Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

What formation does he normally play? It's one of those, that obviously we all know of a Bruce that his teams are hard to beat, but I can't say I've watched them much

last time he was in top flight I think he was playing a 3-5-2 with Elmohammedy and Robertson as wing backs. not sure what he did last season though

22 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What formation does he normally play? It's one of those, that obviously we all know of a Bruce that his teams are hard to beat, but I can't say I've watched them much

Whatever they are....they usually change during the game.

If indeed is favoured formation at home is 3-5-2 I reckon he might start with something like this:

-------------------------------Gollini-----------------------------

----------------Elphick----Chester---Baker--------------------

Bacuna--Jedinak-McCormack--Tshibola--Amavi

----------------------Ayew----Kodjia---------------

Possibly swapping McCormack and Ayew around? 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

What what? A manager that changes formations and tactics during a game? I didn't think that was allowed? 

I'm talking about, they often change automatically in response to the dynamics of the game.

11 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

"We need to get the ball to the strikers quicker. Not by launching it, but by passing through teams quicker."

Tool him less than 48 hours to figure it out... :detect:

The post is the @StewieGriffin comment Bruce. Wanted to say that is what we have all been saying!

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

If indeed is favoured formation at home is 3-5-2 I reckon he might start with something like this:

-------------------------------Gollini-----------------------------

----------------Elphick----Chester---Baker--------------------

Bacuna--Jedinak-McCormack--Tshibola--Amavi

----------------------Ayew----Kodjia---------------

Possibly swapping McCormack and Ayew around? 

Isnt that the team we started at Ipswich and looked all over the place at times except think Westwood played instead of Tish

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still think way too much emphasis on tactics and formations being our downfall. If you are second to every ball and lack the same level of fight as the opposition then it's irrelevant how you are setup. Bruce's biggest job will be to get these players confident and up for the fight. 

It's probably not well known in the UK as much but maybe a little bit with sky showing it the last few years. I'm talking about GAA in Ireland, hurling to be specific. I'm Irish, villa fan 20 years. In the last 15 years, Kilkenny have won 11 championship's and contested 14 of of those finals. Amazing. Every time formations and tactics are put to their manager by the media he always comes back to one thing. Spirit. You don't have it u won't do anything. Their hunger is incredible, year on year, manic savage intensity and tremendous skill.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake
  • Like 1

Songs involving spuds not needed, probably not a good idea to antagonise our new manager.

Let's stick to:

Steve Bruces claret blue army

Brucie, give us a wave...

Plus belting out Birmingham, are you listening will be even more fun now

:thumb:

Â