Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Now Bruce is making us all turn on each other. When will the madness end!!

:crylaugh:To be honest I think all comes down to how you wanna debate, I mean i am not turning on @lapal_fan i see what he is seeing but I just dont agree with it. I am sure the same can be said about a lot of my posts!

You all need to calm down guys, he will be gone this weekend. There's no real sign we will win tomorrow and surely even Tony Xia, for all his lack of football knowledge, would not be able to tolerate seeing us take 2 points from the 12 that have been available. If he does tolerate it he will be jeopardising fan loyalty towards him and I doubt he will want to do that.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I saw a man at Cardiff whole body, every limb shaking with sheer anger, it was really disturbing. Like I totally get fed up at games, and at football in general, but to get really annoyed about stuff that just doesn't make your life better or worse in any way kinda hints at yer general current mental state. Mine currently is bored, hence why I'm spending an unhealthy amount of time on VT today while the kids fend for themselves.  

That's me according to @terrytini :lol:  

25 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My only issue is the ferver of it, it makes you (figuratively) look bitter and a bit simple.

"HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT STEVEN BRUCEKINS SAID ABOUT MY VILLA?!?!" 

sounds sillier than;

"Steve Bruces presser was a bit of a shit wasn't it?" 

But the internet is all about extremes now-a-days innit? 

I think your issue isn't about Villa fans, just chavs in general :mrgreen:

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think your issue isn't about Villa fans, just chavs in general :mrgreen:

:D 

I think football attracts them.  But I know @terrytini is far too old to be a chav.  I've been around 40-odd, 50-odd year old blokes, from differing backgrounds who cry about football - I just think its sad :lol: 

It' meant to be entertaining.  If you don't think it is, then don't go.  It's not an obligation. 

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

:crylaugh:To be honest I think all comes down to how you wanna debate, I mean i am not turning on @lapal_fan i see what he is seeing but I just dont agree with it. I am sure the same can be said about a lot of my posts!

For what it's worth I agree. If you can't vent your anger on a fan forum then where can you?!

Personally I don't think he is even remotely close to the sack at this point, sadly, I think despite his bleating in the press the owner is backing him. I think that is a mistake but there you go.

If we were to lose on Saturday I think things could start to turn a little ugly which might surprise the Dr but I think Bruce is well aware he is on thin ice with the fans. The comments he is coming out with are intended to keep us on side the irony is I think they are doing as much damage as the performances and results.

• Like 4

Another delusional press conference. He thinks he joined about a month ago and we deserved something from Reading!! Unbelievable. What's happened to journalists asking follow up questions? Surely he should be pulled up on his 10 months here and still awful football and how he thinks we weren't hammered v Reading? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I think football attracts them.  But I know @terrytini is far too old to be a chav.  I've been around 40-odd, 50-odd year old blokes, from differing backgrounds who cry about football - I just think its sad :lol: 

It' meant to be entertaining.  If you don't think it is, then don't go.  It's not an obligation. 

Haha why do you care so much about how strangers react to football that you need to continually post about it?

But not understand why people continually post about how they feel about the manager. 

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Another delusional press conference. He thinks he joined about a month ago and we deserved something from Reading!! Unbelievable. What's happened to journalists asking follow up questions? Surely he should be pulled up on his 10 months here and still awful football and how he thinks we weren't hammered v Reading? 

The problem is journalists know they have to be nice to keep their access. Especially local ones who rely on villa stories for their job. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Haha why do you care so much about how strangers react to football that you need to continually post about it?

But not understand why people continually post about how they feel about the manager. 

Hey mister last word emoji subverter, these unnecessary long winded conversations are threatening to make me put the laptop down and make the kids dinner - I don't want that!

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Apart from today I've hardly ever mentioned it.  I've just had a quiet period at work where I could comment, much more than I normally do to be honest! 

I mostly post in off-topic where people seem to be a bit calmer about stuff. 

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Personally I don't think he is even remotely close to the sack at this point, sadly, I think despite his bleating in the press the owner is backing him. I think that is a mistake but there you go.

Yeah I thought that, he sounds confident he's staying. Must have spoken with Tony, but I still don't get how he stays if the next few games look like the last two. 

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You've inadvertently justified why people are angry. It's not entertaining it's garbage. Unfortunately most see watching Villa as an obligation because that's what fans do. I take it you care or  you wouldn't have 6000+ posts on here so surely seeing crap football for the last 10 months with a manager that's becoming more and more delusional about it must make you a little angry. If you are happy with our current plight id say you are in a very small minority one that Bruce isn't even in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattjpa said:

The defence would like to offer Alex McLeish, your honor ;)

Hand on heart - how much worse was Eck  - us ? During the Eck  tenure, I would suggest not a million miles and in a better league -

Disclaimer  - please do not take this as an endorsement of the Big Ginger geezer 

Â