Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, av1 said:

There are at least a dozen championship managers that last season, got much more, with much less. 

there are at least a dozen players in recent times that have played better at their previous clubs too.

12 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

7 games further away from the top 6.

He needs to go now, give him his P45 and drop him off at Big Johns in Erdington so he can have a consolation kebab.

Sacking him is bad enough without wanting him to get mugged follows by a dose of the shits.

Np bro just shocked more than ever at him hes getting to the point of blaming anything for bad result this will continue. I get a feeling his management reign will be like building blocks go unbeaten in 3 then lose confidence will leak outta that dressing room if you play football correctly to players strengths our results will pick up we need quick passing going forward have ago dont just sit and hope.

My only worry is that because he should have gone in the summer, the board may fear looking like plonkers if they pull the trigger after 2/3 games. 

I think they will give him about 10. And that, imo is far to long.

The board need to show balls. Admit they f##ked up and sack him. Now.

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think he actually said when we lost the goal we fell to pieces not when we lost Elmo. That being the case after 9 months he should have instilled enough back bone into the side so we can go a goal down and then stick our chests out and bust a gut fighting back. The opposite happens though and we cower into our shells and given that we now have the likes of Terry, Chester, Whelan, Jedinak,  in the squad it has to run deeper than simply personnel on the pitch.

I question whether he has lost the dressing room - are the players playing for him or would many like to see him gone ? 

The squad has talent no doubt - something is very wrong on today's performance and the coaching staff clearly are failing too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

there are at least a dozen players in recent times that have played better at their previous clubs too.

So whats the common denominator? 

Just now, av1 said:

So whats the common denominator? 

judging by todays culmination.....you are probably right.

lets just hope we get better when the inevitable happens.

8 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Basically admitted in that interview he isn't competent to do the job..Think he just signed his own P45

I too think its all over for him now.

10/10 for honesty.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He can't address it?! Time to go Steve 

My word! 

How can the players have any respect or faith in him after saying that?

**** off Steve

All i ask is play players in correct positions and have ago take risks villa are devoid of any ideas as soon as we go 1 up we shut up shop as soon as go behind no ideas how to get back in. We clearly have a great championship squad on paper but the tactics and ideas are just not fitting for a club our size. No promotion this year were stuck for a fair few years in my opinion  dont look back and think what if take a few risks and impose ourselves on the opposition.

When's the last time we had a manager that knew wtf he was doing? Houllier maybe? What's that, 6 years and and 6 managers later.

It's one thing if your philosophy isn't working for the time being (a la the aforementioned Houllier actually), but having no discernible plan whatsoever is unforgivable. And no, lump it to Hogan/Agbonlahor/Benteke/Bent/Heskey and pray something happens doesn't count as a ***** plan. Seriously, what have we done to deserve this?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Every day with him as manager is a wasted day. 

I said this months ago and nothing has changed. 

That, in a nutshell is why he needs to leave. 

If there was a vision, signs of improvement, progress, or even just a clue, fans would back him to the hilt. 

The trouble is, today was just a carbon copy of what we saw a dozen times last year. Even down to the 'i expect more' interview.

This sort of football is the bruce way if we were getting alot of luck it would not hide the fact he dosnt bother with tactics he said that himself he managers like someone playing football manager on the pc he truly believes if he has the players villa will win Wrong steve you have to actually manage putting 11 players on the pitch dosnt count you need to analyse the game see hutton was getting skinned alive and react dont wait till a certain time in game to make changes.

Â