Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don't disagree with that.

I do 'blame' him for picking Richards !! (just opinion though when it comes to players I know) and I do think as Manager he is/was in a position to get the Team doing more of what I complained about (the 50-50's, pressing the ball, pushing up etc).  I don't/didn't expect miracles, I know he has had them only briefly, their total absence was disappointing.

Yeah I know what you mean about the rb terry. Unfortunately with de laet out for season, we are limited. The alternatives are Hutton (god did you see him mistake that almost us??!) or bacuna. I think bacuna would be better used at cm. we are screwed at rb until January. 

I would say it was more than disappointing id say it was a complete shambles from the plYers. I'm stick to death already of hearing excuses from these players. They are Professional footballers paid ridiculous money. If they can't handle it retire and get another career change. 

Edited by Demitri_C

If you change something and you don't see immediate improvements.... then you've changed the wrong thing or changed it to the wrong thing.

Was working until 7.30 so recorded the game and just finished watching it. I mean, seriously, wtf was that?

Not a patch of difference. Not even a bit of extra energy.

10 minutes ago, terrytini said:

See my above Post.

I'm not saying everything was his fault, far from it, and I'm well aware he's only had as long as Warnock has had (?) but that doesn't mean he gets a 100% free pass from me, which he did from you when you said "obviously no blame to Bruce".  Just different view that's all, I think certain things were within his control to a certain extent, and I was disappointed in them.

i dont think warnock has taken on such a shit house as bruce tbh. but im not getting into that. i respect your opinion teri. were all aiming for the same goal at the end of the day 

Big week already ahead for SB here.  Two defeats would be a disaster and be a huge blow to confidence.  However, if we can get 4 or 6 points then maybe things will turn?  Who knows, but huge disappointment today because at the very least I expected some energy, drive etc.  First half time team talk to beat a local rival and nothing? Not even a shot on target in the second half.  I would have the boys in tomorrow and get working with them as much as possible.  

• Like 1

I said it all season, the players, McCormack apart, show no signs of urgency throughout games. They stroll along like a bunch of Billy big bollocks' and the opposing team have as much time as they like to do whatever it is they like. 

We need to be a lot more physical as a team and to be that Bruce will need to sign players because the current bunch don't have it in them. 

• Like 1

Awful

RDM has left us with a massive hole in the middle of the park

He needs to do something radical in midfield. Find someone in the reserves, recall someone, play someone from a different area of the team. Something

jedinak has completely gone. Tishbola looked very average. 

Richards and Cissoko really really poor and no positional sense at all

Not sure at all about Grealish. I wasn't that he was that bad, it's just that I can't pinpoint a position that he can play in. Not a winger and not a midfielder

Potentially our best(?) players are all forwards so must always leave two or three of them on the bench and play very average players elsewhere

Big big money needs to be spent on two or three a grade midfielders, until then Bruce needs to come up with an XI who can keep their heads above water

terrible mess

• Like 2

If fitness is the issue then we need to rotate more and give the players a chance to get back up to level.

Tuesday i would play Lyden, Amavi, Bacuna, Baker, gestede and possibly Gardner. So much of our current team needs dropping.

gollini

bacuna -- baker --- Chester -- amavi

lyden --- tish --- gardener

ayew (or grealish)

kodjia -- gestede

Has to be worth a try, if lyden isn't fit or ready then play bacuna in midfield and put Richards or Hutton at rb.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

I just pray he has now seen our problems up close an personal now and unlike RDM has some ideas how to fix them. 

At least the problems are the same as they have been so it's not a case of him plugging a leaking pipe with his finger only for a new leak to spout elsewhere. 

I suspect the issues we have cannot be properly fixed until the transfer window because of our truly horrendous midfield but hopefully he can devise a sticking plaster in the mean time. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

His decision to play Cissokho ahead of Amavi baffled me.  He must have a knock if he didn't even make the squad.

He has had two days training with the squad so I won't fault him, he has to assess the mess he has in front of him.  But he could have at the very least had them fired up for a local derby.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

If you change something and you don't see immediate improvements.... then you've changed the wrong thing or changed it to the wrong thing.

Was working until 7.30 so recorded the game and just finished watching it. I mean, seriously, wtf was that?

Not a patch of difference. Not even a bit of extra energy.

I think it's easy to make up pretend quotes to fit anything—on the 'if you change something and you don't see immediate change logic', it's pretty impossible to change all the playing staff in October. 

Never mind the fact that he's had about three days with the same shit players as before, many of which have been away on internationals. There's being unreasonable and then there's being really **** unreasonable. 

Edited by praisedmambo

Just now, praisedmambo said:

I think it's easy to make up pretend quotes to fit anything—on the 'if you change something and you don't see immediate change logic', it's pretty impossible to change all the playing staff in October. 

I've said it many times over the last 4/5 years..... Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Don't see how we can blame Bruce for the performance today. He's had 2 days with them. 

We were sitting in the relegation zone of the championship before he'd had one match with them for a reason. 

Question... had they won 2/3-0.... what would you have said about Bruce involvement?

• Like 1

Just now, Woodytom said:

Question... had they won 2/3-0.... what would you have said about Bruce involvement?

I'd have said it was a positive impact as it's completely different to what we'd seen for a long time. 

A draw with a poor performance is the norm, so can't blame him for having 2 days and seeing the team be exactly the same as before he came 

• Like 1

Â