Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah I thought that, he sounds confident he's staying. Must have spoken with Tony, but I still don't get how he stays if the next few games look like the last two. 

I've just watched the recent wyness interview on villa view and wyness seems to think Bruce is the bees knees and was repeatedly preaching about stability of a long term manager - don't think Bruce is the only problem at management level .

wyness will be loathe to let Bruce go and I fear this circus will continue to run .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The problem is journalists know they have to be nice to keep their access. Especially local ones who rely on villa stories for their job. 

Might aswell just release a statement. Gregg Evans was scathing after Reading but then doesn't question the We should've got something fro the fame quote? It's a joke. If he got banned he could just recycle the quotes anyway as it's the same crap most weeks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

You've inadvertently justified why people are angry. It's not entertaining it's garbage. Unfortunately most see watching Villa as an obligation because that's what fans do. I take it you care or  you wouldn't have 6000+ posts on here so surely seeing crap football for the last 10 months with a manager that's becoming more and more delusional about it must make you a little angry. If you are happy with our current plight id say you are in a very small minority one that Bruce isn't even in. 

The majority of my posts are in Off Topic. 

If I'm not happy with something, I take myself away from it.  There's no point doing something you don't want to do. 

My last season ticket was MON's last season when we got to Wembley and finished 6th.  Before he walked out I didn't get another season ticket because I was bored at the games.. and that was when we were 'successful'!  (it was the Everton game when we drew 2-2 I made the decision, I remember it vividly) (please let that result be true :lol: ).  

I think the problem some people have on here, is that they are so involved in every little thing that comes out of the club, that between the games, 7 days seems like a lifetime - so it's death by analysis. 

If you come and go occasionally, 3 games in with 1 point doesn't "feel" like a big deal - you just think we're had a bit of a shit start, but that will probably change with our squad.

I listened to TalkSport the other day for the first time in years and they were talking about whether SB should get the sack and MOST of the callers said "no way, it's just a bad start".  

• Like 1

Another thing from the wyness villa talk interview was he says Bruce barely sleeps during the season because he has such a fear of losing games .

This makes sense as he's more bothered about  not losing than about winning which explains his negative management .

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I've just watched the recent wyness interview on villa view and wyness seems to think Bruce is the bees knees and was repeatedly preaching about stability of a long term manager - don't think Bruce is the only problem at management level .

wyness will be loathe to let Bruce go and I fear this circus will continue to run .

I'm conflicted, my eyes hurt after cardiff/reading but I do really want stability. On balance I would be happy if the board and Tony stick with, so long as we go up this year or next. 

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If I'm not happy with something, I take myself away from it.  There's no point doing something you don't want to do. 

My last season ticket was MON's last season when we got to Wembley and finished 6th.  Before he walked out I didn't get another season ticket because I was bored at the games.. and that was when we were 'successful'!  (it was the Everton game when we drew 2-2 I made the decision, I remember it vividly) (please let that result be true :lol: ).  

I think the problem some people have on here, is that they are so involved in every little thing that comes out of the club, that between the games, 7 days seems like a lifetime - so it's death by analysis. 

If you come and go occasionally, 3 games in with 1 point doesn't "feel" like a big deal - you just think we're had a bit of a shit start, but that will probably change with our squad.

I listened to TalkSport the other day for the first time in years and they were talking about whether SB should get the sack and MOST of the callers said "no way, it's just a bad start".  

It's not about the last 3 games one though it's his record over 10 months - as regards views each to their own :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

It's not about the last 3 games one though it's his record over 10 months - as regards views each to their own :) 

But it's not even over 10 months - he's only been here for 6! I heard him say it!

:lol:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I'm conflicted, my eyes hurt after cardiff/reading but I do really want stability. On balance I would be happy if the board and Tony stick with, so long as we go up this year or next. 

Stability is only good if you have the right manager , no point in keeping  the wrong man . 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Might aswell just release a statement. Gregg Evans was scathing after Reading but then doesn't question the We should've got something fro the fame quote? It's a joke. If he got banned he could just recycle the quotes anyway as it's the same crap most weeks. 

He made some sarcastic comment about a meltdown after cardiff. He was awful during the Lambert final year as well. No integrity. 

They're only really good for info, their opinion has to try and put a positive spin on it, which makes it pointless really as they can't be honest. 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yes they are. That was in response to your post about people in the real world wanting him to stay. 

I said 'calling for his head after 3 games is pathetic'

You said 'I couldn't agree more but no one is though'

You said 'fans were chanting you're getting sacked in the morning'

I said (sarcastically) 'no one is calling for his head then?'

