Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Hey folks,

It's been an awful long time since I posted here (I tend to visit forums at work when I get a spare minute (or hour) but VT is blocked by our proxy sadly. This means I can only use the Vital Villa board. Anyway, I posted something on there a couple of days ago that I thought you might be interested in regarding Bruce (if you haven't already read this).

I just had a very interesting conversation with a friend of mine. He was at the day night test cricket last night and was sat in a box with a few other people. 

Three people of note were someone on the board at Villa (he couldn't remember his name), a certain Mr Bruce and his son Steve! 

After talking to Mr Bruce, Steve's step dad - an avid Newcastle supporter, he asked him what on earth was going on at Villa Park at the moment. Mr Bruce replied that he should speak to his son as he'd tell him all about it. 

Apparently SB was the most genuine bloke you could image and spoke very candidly about it. Take any of the below how you like, but at least we have a little bit of an insight into what Bruce is actually thinking right now. Here are the key points: 

- After the Cardiff game he wanted to take off every single senior player and replace them with the youth team - that was how angry he was with that performance. 

- He wants to sign more players but his hands are completely tied at the moment (but we already knew that). 

- There are certain players in the Villa squad that simply don't want to be there. One that was specifically mentioned was McCormack and the gate incident was specifically alluded to and apparently SB believed that the player simply couldn't be arsed to play. 

- He has identified "the right players" but currently they're stuck with some "wrong ones". 

It was a very eye opening conversation. My friend said that in the end he just felt sorry for SB as it's clear as day that he's as annoyed as we are and is having trouble turning it around. 

To be honest with you, it's changed my outlook on it quite a bit.

Given by the performances and effort put in lately I'd imagine that list is quite long

Thanks for the ITK, and I dont want you to think I dont believe what you wrote and I'm Sorry for taking apart what he said

3 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

- After the Cardiff game he wanted to take off every single senior player and replace them with the youth team - that was how angry he was with that performance.  

Including 

Terry? - who he did everything to get him here

Whelan? - who he also wanted

Gaby? - who he umpteenth chanced

Chester? - who was one of the PotS last year

Hourihane? - who he bought (scored a goal)

However, he brought on Hutton

- He wants to sign more players but his hands are completely tied at the moment (but we already knew that).  

like at Sunderland?

- There are certain players in the Villa squad that simply don't want to be there. One that was specifically mentioned was McCormack and the gate incident was specifically alluded to and apparently SB believed that the player simply couldn't be arsed to play.  

Just imagine being McC. Private problems you cant deal with -> look to football to get solace -> find Gaby in front of you.

McC isnt blameless - but Bad man nanagement by Bruce could be a factor here.

Imagine how other players feel, played out of position, and asked to play against their natural game. How would you feel?

- He has identified "the right players" but currently they're stuck with some "wrong ones".   

So all of a sudden, or since coming here, Chester, Terry, Whelan, Lansbury, Hourihane, Adomah, McC and Hogan are the wrong ones, the likes of Gaby & Hutton the right ones?

It was a very eye opening conversation. My friend said that in the end he just felt sorry for SB as it's clear as day that he's as annoyed as we are and is having trouble turning it around. 

.Feeling sorry for useless f**** who is F******* up big style who will eventually get £1mill+ for hindering our attempts at promotion 2 seasons running?

Sorry, but Bruce is blaming everybody  else but himself.

There isnt a manager in the Ch or lower half of the PL who wouldnt die for such backing as he's had.

Bruce Out! asap

• Like 2

Of course this season is recoverable after 3 games... but it has been the performances rather than the results which is the big concern. You get the impression that Bruce is winging it really.  You thought with a whole pre season the side would look a lot more settled- but we are missing  2 key players from last year I suppose. Hope I am wrong but getting a sinking feeling about all this. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Hey folks,

It's been an awful long time since I posted here (I tend to visit forums at work when I get a spare minute (or hour) but VT is blocked by our proxy sadly. This means I can only use the Vital Villa board. Anyway, I posted something on there a couple of days ago that I thought you might be interested in regarding Bruce (if you haven't already read this).

I just had a very interesting conversation with a friend of mine. He was at the day night test cricket last night and was sat in a box with a few other people. 

Three people of note were someone on the board at Villa (he couldn't remember his name), a certain Mr Bruce and his son Steve! 

After talking to Mr Bruce, Steve's step dad - an avid Newcastle supporter, he asked him what on earth was going on at Villa Park at the moment. Mr Bruce replied that he should speak to his son as he'd tell him all about it. 

