Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

25 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd say I'm heavily invested, I come here everyday, see all the news and always watch the game in some capacity (highlights, steams, going) but I can rationalise, which others seem not to.  And not being rational doesn't mean "a better fan who cares more", it just makes you irrational. 

We can lose and not be completely shit. 

Wow how amazing of you. 

I've seen plenty of people rationalise their opinion on why they want the manager out. Or why they have been angry or annoyed with him or why they don't think he will do well. The vast majority of posts on the subject seem very rational. You put these sarcastic dimwitted posts in capitals showing the kind of fan you dislike and yet nothing like that has been posted in this thread. 

Once again, unless people react the way you want them to or think they should you're going to moan about it. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Wow how amazing of you. 

I've seen plenty of people rationalise their opinion on why they want the manager out. Or why they have been angry or annoyed with him or why they don't think he will do well. The vast majority of posts on the subject seem very rational. You put these sarcastic dimwitted posts in capitals showing the kind of fan you dislike and yet nothing like that has been posted in this thread. 

Once again, unless people react the way you want them to or think they should you're going to moan about it. 

Again with the condescension.. For one who moans about it, you sure are good at it. :)  

The response immediately after the press conference this morning was nothing short of vitriolic from some posters.

Again, I'm not really moaning about it either.  I just think people should rationalise what they put, if only for their sake.  

There have been plenty of posts with opposing views to my own which I don't have a problem with.  

Now stop quoting me you sub-human piece of filth (that's a joke about the air of superiority you imply I try to create, which I also don't). 

• Like 1

All this talk about Bruce today  but tonight it's the other Bruce that will get all the headlines - saddened to hear of sir Bruce Forsyth passing away .

As for Steve , tomorrow if things go badly he will feel the wrath of the fans - he needs to put out a positive side and go for it but I expect more same old turgid football. 

• Like 1

We basically need a big lad up top,really surprised that we haven't got one before know Bruce is basically signing players that doesn't suit the type of football he plays as regards him being a dinosaur and playing negative football unfortunately a lot of negative football is needed to get out of champ ,Benitez Karanka ,Dyche ,Bruce himself and managers  like Warnock and McCarthy have got promoted in the past and are top of League at the moment are all negative defensive minded managers ,only Wagner and Eddie Howe have been really progressive possession based managers who sides played good football.So having a defensive manager can get you up our problem is the type of players we have our strikers are poor with back to goal ,we have to get someone in that can win headers and hold ball up if we continue to play this way there is no right and wrong way to play but you definitely need to play a way to suit the players you have ,Bruce is the wrong type of manager for the players we have and unfortunately it's his own fault as he has bought majority of them ,he is a dead man walking unless he brings in a couple of physical players in attwcking positions .

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Now stop quoting me you sub-human piece of filth (that's a joke about the air of superiority you imply I try to create, which I also don't). 

There's nothing wrong with feeling superior to everyone else, but I wouldn't expect you plebs to understand that.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He is starting to spout bollocks at a alarming rate now.. 

Exactly.  He's bemoaned our lack of striking options at the minute yet on Tuesday night we were dominated by a side who didn't even start with a recognised striker.! 

If it stays as is, whilst heartily laughing at the unwashed (as per usual); tomorrow becomes an absolute must win - if it wasn't already. He'll be out if we lose - even 'non-football' people can read a league table - as evidenced by my GF from Canada who knows nothing about football, who, when I showed her the table, said 'Villa really are shit aren't they?'

Edited by AstonMartyn88

Burton are winning. Looks like we will officially be bottom of the league. Thanks Steve, of course you can have more time to sort it out. I mean one win in the last nine championship games gives us loads of confidence that you're on the right track. Go for it.

Please fire this guy tomorrow.

Aston Villa should not be bottom of the league after record investment at this level.

This fat spud-faced **** should be ashamed of himself dragging the club down, waiting for a pay off for his ineptitude. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

All this talk about Bruce today  but tonight it's the other Bruce that will get all the headlines - saddened to hear of sir Bruce Forsyth passing away .

As for Steve , tomorrow if things go badly he will feel the wrath of the fans - he needs to put out a positive side and go for it but I expect more same old turgid football. 

I suppose Xia isn't immersed enough in UK cultural references to come out with

"Nice to sack you, to sack you, nice!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, peterms said:

I suppose Xia isn't immersed enough in UK cultural references to come out with

"Nice to sack you, to sack you, nice!"

Well he sure as **** has had no reason to say "good game , good game " ;) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd say I'm heavily invested, I come here everyday, see all the news and always watch the game in some capacity (highlights, steams, going) but I can rationalise, which others seem not to.  And not being rational doesn't mean "a better fan who cares more", it just makes you irrational. 

We can lose and not be completely shit. 

I think this sums up my stance on things too. I've watched villa for 40 of my 44 years, and will always watch them and want them to do well. I just think that these days, with 24/7 coverage of everything football, fans are sucked into this constant analysis and criticism. This has created a 'reactionary' culture...or 'over reactionary' to be more precise. It seems that some people see it as a sign of being a better fan, the more hysterical they get. I've said it many times before, I want villa to be successful as much as anyone else....but if they're not, I will still follow them, into the conference if needs be. I will still enjoy going to watch them.

• Like 1

Â