Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I believe I'm the founder or at very least the co-founder of the Bruce out camp on here. Where do I collect my medal? I also tipped Wolves to win the league under Nuno.

But seriously we have bigger problems than Bruce, the gray men in charge of hiring and firing players and the managers are from the same *BF era!

At least we don't have to read any more cringy "I believe Bruce is the man for the job, he has X amount of promotions" type posts anymore. He seems to have now zero support on here which as we know only means one thing - bye bye Mr Bruce. 

*Before football

• Like 1

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce said: "It was on the edge of embarrassment if I'm being brutally honest.

"It's a rude awakening for us, very early again. Arguably that's the biggest doing I can remember having in the Championship.

"We didn't do enough of the basics. We looked fragile every time they broke on us."

no edge, just absolute. 

He doesn't need to be sacked now- there is a natural break coming after the Bristol game.

Thats the time he should go....unless things have dramatically improved - by which I dont just mean Kodja scoring or us scraping a couple of wins, I mean some football, some goals, some performances,

Thing is in all honesty can anyone see that happening ? I can't.

As such I have a lot of sympathy with the view he might as well go now. The only real reason against it is the turmoil it causes.

As such I think he has a little longer.... but I personally wouldn't be the least bothered if Tony sacked him tonight.

Im already not looking forward to going to Reading- he is sucking the life out of us already.

• Like 2

I have seen the problems on the pitch all fans have seen.....but I genuinely believed that with a pre-season and a change of personnel things would get better.

I now have a serious doubt all is well at BMH and that is manifesting itself on to the match day pitch.

We all know that when you go down the level of technical ability from players drops too.....my worry is the competitive streak has disappeared too.

I have disturbing doubts about BMH....something for me is not right.

I am not in favour as you know of changing managers too often.....but something is seriously awry here and i feel action is not far away.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Considering the only thing he really talked about was 'playing with your boots on' and we totally failed to do that, he should be considering both his approach and his position.

He has put great store by his 'stiffening of resolve' argument. It's been used to - effectively - justify month after month of poor quality football.

Yet we haven't even got that 'resolve'.

• Like 2

I can't fault him for the starting XI, or the subs for that matter. Our tactics are so bad though. We play it out wide to Hutton or Taylor, they can't cross it in properly, then we are caught on the counter. It was rinse and repeat all day. We need to play centrally more, but the problem was Lansbury was misplacing every pass. 

I said before the start of the season I would try not to be negative regarding Steve Bruce and do my best to see the positives in every game. This is proving to be more difficult than I thought, but I will try my best.

Sack him now Tony please!!!!

That was the best I could come up with.

• Haha 1

Just now, coda said:

"I've tried desperately to put it right" Sounded like he's out of ideas.

Have you? Hoofing the ball to hogan when he needs the ball at his feet? Playing a pile of shit in Hutton at eb. Playing Lansbury in a familiar position which has made him woeful.

signing a 33 year old who looks completely unfit and incapable of anchoring the midfield?

stop talking shit Bruce just admit you tried and failed. Do the decent thing and resign

Some people at the club are getting off very lightly here , the Managerial appointments have been a disaster , player recruitment has been a disaster , season ticket renewals , the ticket office , the club shop , the disabled section in the north stand , the new advertising boards , AVTV .... No need to carry on  , the problems here are way deeper than Steve Bruce

• Like 1

Watford sack their manager every 6 months hasn't done them any harm...they've gone through loads getting out the Championship and stay in the top half of the Prem. This stability thing is another myth to protect media favoured manager. If you have a manager who is shit or to be kind isn't right for you, then you get rid. Don't hang about when it's painfully obvious. Bruce hasn't gave us ANYTHING. Defence crap, midfield crap, attack crap w/o Kodija. 

• Like 3

I am loyal and believe in giving managers time and all that. I hate the transition phases we always seem to be in. I want stability. 

I was happy with Bruce appointment. I could see the logic, well the theory of the logic. 

There were many alarm bells last year. So many overlapping issues that are elementary and obvious and well referenced by others in this thread. 

He has had two transfer windows. A full pre season. Has had money to spend. Wages to play with. Had the opportunity to sweep a broom through this club. To advance us. 

We are not advancing. We are stale already , two matches in, five points dropped. There can be no excuse for this crap. Lessons not learned and even more issues emerging about our ways of playing that sound more alarm bells. 

This is going to go one of two ways. 

1- suddenly by our third game we magically resolve all of the issues that are plain obvious to everybody on here and we start playing like champions, gain consistency and some identity, stability of how we play and act as top-two favourites a la Brighton or Newcastle. 

Or

2- we continue as seen. 1 point in every six or the occasional guillotene-sparing win until we realise the playoffs are all what's left. Ours will not be a Huddersfield story. Mid table at best. 

There's more chance of me winning the lottery tonight and Emma Watson delivering my pizza than there is of scenario 1 happening. 

Heart says give him three games but head knows those three games would just be the same old same old. It's like Groundhog Day. 

Hurts to be a Villa fan. 

• Like 3

Â