Apparently SB was the most genuine bloke you could image and spoke very candidly about it. Take any of the below how you like, but at least we have a little bit of an insight into what Bruce is actually thinking right now. Here are the key points: 

To get a balanced view you need to hear what the players think as well. I'm sure Bruce means well but question is why don't many of the players want to be at Villa? They were happy enough to join the club. What happened to make McCormack not want to go into training. I just think theres two sides to everything

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

No offence taken on the ITK. I'm simply passing on the message.

I like Bruce as a bloke and it's good to see that he's as frustrated as we all are - but the key point here is that if he can't change it and only has excuses then it's time to go.

The only way my outlook has been changed by learning this is that I should probably be a little less ruthless in my criticism (which I was elsewhere) and at the end of the day, he's just another human. Or a potato. :D

Perhaps the problem with he ruthless criticism of Bruce is the lack of 'green shoots' - there just doesn't seem to be anything to praise at the moment, sadly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

No offence taken on the ITK. I'm simply passing on the message.

I like Bruce as a bloke and it's good to see that he's as frustrated as we all are - but the key point here is that if he can't change it and only has excuses then it's time to go.

The only way my outlook has been changed by learning this is that I should probably be a little less ruthless in my criticism (which I was elsewhere) and at the end of the day, he's just another human. Or a potato. :D

Empathy on Villa Talk? Whatever next? Well said, JPA! Irrespective of his performance thus far, he doesn't deserve the swearing and abuse he gets from some.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Thanks for the ITK, and I dont want you to think I dont believe what you wrote and I'm Sorry for taking apart what he said

Including 

like at Sunderland?

Just imagine being McC. Private problems you cant deal with -> look to football to get solace -> find Gaby in front of you.

Imagine how other players feel, played out of position, and asked to play against their natural game. How would you feel?

So all of a sudden, or since coming here, Chester, Terry, Whelan, Lansbury, Hourihane, Adomah, McC and Hogan are the wrong ones, the likes of Gaby & Hutton the right ones?

.Feeling sorry for useless f**** who is F******* up big style who will eventually get £1mill+ for hindering our attempts at promotion 2 seasons running?

There isnt a manager in the Ch or lower half of the PL who wouldnt die for such backing as he's had.

Bruce Out! asap

I think the list of unhappy players at villa is much longer than just Mccormack

• Like 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Empathy on Villa Talk? Whatever next? Well said, JPA! Irrespective of his performance thus far, he doesn't deserve the swearing and abuse he gets from some.

He doesn't deserve swearing , name calling, or abuse.

But he does deserve the sack.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But they could look at any performance over the last 10 months to tell them it's highly unlikely. 

If we don't win today and he remains in the job I'll start to lose even more faith in Xia. 

I said days ago, any points we drop today are on the owner. 

Again I don't disagree, but the fact is they haven't sacked him based on what's go on so far, so every game he's still here, represents a chance for him to start making things right and whilst that's the case, I'll carry on hoping he does. 

The fact that he seemingly cannot get the players to do what he wants on the pitch says more about him as a manager than it does the players.

I can just about buy the idea that there is more than just one player, RMC, might not want to be at the club but I can't believe that there are a number. If there are I suspect that is because they are utterly hacked off with the coaching and tactics of SB and his team rather than the club.

It is a total cop out to blame the players. Terry for example is a consummate professional and personally I think that could be said of a lot  of the squad. Much as Hutton gets stick on here, he never gives less than his best, regardless of how good that is!

Anyway even if he does think the players are the problem he needs to MANAGE the situation to get the best out of them. Spoiler alert....he is not going to get an entire new squad before 31 August.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Yeah I don't think he deserves abuse. But his comments are becoming more insulting so it's no wonder people are becoming that way towards him. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Including 

like at Sunderland?

Bruce Out! asap

Completely agreed apart from McCormack. 

If anything, reading what JPAngel has put has just made me more pissed off that in private he is blaming everyone else but himself as well as in the media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Keeping his job may well depend more on the performance than the result today imo. 

Play like we did against Hull 1st half and I think he'll stay, even if we lose. 

Play like we did against Cardiff, then I think he'll be gone. 

Then we will be potentially 11 - 12 points off the top teams, IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

If that would be considered "going in the right direction", I question the destination.

Wow so Bruce is full of excuses and puts down the team to randoms he meets at a cricket match. What a low life and shit leader he is, wonder did he point out any of his faults and how he has failed in his job. Get rid of this pleb today ffs

He's whining about the performance at Cardiff and yet 8 of the starting line up were his signings plus Gabby, Hutton and Chester. So Bruce can't get a performance out of his own side but he does what he seems to do best and deflects the blame. He's a chancer and a bottler...

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 3

Â