Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

From that interview it sounds like his agent and KW will be talking payoff numbers tomorrow.

If he were to leave imminently, though delighted, I'd love to know what the board have seen in the last 2 games that wasn't blindingly obvious in the 36 games that proceeded them. 

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I question whether he has lost the dressing room - are the players playing for him or would many like to see him gone ? 

The squad has talent no doubt - something is very wrong on today's performance and the coaching staff clearly are failing too.

The worrying thing is that we are only 3 games in. The players can't have lost faith in him after such a short time, so the only conclusion must be that they didn't have any in the first place. Therefore we need to look at the people above him and ask why they didn't see this coming? Surely it was apparent toward the end of last season. Were they so blind to the problems because they had already made their minds up that stability was king and they were sticking to the SB plan no matter what? They took the easy option rather than being proactive. Steve Bruce old school manager, Steve Wyness old school CEO. 

Tony Xia has been a breath of fresh air and has spent money. However that only buys you so much credit. He's a young guy with modern business ideas, some of that needs to start being implemented nearer the first team. I'm not suggesting soccer ball geeks sitting in front of screens pouring over endless statistics, but a forward thinking, football CEO who has a plan and the ability to implement that plan. Who that is I have no idea, but we'd better hope someone at Villa Park does and quickly. Bruce is the immediate problem, we will discover soon enough if the problem runs deeper with the next appointment. If it's someone like Wagner then we may be able to start looking forwards and upwards, if it's someone like David Moyes then I fear the future looks as bleak as ever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

If he were to leave imminently, though delighted, I'd love to know what the board have seen in the last 2 games that wasn't blindingly obvious in the 36 games that proceeded them. 

I think questions should be asked of round and wyness as well to be honest - the next appointment has to be correct or we are truly **** - I cannot see Bruce surviving another month now to be honest - the damage is done .

• Like 1

We are regressing under him. No improvement! He is turning us into an below average Championship side. This club, this squad and most importantly from a footballing point of view the money we are spending should make us look out of place in terms of quality. He isn't building a team for the future in fact come May we may be back at square one whether we are still in this division or not. Last time he had serious backing he put the likes of John O'Shea, Wes Brown and Assamoah Gyan on big wages. Positive from last season was the defence so he dismantles it and in the process sells Baker. Ironically a few months earlier he bemoans previous managers for selling players who come through the ranks. (Post match Sheff Wed in regards to Bannan and Albrighton). The football is atrocious, no philosophy, no mentality then he states pre match Cardiff he wants to be like them because they have a footballing style. He is the manager and has had time and funds to implement a way of playing football. Fed up of people saying but if we were promoted on 1-0's would you mind. The majority of the time I see us go 1-0 up we blow it by sitting back and inviting teams on to us when we could be out of sight. We have some of the top scoring strikers in the Championship yet struggle to score. Bruce thinks it is because we need to buy more strikers without once considering we don't create chances in the first place. One shot on target today. Problem? Throw money at it instead of coaching. Didn't want him in the first place but after all he was touted as a short term solution with an outside chance of the playoffs last season. He didn't do that which was probably enough to lose his job. Sorry about the rant but I did found it quite theraputic. Up the Villa.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

He needs to go now doesn't he.  However, I don't get how players like Terry want to play for him if he is so crap and lost the dressing room?  Terry could have earned better money elsewhere surely.  

Terry has come here as the manager in waiting (in my opinion). 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

He needs to go now doesn't he.  However, I don't get how players like Terry want to play for him if he is so crap and lost the dressing room?  Terry could have earned better money elsewhere surely.  

Terry came here for the challenge of getting a big club back in the prem. He didn't come here for the honour of playing under Steve Bruce. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I'd be surprised if he's lost the dressing room.  The simple fact the team just had too many cloggers in it, with little quality, technical ability, pace or movement put together in a very basic formation.  He's still probably really popular round the team and the club in general, but we have to face up to this is nowhere near good enough and we need something a lot more imaginative.  

Our opponents are going to be so up for playing us in next few games they will chuck everything at us ploughing more and more pressure on bruce, concede early in next few games and bruces demena will get worse i worry for our future this season is biggest for many a year no promotion plus ffp and next season we will not have luxury players we will have a youthul side that will need to be given more time.

17 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

yeah....but something is really weird.

I'm not someone that is happy to chop and change managers every few months, but I can honestly say that I've seen nothing in the past 10 months to suggest we are improving under Bruce. The majority of his (January) signings have been average at best. Its too soon to judge summer signings I think.

There is no way I can see Steve Bruce getting us promoted to the Premier League. A good manager would make a significant difference to a team within 10 months. 

We appointed Bruce because he seemed like the best candidate to get us promoted quickly. This isn't going to happen.  We need to find someone that is capable of achieving success in the short and the longer term. I would be doing all I could to get Jokanovic from Fulham if I was the Dr.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Our opponents are going to be so up for playing us in next few games they will chuck everything at us ploughing more and more pressure on bruce, concede early in next few games and bruces demena will get worse i worry for our future this season is biggest for many a year no promotion plus ffp and next season we will not have luxury players we will have a youthul side that will need to be given more time.

Its all we have left to try.....might be no bad thing;)

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its all we have left to try.....might be no bad thing;)

Tro can I ask your thoughts now, sorry if you've already said then earlier, but you're normally of a similar mindset to me, and boy I feel like I've been knocked for 6 today, and major second thoughts have kicked in.

Â