Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Never wanted him, wanted Wagner or Brentford manager at the time he came in. Ticked a lot of boxes but has failed spectacularly to get us into any sort of state where we have a style of play, look  like we have a game plan and could take on any team in the division, always feels like we could be beaten by anyone. Pull the trigger please Tony, before its to late. 

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I praised him over the summer and now within 45 minutes of full time in our third game of the season, after one win, one draw, one defeat you're saying posters like me have been slow to put their head above the parapet. I mean really mate come on get a grip ffs it is not some competition where we call each other out on being right or wrong about players or managers as the bottom line is that we all want the same thing don't we which is to win games regardless of who is on the pitch or who is on the touch line.

As for Bruce he needed to hit the ground running this season as he would always be judged quickly having been given 3/4 of last season. I don't think 3 games into this season is long enough to make a definitive judgement but I'd imagine by the end of this month, so 3 more league games, he needs to win a coupe of them as otherwise he could well be out come the international break.

Always happy to read your posts, Mark. Very level headed and never a need a score points off others. Well done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Christ alright. I think most people have conceded the error of their ways today. What do you want? A mass Cersi style naked walk of shame so all the longstanding anti Bruce people can hurl rotten vegetables and insults at us? 

I think any naked walks should be by invitation only and participation strictly monitored by a quality control committee. Obviously in these modern times there can't possibly be any gender discrimination, but anyone with more than zero bollocks need not apply. 

The biggest problem I have with Bruce is that we are just so predictable in everything. I knew we wouldn't win today. I doubt we will win either or our next two either. If the fans feel that way then surely it must be pretty easy for our opponents when facing us?

I said he would be gone within 6 - 8 games. If I was Xia I'd be having a really good chat with him on Monday to ask him why nothing has changed from last season. I think he might even sack him if we don't win either of the next two.

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We're in a tough predicament right now.

We had a pre-season that consisted of great PR with a mission statement of promotion. We all were told the things that we wanted to hear and there has been a lot of gloss over this summer.

The tone has changed from;

" Building a squad capable to mount a challenge "

" Needing time to settle "

"Needing Pre- Season to create a style"

"Buying the players that can handle the pressure"

All of the above have been excuses not only from Bruce but by Keith Wyness.

The problem that we now have is that this is our second game this season and many could say that we are jumping the gun of wanting Bruce out..  Maybe we should not have renewed his rolling contract at the end of last season? 

So what happens now?

• We sack him, hire a new manager and expect promotion? -  I genuinely think that if that happens then it is a footballing miracle.  
  • He stays and proves us all wrong?
  • He stays and we finish mid-table and lose half of our squad next summer because of FFP
  • We sack him, hire a new manager but he needs a year to rebuild this squad that has already been rebuilt? - This could potentially damage the dressing room but I am sure we are use to that though aren't we?

I do think the biggest problem that we have is the manager.  I think that his coaching squad is threadbare and totally inept but that's just my opinion.

If I had my way I would not have renewed his rolling contract last season and would have tried to pinch Jokanovic from Fulham and gave him a full pre-season. Despite Jokanovic being unhappy at Fulham, I don't think that we are in a position to get him right now because a lot of managers perhaps views this club as a managers graveyard which currently... it is.

I still think that automatic promotion is a stretch  for this season, as I have said many times on here (Despite being challenged), we do not have the squad capable of mounting a challenge nor do we have the best squad in the Championship. 

Or we actually hire a manager who knows what he is doing and gets us to at least a play off push.

not every alternative has to be a negative

• Thanks 1

Â