Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Early days, but certainly hasn't got much of a response out of them, not sure 4-4-2 is the right system either, we simply get dominated for possession whenever we play like this.

Hopefully he can spend the money he has better than RDM, because £26m on two forwards who barely deliver is not good enough. 

• Like 1

Is there a chance we could recall Sanchez?

Bruce didn't make it easy for himself today, really needed to switch to three in the middle and play with two wingers behind Kodija once it was apparent we were being overrun.

Just now, NoelVilla said:

Not much to say about Bruce here. This summer was a huge waste of money.

Still not sure why we loaned out two midfielders. Yes Veretout didn't want to stay but he is our player and I think we should have convinced him he was a big part of what we had planned. Then don't sign all the bloody strikers and get ourselves a decent left back.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

If we can somehow pinch a win here via some completely crap undeserved goal it will be great considering the bad luck we've had this season 

Hard to do that when you spend the entire half camped on the edge of your penalty box hoofing the ball at every opportunity.

• Like 2

We looked exactly as we did under Di Matteo, as was to be expected since Bruce only been here a few days. Can't put any blame on him.

He'll have learned from today why Richards wasn't playing before and that we really can't play with a 2 man midfield.

Hopefully he'd also seen enough to determine that Cissokho should not play and that Grealish isn't a winger.

Time to get to work Bruce, lots to be done.

• Like 1

Hopefully we have a manager who isn't a passive pussy and will not tolerate such a weak performance. Problem is he cant bring in his own players and we have such an unbalanced side.

Edit: And don't just give him 15 games to fix this shit. This is a 2 year+ job to just fix the mentality of the club.

Edited by jasoncb
Update

Not long back. I'd imagine that was a good insight for the manager has to what he has taken on.

Having two defenders get injured didn't help him as it meant he had no attacking options and in the last 20 odd minutes we needed fresh legs up top. I actually think RDM's legacy could be that he has left behind a squad that looks lacking in fitness as not for the first time tonight we looked leggy in the second half.

Plenty of work for Bruce to get stuck into but with the games coming thick and fast next to no time on the training ground to implement his ideas so will have his work cut out.

Well brucey if you didnt know what you had got yourself into you do now. just got home and can honestly say that was one of the worst performances ive seen in my 25 years of watching villa. obv no blame on bruce. wolves strolled through are midfield all game, tsbola crap, "Warrior" jediak even worse .oh and our captain Elphick a limited lower division plodder, i could go on..

I just hope brucey can steady the ship till january until he gets  a chance to sort the midfield out. it pains me so much to see us in this mess it really does break my heart. how has it come to this

• Like 1

Absolute garbage Bruce.

As bad as anything I have seen at Villa Park.

Worse than the first hour v Newcastle, without the spirited finish.

No new Manager bounce (have we ever got one) unlike, say Warnock at Cardiff, Richards at Right Back appalling decision.

No fight, no challenges, no pressing, nothing.

Dreadful.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Well brucey if you didnt know what you had got yourself into you do now. just got home and can honestly say that was one of the worst performances ive seen in my 25 years of watching villa. obv no blame on bruce. wolves strolled through are midfield all game, tsbola crap, "Warrior" jediak even worse .oh and our captain Elphick a limited lower division plodder, i could go on..

I just hope brucey can steady the ship till january until he gets  a chance to sort the midfield out. it pains me so much to see us in this mess it really does break my heart. how has it come to this

Why not ?

Disappointed he chose Richards at right back , he was always going to it was so obvious he would pick the seasoned pro , the big name Richards on reputation not reality . Hopefully he won't play again , and add to that cissokho 

• Like 1

Â