PL.

Just take those 2 sentences in.

Bruce has been given a chance by Everyone above, below and around this club.

What he's been saying for a number of weeks now about excuses and the "ridiculous - nonsense" that he's accused the fans of saying is not only arrogant but patronising and put plain and simple - unnacceptable from someone in his position.

Give the fans entertaining football and results and we'll give love, blind faith and adulation beyond dreams.

Patronise the fans and you may just get what that brings

• Like 3

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-13538499

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce on 'keeping the vultures away'

“To be honest I did not expect the vultures to circle as quickly but I suppose it is the manner of football, which I understand.

“I am under no illusions anymore.

“When you are up against it you have to batten down the hatches, get on with it and try and ride the storm.

“Thankfully, we have had a good week, which keeps the vultures away, for a while.”

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Mate, we all feel roasted at one time or another, and I agree it is not nice. I don't think anyone is being unfairly treated but all I am saying is that this huge frustration with the manager has gotten worse since the bristol result simply because it extended his stay and that has increased frustration. That frustration is spilling into every thread, and people are so spoiling for a fight in order to unleash that frustration that we're getting daft vitriol in places like the Wyness thread. It's getting out of hand, and to be honest it's making VT less fun. But so be it, it's how people feel, and I don't wish them to feel otherwise - just pitying that all sorts of moderate discussion is off the table at present. 

Now that, I actually agree with.

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

“To be honest I did not expect the vultures to circle as quickly but I suppose it is the manner of football, which I understand.

“I am under no illusions anymore.

“When you are up against it you have to batten down the hatches, get on with it and try and ride the storm.

“Thankfully, we have had a good week, which keeps the vultures away, for a while.”

Hi Steve,

"Be Prepared" is our club motto.

So when you lose your next home game. The reaction you'll get at the final whistle?

Be Prepared

GH

• Like 1

Furthermore I sense that it's already a done deal. Why else would he be covering his own ass this extensively? He cannot seriously be that thick, surely he realizes he's losing the fans this way?

I don't want to hear about the 'hatchets', ever again.

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

`circle so quickly'. Conveniently ignoring last season and only acknowledging this season.

You are bloody lucky to still be in a job, pal.

• Like 2

Â