Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd be surprised if he's lost the dressing room.  The simple fact the team just had too many cloggers in it, with little quality, technical ability, pace or movement put together in a very basic formation.  He's still probably really popular round the team and the club in general, but we have to face up to this is nowhere near good enough and we need something a lot more imaginative.  

I doubt he ever had the dressing room. 

As others have said, we are regressing under Bruce and after his comments today he should walk. If he fails to walk I hope the good doctor shows him and all his "coaches"?? the door.

Newcastle lost the first 2 games last year and easily gained promotion but they had Benitez. As many have already said a younger, modern manager/coach would have a talented squad and plenty of time to get us promoted.

• Like 4

I'm not a massive fan but he has to be given at least 5 more games to turn this, sacking someone after 2 league games is absolutely ludicrous and incredibly small time. I happen to think he won't turn it around and said as much in the promotion thread, I said people targeting automatic promotion or play offs as a definite under Bruce were going to be sorely disappointed.

Even with that though, we would somehow be even more of a laughing stock than we currently are if we got rid after 2 league games. He has no more than another 5-8 league games for me. If nothing improves then no more than 5, if style of play improves but some results go against us then I'll be more patient and if he turns it around completely then he deserves to stay on a bit longer.

I don't know, I'm so conflicted about Bruce, have been since day one, he is a likeable bloke and has bought in some great players for us but his ability has always been in question. I'm just fed up of Villa being **** and no matter what we do, what decisions we make, they all seem to **** go against us. 

Edited by Ingram85

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Bruce has failed to get the best out of his own signings - the likes of bree, hourihane, lansbury and hogan have gone backwards under him - if a new manager comes in and gets the best from those guys and maybe gets mccormack on board too then maybe we could still a decent crack at promotion .

Im saddened that Bruce has failed but we now need to move swiftly and address the situation. 

Exactly, these are good players at this level. Bruce style does not suit the players. A more attacking manager would suit this style. 

Whelan for example what a shot signing 33 on a two year deal. Wtf? This kind of signing makes zero sense. We blew  almost 30m on hogan and McCormack and this guy Cardiff picked up has almost as many as both of them combined in the villa careers.

wtf??!

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I'm not a massive fan but he has to be given at least 5 more games to turn this, sacking someone after 2 league games is absolutely ludicrous and incredibly small time. I happen to think he won't turn it around and said as much in the promotion thread, I said people targeting automatic promotion or play offs as a definite under Bruce were going to be sorely disappointed.

Even with that though, we would somehow be even more of a laughing stock than we currently are if we got rid after 2 league games. He has no more than another 5-8 league games for me. If nothing improves then 5, if style of play improves but results go against us then I'll be more patient and if he turns it around completely then he deserves to stay on a bit longer.

I don't know, I'm so conflicted about Bruce, have been since day one, he is a likeable bloke and has bought in some great players for us but his ability has always been in question. I'm just fed up of Villa being **** and no matter what we do, what decisions we make, they all seem to **** go against us. 

You want to risk having Bruce for another 5 games if we get more of this crap today? There is absolutely no excuse losing the game in this fashion and absolutely none for cresting so little with the players at his disposal. The last thing we want is another di matter situation. 

Its not just two games is it? What about last seasons? The same problems and shit as then. No progression. I would say at most 3 games. No way should he given more of he continues like this.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

and this guy Cardiff picked up has almost as many as both of them combined in the villa careers.

You on about Kenneth Zohore? Quality striker and they paid like £1mil for him. Whatever our scouts are doing when there is good talent in Europe i will never know.

We have reading , Norwich and Bristol city to Play in the league before a 2 week break - I can't really seeing us winning any of those 3 games and therefore expect Bruce to be gone before August is over .

whatever happens v Wigan is not going to save him .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

You on about Kenneth Zohore? Quality striker and they paid like £1mil for him. Whatever our scouts are doing when there is good talent in Europe i will never know.

And Mendez Laing. Both were peanuts while we sign 30 year olds like McCormack 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

We have reading , Norwich and Bristol city to Play in the league before a 2 week break - I can't really seeing us winning any of those 3 games and therefore expect Bruce to be gone before August is over .

whatever happens v Wigan is not going to save him .

If we suffer another heavy defeat (as I expect) in midweek he will most likely be sacked. No way can he survive at Norwich. The atmosphere will be toxic.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And Mendez Laing. Both were peanuts while we sign 30 year olds like McCormack 

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing was born in Birmingham as well!! Ex Wolves Youth.

Funny thing is we always let these players born local rip us apart! See Kemar Roofe last season Walsall born lad who was ex West Brom.

Happened few times over years! As these local lads want prove something to us!!

Edited by Villan4Life

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Even with that though, we would somehow be even more of a laughing stock than we currently are if we got rid after 2 league games. He has no more than another 5-8 league games for me. If nothing improves then no more than 5, if style of play improves but some results go against us then I'll be more patient and if he turns it around completely then he deserves to stay on a bit longer.

I understand your point of view but we are already a laughing stock

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we suffer another heavy defeat (as I expect) in midweek he will most likely be sacked. No way can he survive at Norwich. The atmosphere will be toxic.

I've no doubt he will not turn this around and draws won't cut it either .

it is purely a question of when now .

Edited by Eastie

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

You seem too concerned with being a laughing stock. 

If you don't think he will turn it around why would you want more time?

After 10 months, 2 transfer windows and a pre season what's 5 more games going to do?

• Like 4

Dr T only has one question to ask himself .... Can Bruce manage a total 180 degree turn around in the next two weeks and get this squad playing attacking winning football? There is only one answer to that question and therefore only one result. Action has to be taken now.

We have three matches in the next two weeks followed by a two week international break which gives us time to make a new managerial appointment. To be honest if we were without a manager and first team coach by this time tomorrow, we wouldn't get any less and may even get more out of the next three games than is likely under Bruce, Calderwood and Clemence.

Â