Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, Junxs said:

A few of us wanted him out end of last season. Would have been ideal, new man with the summer window and preseason to get his ethos across. We have wasted the last 3 months.

100%. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He sold Rudy bought Hogan to fit this brand of football. Now that defies any logic.

It certainly does, how can ANYBODY spend money on buying Rudy Gestede? 

19 minutes ago, Junxs said:

A few of us wanted him out end of last season. Would have been ideal, new man with the summer window and preseason to get his ethos across. We have wasted the last 3 months.

100%. 

On 26/05/2017 at 09:36, Stevo985 said:

Wanna bet?

I'll give £50 to Acorns if we don't get promoted next season (under the condition Bruce is here all season)

if you match it if we do get promoted.

If Bruce leaves the club via any method before the final game of next season I'll pay up regardless of league finish.

Might as well pay up now Stevo!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

My concern is who'd actually want the job now. We've got a horribly unbalanced squad and no money to spend to sort it out. 

Mate this clubs huge and gave a ambitious owner. The squad is very strong just needs a manager who knows what the hell he is doing

Surely the clock is ticking?

what an embarrassing result along with the 2 points thrown away last week.

hopefully Dr X will be just as infuriated and frustrated as the fans are.

his money is being pissed against the wall and not even making a pretty pattern whilst doing so....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

But Bruce's is playing like we have Rudy up top!! Explain that?!

I can't. I must confess I really wasn't aiming to comment on Bruce's tactics, just making a really cheap gag. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It's too late now, the damage has been done by keeping Bruce as manager.

No it hasn't. Sack FistFace ASAP get a good manager in and we can still get promotion. We have the best squad in the league if it's used right. If we have a competent manager things will turn around awful fast.

• Like 2

You know what I think has happened here?

He has finally been given real money and backing at this level, free reign to pretty much build a side. He has looked on in the past and saw all those managers doing that "playing football" thing and thought finally I now have the chance to show the world.

So he has bought an entire team of footballers ...because I do think there are some good players and technicians here (thanks Brendan)...but he hasn't got a **** clue how to play football!!!

Should have just bought Diame and some other big bastards like he usually does.

• Like 1

We're in a tough predicament right now.

We had a pre-season that consisted of great PR with a mission statement of promotion. We all were told the things that we wanted to hear and there has been a lot of gloss over this summer.

The tone has changed from;

" Building a squad capable to mount a challenge "

" Needing time to settle "

"Needing Pre- Season to create a style"

"Buying the players that can handle the pressure"

All of the above have been excuses not only from Bruce but by Keith Wyness.

The problem that we now have is that this is our second game this season and many could say that we are jumping the gun of wanting Bruce out..  Maybe we should not have renewed his rolling contract at the end of last season? 

So what happens now?

• We sack him, hire a new manager and expect promotion? -  I genuinely think that if that happens then it is a footballing miracle.  
  • He stays and proves us all wrong?
  • He stays and we finish mid-table and lose half of our squad next summer because of FFP
  • We sack him, hire a new manager but he needs a year to rebuild this squad that has already been rebuilt? - This could potentially damage the dressing room but I am sure we are use to that though aren't we?

I do think the biggest problem that we have is the manager.  I think that his coaching squad is threadbare and totally inept but that's just my opinion.

If I had my way I would not have renewed his rolling contract last season and would have tried to pinch Jokanovic from Fulham and gave him a full pre-season. Despite Jokanovic being unhappy at Fulham, I don't think that we are in a position to get him right now because a lot of managers perhaps views this club as a managers graveyard which currently... it is.

I still think that automatic promotion is a stretch  for this season, as I have said many times on here (Despite being challenged), we do not have the squad capable of mounting a challenge nor do we have the best squad in the Championship. 

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Well my choice of words already made my view clear.

Well in my opinion those people were perfectly valid in questioning some of the comments made after preseason games while still condemning the manager now the season has started.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hopefully Rafa leaves Newcastle I'd love him here

That would be the most ideal scenario. However I am sure a club already in top flight somewhere would offer him a job instead. I don't see him dropping down to take a job. 

Â