Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

59 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

fans are sucked into this constant analysis and criticism. This has created a 'reactionary' culture...or 'over reactionary' to be more precise.

And yet I can't help but notice that we are BOTTOM of the CHAMPIONSHIP.

What has to happen for discontent to be justified????????

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

And yet I can't help but notice that we are BOTTOM of the CHAMPIONSHIP.

What has to happen for discontent to be justified????????

We are only 3 games in mate, the signs are there that a well oiled machine is coming to play some great football and roar us to to the top of the league.

After which Bruce is going to ram our words down our throats.

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I think this sums up my stance on things too. I've watched villa for 40 of my 44 years, and will always watch them and want them to do well. I just think that these days, with 24/7 coverage of everything football, fans are sucked into this constant analysis and criticism. This has created a 'reactionary' culture...or 'over reactionary' to be more precise. It seems that some people see it as a sign of being a better fan, the more hysterical they get. I've said it many times before, I want villa to be successful as much as anyone else....but if they're not, I will still follow them, into the conference if needs be. I will still enjoy going to watch them.

Just so we know, when can fans express their concern and want the manager sacked? How long do we need to be bottom of the league for it not to be seen as an over reaction in your book?

I'm genuinely curious. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are only 3 games in mate, the signs are there that a well oiled machine is coming to play some great football and roar us to to the top of the league.

After which Bruce is going to ram our words down our throats.

:ph34r:

Nurse! :D

• Like 1

3 games is nothing to look at the table on. But it is the performances rather than the results which are very concerning as the football has been very, very poor. I still like the guy and I would be delighted if we go on a winning run now. But  that is based on blind faith rather than anything really in the last 10 months.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Surely if we lose tomorrow he is gone. You can't be bottom of the league after 4 games on 1 point and keep your job. Not after last year as well. 

We are already bottom from 3 games and 1 pt, that is bad enough and he should already be gone!

**** useless word removed that he is!

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

3 games is nothing to look at the table on. But it is the performances rather than the results which are very concerning as the football has been very, very poor. I still like the guy and I would be delighted if we go on a winning run now. But  that is based on blind faith rather than anything really in the last 10 months.

I did but after his insulting comments the last few weeks that's changed. 

• Like 2

F**k the league standings after 3 games. The problem is the last two games we looked a joke! We will lose tomorrow or sneak a point. The team is totally devoid of self belief and confidence. They can't string more than 3 passes together without either given the ball away or hoofing it up the pitch. There is no movement, no intensity. It's shocking. If it's the players then we're f**ked, end of. If it's the manager and the coaches then there is still a change to save the season. Xia has to act soon. 

This coming from a guy that defended Bruce up the last game. Enoughs enough. Please act. 

JV, does Jedinak make us a winning team or a not losing team? I thought it was that we don't lose with him playing and a winning team when he and Kodjia play? 

Not being arsey mate, just a curious question that someone may be able to answer with stats?

Either way, it means nothing has changed since last season and that was always my concern due to us not buying a creative player in the summer. 

17 minutes ago, villarocker said:

JV, does Jedinak make us a winning team or a not losing team? I thought it was that we don't lose with him playing and a winning team when he and Kodjia play? 

Not being arsey mate, just a curious question that someone may be able to answer with stats?

Either way, it means nothing has changed since last season and that was always my concern due to us not buying a creative player in the summer. 

He was basing his attacking strategy around Jack Grealish, it's not his fault if he got injured and the pesky FFP got in the way of him buying Iniesta and Messi. Gosh some people!

• Confused 1

Looking at the Johnny Kodjia thread shows just whose fault it is for Villa' s struggles - Steve Bruce. Why? Kodjia was away at the AFCON and came back with a knock. We played 9 games in that time he was out and we took 1 point. No wins and just 1 point from 27 is shocking and a reason to sack the manager at any level of football. 

When Kodjia broke his leg, the club were reporting he could possibly be out until October. Did Bruce do anything about this? No! He must have started the season believing we have addressed the situation of not being able to score without JK and yet after three games we have taken just 1 point and scored 2 goals. In fact, if you go back to the game where JK got injured and include that, we are 2 draws and 3 defeats since the injury, scoring just 3 goals in those 5 games. 

Only one person can take the blame for making us a one man team and that is surely the manager. In his own words when Jack Grealish got injured he said My system in pre-season was geared around Grealish and how to get the best out of him. Is that the level of tactical nous this man is limited to?

If we fail to win today surely Dr Xia has to get rid of Bruce. We won this game and the Reading fixture last season. There's surely no way back for Bruce if we don't get 3 points this afternoon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes, my problem with him is that 10 months in, we sill look no closer to playing like a team, a team that knows each other's game, knows each other's roles and their own inside out. I just can't imagine one of our players playing a "blind" pass knowing 100% where the recipient is because that same movement off the ball has been worked on for ages and been repeated so many times in a game. The way it is at the moment they have to search for ages for someone in space or just lump it up the field out of desperation. Our movement off the ball is horrendous when we have a player in possession, it has been for so long it's a joke. Especially in the areas of the pitch that count, as soon as we get over the half way line support from midfield vanishes and we see to try and play with 2 or 3 players versus 5 or  6 of them, occasionally managing to smash a hopeful cross into the box when outnumbered.

The problem is the quality of the football has not improved at all, he's spent money and bought his own players, he's had time, we're bottom of the league playing shit football. 

Â