You said 'not after 3 games, it's after 10 months'

So....i think its pathetic that fans are calling for his head after 10 months in the job and 3 games into the  new season.

Ok cupcake? :wub:

2 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I said 'calling for his head after 3 games is pathetic'

You said 'I couldn't agree more but no one is though'

You said 'fans were chanting you're getting sacked in the morning'

I said (sarcastically) 'no one is calling for his head then?'

You said 'not after 3 games, it's after 10 months'

So....i think its pathetic that fans are calling for his head after 10 months in the job and 3 games into the  new season.

Ok cupcake? :wub:

Haha thanks. 

Your response about people in the real world agreeing with was to someone else. In response to that I pointed out that the away fans at the game had turned. 

Your corrected statement now makes more sense although I strongly disagree it's pathetic and I'd love to know what's pathetic about it. 

45 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Personally I don't think he is even remotely close to the sack at this point, sadly, I think despite his bleating in the press the owner is backing him. I think that is a mistake but there you go.

If we were to lose on Saturday I think things could start to turn a little ugly which might surprise the Dr but I think Bruce is well aware he is on thin ice with the fans. The comments he is coming out with are intended to keep us on side the irony is I think they are doing as much damage as the performances and results.

Yeah it seems so, thats why i would urge the fans to just get behind the team and put their feelings aside with Bruce and lets just see what happens. He MAY turn it around but I highly doubt it. I expect another shoddy crap performance vs Norwich with a loss then all hell will break loose 

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Stability is only good if you have the right manager , no point in keeping  the wrong man . 

If they are keeping him, it must be on faith that the team will perform better. Bruce's tactics if you can call them that are 100% gash, but there have been some really poor player performances so far. We all just need something to work with, big chance on saturday, fluff that and we have nothing - surely can't go on and on. But win, then win again and again then maybe he is the right guy. 

The comments by Bruce today will only alienate people more - he's been in the game long enough to now managers are judged on results - I think he will go a week tomorrow as the international break begins.

However  much  wyness rates  him surely failure to beat Norwich or bristol would see the end game ?

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

You perceive a problem. You moan about people getting angry and seem to try to take the higher ground. Understand that some are more invested than you. Im sure there's things that you get angry about that others don't. I've been to every game so far and can tell you the feeling is his days are numbered. Have you watched us this season? It's not the 1 point form 9 it's the abject performances that are backing up from last season. It's easy to look from the outside and find reasons to keep him but if you've seen us play you'd know it's going to take a miracle for him to turn this around. Watching us makes me angry but I'm a fan and I'll keep going as that what we do ithe hope it'll change. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

You perceive a problem. You moan about people getting angry and seem to try to take the higher ground. Understand that some are more invested than you. Im sure there's things that you get angry about that others don't. I've been to every game so far and can tell you the feeling is his days are numbered. Have you watched us this season? It's not the 1 point form 9 it's the abject performances that are backing up from last season. It's easy to look from the outside and find reasons to keep him but if you've seen us play you'd know it's going to take a miracle for him to turn this around. Watching us makes me angry but I'm a fan and I'll keep going as that what we do ithe hope it'll change. 

Good post. 

I just don't see what's difficult about the bolded part. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I went to the Hull game and I watched the Colchester game.  I watched the highlights of the other 2.  

The Hull game we played well in the 1st half, then inevitably the second half was different when Hull were after an equaliser.  However after Hull got their goal, we could have had 2 ourselves - so that game was fine, just bad finishing cost us.  That said, plenty of salty blokes around me.

Colchester was alright, we were never in danger really.  Steer made a couple of good saves, but we never really got tested.

We've then had a shocker against Cardiff, who we played crap against last year when we lost 1-0 when we could have still gone for play offs.  

And against Reading I think we played like a team who were under pressure.  We played better when they sat back at 2-0 up, which enabled us to score a consolation - but still a pretty poor performance. 

So yea, I've watched us this season. 

I love seeing Villa do well. 

Edited by lapal_fan

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Good post. 

I just don't see what's difficult about the bolded part. 

I'd say I'm heavily invested, I come here everyday, see all the news and always watch the game in some capacity (highlights, steams, going) but I can rationalise, which others seem not to.  And not being rational doesn't mean "a better fan who cares more", it just makes you irrational. 

We can lose and not be completely shit. 

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Colchester was alright, we were never in danger really.  Johnstone made a couple of decent saves, but we never really got tested.

So yea, I've watched us this season. 

Jed Steer says you're talking bollocks mate ;)

• Like 1

Â