Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

It's pretty ironic how our criteria in recruitment was about the character and leadership yet it was everything that our previous manager lacked.

I think that SB has that presence that these players need especially on the touchline.

We haven't had a manager with such experience and i guess accolades since MON.  He may not be exciting, but he will bring some organisation, commitment and some pride back to our football club. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still think way too much emphasis on tactics and formations being our downfall. If you are second to every ball and lack the same level of fight as the opposition then it's irrelevant how you are setup. Bruce's biggest job will be to get these players confident and up for the fight. 

One of the best and most accurate posts I've read on here.

Its getting the simple things right.

48 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head. He is our manager now so let's treat him with the respect that position deserves.

Aside from the RDM chant the managers name followed by claret and blue army has been the staple song for all our managers since pretty much as long as I can remember. I see no reason to divert away from that and certainly not for something related to what we used to sing at him when he was on the opposing side.

I hope and expect him to get a great welcome today.

The thing is Mark.....If the fans don't respect him....why should the players.;)

I do hope the Villa fans show a mature approach to it.:)

We desperately need a togetherness the opposition fear.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sinclair and Clark both scoring today :(

I wonder how many times Sinclair has tried to take on the world, gets close to the goal and then gives it away or falls over?

Classic Sinclair.

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head. He is our manager now so let's treat him with the respect that position deserves.

Aside from the RDM chant the managers name followed by claret and blue army has been the staple song for all our managers since pretty much as long as I can remember. I see no reason to divert away from that and certainly not for something related to what we used to sing at him when he was on the opposing side.

I hope and expect him to get a great welcome today.

This. Also expect him to get a great welcome today. He's going to get us promoted!!!!!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

I expect all of us who'd rather had seen another name as manager will like him if he get's us winning, and love him if he by some miracle get's us promoted.

That's how it works.

As for people disliking him for managing Blues a decade ago, that's just silly. Who cares?

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sinclair and Clark both scoring today :(

I don't really get this sentiment about Sinclair, not just on here but from football fans in general, that him doing well means we've lost some great player that could help us currently. He's playing against League 1/2 level opposition, the standard in Scotland is atrocious. I was at their game v Motherwell a couple months ago in the cup, they won 5-0 and Motherwell were possibly the worst team I have ever seen, could hardly string together more than two passes, our team from last season could've beaten them by a few goals.

17 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I don't really get this sentiment about Sinclair, not just on here but from football fans in general, that him doing well means we've lost some great player that could help us currently. He's playing against League 1/2 level opposition, the standard in Scotland is atrocious. I was at their game v Motherwell a couple months ago in the cup, they won 5-0 and Motherwell were possibly the worst team I have ever seen, could hardly string together more than two passes, our team from last season could've beaten them by a few goals.

Not saying that, just annoying our ex players are scoring for others but were shit for us

Someone.. I'm not sure who.. But someone mentioned that Bruce should change which dugout we use because we've been poor since it happened. 

... They've just announced he's changed it. Scenes. Europe here we come. 

• Like 1

They just had Bruce on ssn says after getting 20 years of stick from us hopefully be nice to have us on his side! Also said he sees how desperate the fans are for a turnaround this club and he will do his upmost to achieve that.

come on Bruce !!!

Â