Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I wonder what the reactions will be like in this thread at 7:30 tomorrow night. Imagine a 1-2 loss? Lots of flak I would guess. A 3-0 win and loads of people tipping us for automatic promotion ;)

Don't be ridiculous. People will be considered and balanced with an objective, thoughtful viewpoint. After all, this is VillaTalk

oh, wait, this is VillaTalk :D

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Regarding his appointment, I dont care whether he managed the Blues but I will always feel slightly annoyed that his late goals against Shef Wednesday prob cost us the title back in 92/3

Shouldn't the blame be directed at the dodgy referee who gave significantly more added time than the second half warranted, rather than blaming a player who did part of his job and scored for his own team, late in the added time? Does anyone think Bruce should have refused to play in those final added minutes?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I wonder what the reactions will be like in this thread at 7:30 tomorrow night. Imagine a 1-2 loss? Lots of flak I would guess. A 3-0 win and loads of people tipping us for automatic promotion ;)

I think as long as the team is set up well and tactically near enough most will be happy to see progress in that respect. If we're set up well, and the players let us down, then they deserve the flak.

I would hope that even people who weren't all for SB will appreciate that any manager who has about 24 hours to prepare for a local derby doesn't deserve much stick. Ten games in, and we still haven't won? Then it would likely get ugly, but I'm still hoping that something like that won't happen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

If we lose we'll moan about Bruce, if we win we can moan about possession stats and the like. But if we win well I guess we can finally go back to moaning about how long it takes them to pour a pint at half time or the paint job in the concourse!! My god it's been a while!! :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brommy said:

Shouldn't the blame be directed at the dodgy referee who gave significantly more added time than the second half warranted, rather than blaming a player who did part of his job and scored for his own team, late in the added time? Does anyone think Bruce should have refused to play in those final added minutes?

No ,he should have the foresight to say.....i will be managing this team in 20 years time I must withdraw my header.

.........we really do need to start winning:)

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think as long as the team is set up well and tactically near enough most will be happy to see progress in that respect. If we're set up well, and the players let us down, then they deserve the flak.

I would hope that even people who weren't all for SB will appreciate that any manager who has about 24 hours to prepare for a local derby doesn't deserve much stick. Ten games in, and we still haven't won? Then it would likely get ugly, but I'm still hoping that something like that won't happen!

You can only hope sense will prevail.

• Like 1

Never seen a manager appointed by us that has pissed off so many noses.

McLeish.....they were highly delighted.

I have to give them credit....they know when we have hit on a good thing.

• Like 3

I am not that excited about Bruce…I don't rate him…I do hope he succeeds and get us at least close to promotion…no way I will slate him if we lose tomorrow…damage with the unbalanced squad have been done this summer and have nothing to do with Bruce.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Never seen a manager appointed by us that has pissed off so many noses.

McLeish.....they were highly delighted.

I have to give them credit....they know when we have hit on a good thing.

You can tell this bloke is really upset about Bruce.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Warnock guiding Cardiff to a win in their first game... I said the day they appointed him that they have a good chance of finishing above us now. Now we have Bruce, I'm quietly confident we can finish higher than then, but just shows how these sorts of managers are what's needed now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I am not that excited about Bruce…I don't rate him…I do hope he succeeds and get us at least close to promotion…no way I will slate him if we lose tomorrow…damage with the unbalanced squad have been done this summer and have nothing to do with Bruce.

That is very noble of you to not slate him.

He is now our manager, with not a game played.

We all have to deal with our own pre conceptions.....until we gain enough information/ criteria to make an informed decision on our opinion.

We will all have a clearer view soon if in fact our first impressions were correct.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

That is very noble of you to not slate him.

He is now our manager, with not a game played.

We all have to deal with our own pre conceptions.....until we gain enough information/ criteria to make an informed decision on our opinion.

We will all have a clearer view soon if in fact our first impressions were correct.

I agree with the sentiments of this point but Steve Bruce is not unknown so we have a lot of information. He is well known in football and we all know what to expect from him. I can agree a little with those who are optimistic about him and I can also see Richard's and Zatman's opinions about him. I want wins and I hope Bruce get us that.

There is nothing like talking to the enemy for the truth.

standing in the pub tonight talking to noses... its comforting to listen to the comments even though the banter was a little strong at times and reading between the lines to my advantage.

what did I glean.

We are in safe hands ,boys

4 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I agree with the sentiments of this point but Steve Bruce is not unknown so we have a lot of information. He is well known in football and we all know what to expect from him. I can agree a little with those who are optimistic about him and I can also see Richard's and Zatman's opinions about him. I want wins and I hope Bruce get us that.

He is not well known in managing Aston Villa.

what he has done in the past, is manage issues he has had at other clubs, not ours.

.....and done well in some/ most instances.

you have to look, listen and make your mind up about the man.

my view is....it will be his best Gig here.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is not well known in managing Aston Villa.

You are a romantic TRO and I like that. We are a football club like many others and we still know a lot about Bruce.

His managerial average results shouldn't really change just because we are Villa. Oh I do hope we are going on a winning run now.

On 12/10/2016 at 15:09, NurembergVillan said:

I aspire to own a Porsche in 5 years time.  Right now I own a second hand 3 series.  When I'm ready to get the Porsche the 3 series will be sent to the knackers yard.

I understand Tony Xia has a rarely used Mondeo if anyone is interested. 

4 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

You are a romantic TRO and I like that. We are a football club like many others and we still know a lot about Bruce.

His managerial average results shouldn't really change just because we are Villa. Oh I do hope we are going on a winning run now.

Noel, I wasn't trying to be a Romantic, just practical.

....of course we look at what manages have done elsewhere and it is inevitable we draw conclusions....but it is no more than a guide.

However in the interests of accuracy, those issues do not necessarily relate to us.

Steve Bruce will face issues he may not have faced elsewhere, but the overall experience he has may place him in a good position to deal with those issues.

2 places are never the same.

.....still confident he will crack it.

Â