Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

It's too late now, the damage has been done by keeping Bruce as manager.

It was vitally important that we got promoted this season because next season it will be even harder due to FFP and reduction in parachute payments.

It was obvious that Bruce was not up to the task last season and someone else should have been appointed.

Dr Tony was piss poorly advised and IMO heads need to roll upstairs yes i'm looking at Round and Wyness because the decision to keep Bruce has probably cost us promotion this season and will probably result in us being in the championship like Leeds for many seasons to come.

I can't believe so many people fell for the "He just needs a preseason" rhetoric what a load of garbage.

He's tactically clueless, our only chance is if he goes right now but if we leave it another 3 - 5 games we have no chance of getting in the top 6.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Allardyce is retired! 

So was Harry until Blues came knocking..

Football is in their blood, an offer like this comes along it makes you interested again. No manager stays retired until no club wants him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

A few of us wanted him out end of last season. Would have been ideal, new man with the summer window and preseason to get his ethos across. We have wasted the last 3 months.

Longer we wait, worse it will get. Gotta go tonight. 

Get Allerdyce in and let him get a couple on loan before the window shuts. Within 2 months we would start bossing this league. 

Allerdyce is a good call but would also split the fan base right down the middle again. There would be several calling for his head from the off. 

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Its odd, I seem to recall a lot of people in this thread belittling the concerns raised in pre-season. Yet I don't see them saying the same now.

If you read back you will see my apology but well done for not getting all smug about it. 

• Like 1

Let's reflect this...

Reasons to sack Bruce 

Team is a shambles defensively 

Team can't pass

Cant create chances

Dinosaur football

Has a 15m striker who is notorious for scoring goals with his feet but plays hoofball to him

Reasons to keep Bruce

erm...

25 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm not. I'm really not. I don't know what it is but it doesn't matter what we try, we still get the same shit.

Although I do think there is a manager out there who could at least deliver better football and marginally better results than Bruce so for that reason he can **** off.

Wagner would have turned us around I think. At the very least we would be playing a progressive type of football.  If we got a manager who could get us playing the modern way then results would eventually take care of themselves. we are going nowhere by sticking with Bruce

Edited by PaulC

Just now, Phumfeinz said:

Bruce has been in charge for 10 months now. In that time he's had two transfer windows and a full pre-season to impose an identity on this club.

The only identity we have, is a shit one. There is nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest we are going to win promotion. We still suffer the same problems we did when he joined - we can't do the basics, we have no tactical influence on any game, we manage maybe 30 minutes tops (if that) of competent football a game before shitting the bed. 

Tony needs to act now and not make the same mistake as last year with Di Matteo in leaving it till it's too late to make a proactive change.

You are 100% spot on with this. I wad enough of this garbage. I supported him despite my concerns but there has been absolutely no improvement, in fact we have got much much worse. This clubs identity is shit under him. I mean I look at the results tiday and you see teams at least trying to win a game 3-2, even shitty blouse came back and won against an inform Bristol city.

there is no excuses. The Steve Bruce project has failed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Let's reflect this...

Reasons to sack Bruce 

Team is a shambles defensively 

Team can't pass

Cant create chances

Dinosaur football

Has a 15m striker who is notorious for scoring goals with his feet but plays hoofball to him

Reasons to keep Bruce

erm...

He sold Rudy bought Hogan to fit this brand of football. Now that defies any logic.

Â