Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

If we can somehow pinch a win here via some completely crap undeserved goal it will be great considering the bad luck we've had this season 

I used to think that, you know, get a win and we'll be away... fact his we need to be winning every other week or so and we've currently managed about 1 win every few months. The good time aren't just around the corner. We've been too shit for too long for that to happen.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Not long back. I'd imagine that was a good insight for the manager has to what he has taken on.

Having two defenders get injured didn't help him as it meant he had no attacking options and in the last 20 odd minutes we needed fresh legs up top. I actually think RDM's legacy could be that he has left behind a squad that looks lacking in fitness as not for the first time tonight we looked leggy in the second half.

Plenty of work for Bruce to get stuck into but with the games coming thick and fast next to no time on the training ground to implement his ideas so will have his work cut out.

And the First !!

Mind you, not helped by picking a guy at right back who makes me look fit and I'm 55 with an arthritic knee.

Of greater concern, and entirely within the new Mangers control, was the total absence of closing down, winning (or even challenging for ) 50/50's, and that old chestnut, 'pushing up'.

All things I think most (reasonably) expected to come with the new guy in charge.

Yes it/he may well improve (impossible not to IMO) but a very un-hoped for and unexpected lack lustre start.

Edited by terrytini

Got a lot of hard work ahead of him with this team. It looks like it isn't just Gabby who is unfit. They look like they are running in sand most of the time, and they can't last 90 minutes at this tempo.

I'm not sure what RDM was doing around fitness, but Bruce needs to work on that quickly. Very poor from professional players.

Edited by villianusa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I've seen plenty of teams run out of steam after 75/80 mins... we looked shagged after about 35 mins. Incredible. 

Yes, and without having done the things that usually cause teams to run out of steam.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Was about to post regarding the teams fitness, it just looks shocking and might explain all those late goals, I thought that fitness guy was meant to be good?! 

The sheikh of muscles 

38 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Absolute garbage Bruce.

As bad as anything I have seen at Villa Park.

Worse than the first hour v Newcastle, without the spirited finish.

No new Manager bounce (have we ever got one) unlike, say Warnock at Cardiff, Richards at Right Back appalling decision.

No fight, no challenges, no pressing, nothing.

Dreadful.

How about you actually blame the players? It's quite clear we got rid if a lot of wimps and replaced them with another load

Edited by Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

Right now team selection is interesting.

gollini 

bacuna

amavi

chester 

baker

tshibola

adomah 

ayew

kodjia 

in midfield we need to find two players from somewhere

For me we have to start playing bacuna in cm with tishbola 

jedinacks been bloody rubbish

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How about you actually blame the players? It's quite clear we got rid if a lot of wimps and replaced them with another load

The players were woeful, but this is the Bruce thread.  The things I have referred to in the Post are things which I hold the Manager, in some degree, responsible for.

Just now, terrytini said:

The players were woeful, but this is the Bruce thread.  The things I have referred to in the Post are things which I hold the Manager, in some degree, responsible for.

I don't think you can blame Bruce much today. The formation is good and he was robbed of his subs today as we had injuries.

unless Amavi was injured that was his biggest mistake Bruce made. But the players seconded half were absolutely embarrassments, wolves have a team to be proud of we don't. If we can't turn it on at home in derby god help at the sty it's going to be a horrible horrible night for us. I don't even think I am going to watch as we all know what's going to happen

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

No, I don't do that.  I am interested why you said "obviously no blame on Bruce" .

Hes had what 2 training sessions? only 1 of his backroom staff in? he's not a magician, lets give him a couple of game before we start blaming him. its the first time all season weve seen players played in there correct position. it aint his fault we didnt invest in a couple of decent midfielders. ypu cant polish turds

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I don't think you can blame Bruce much today. The formation is good and he was robbed of his subs today as we had injuries.

unless Amavi was injured that was his biggest mistake Bruce made. But the players seconded half were absolutely embarrassments, wolves have a team to be proud of we don't. If we can't turn it on at home in derby god help at the sty it's going to be a horrible horrible night for us. I don't even think I am going to watch as we all know what's going to happen

I don't disagree with that.

I do 'blame' him for picking Richards !! (just opinion though when it comes to players I know) and I do think as Manager he is/was in a position to get the Team doing more of what I complained about (the 50-50's, pressing the ball, pushing up etc).  I don't/didn't expect miracles, I know he has had them only briefly, their total absence was disappointing.

44 minutes ago, Richard said:

Disappointed he chose Richards at right back , he was always going to it was so obvious he would pick the seasoned pro , the big name Richards on reputation not reality . Hopefully he won't play again , and add to that cissokho 

Should have done even a little homework before now to see how bad he has been for us...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Hes had what 2 training sessions? only 1 of his backroom staff in? he's not a magician, lets give him a couple of game before we start blaming him. its the first time all season weve seen players played in there correct position. it aint his fault we didnt invest in a couple of decent midfielders. ypu cant polish turds

See my above Post.

I'm not saying everything was his fault, far from it, and I'm well aware he's only had as long as Warnock has had (?) but that doesn't mean he gets a 100% free pass from me, which he did from you when you said "obviously no blame to Bruce".  Just different view that's all, I think certain things were within his control to a certain extent, and I was disappointed in them.

• Like 1

Â