Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

41 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I said it all season, the players... stroll along like a bunch of Billy big bollocks' and the opposing team have as much time as they like to do whatever it is they like.

I wonder if the inflated prices we paid for these players have gone to their heads? We seem to have bought a group of highly-paid individuals who cannot seem to get it together as a team. And with the team still arguably front-loaded, Bruce had his work cut out for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd have said it was a positive impact as it's completely different to what we'd seen for a long time. 

A draw with a poor performance is the norm, so can't blame him for having 2 days and seeing the team be exactly the same as before he came 

So he can be praised for having a positive impact in 2 days, but not criticised for having no impact. Ok. 

2 hours ago, villakram said:

Starting Micah Richards, purely from a fitness stand point, is an incredibly worrying thing to see. That it also points to a complete ignorance of the past 2 seasons... well.

Micah Richards was not the problem today.

Ive been waiting for the fitness comments, what goes in at our club, every new manager employs a well respected fitness coach, and every time we still lack fitness 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Micah Richards was not the problem today.

Ive been waiting for the fitness comments, what goes in at our club, every new manager employs a well respected fitness coach, and every time we still lack fitness 

I think Richards is part of the problem. He offers little going forward and is constantly out of position in defence. Cissoko is little different on the other side

in mitigation they have poor cover in front of them and opposition have lots of space in midfield. 

That said, a successful side would contain neither Richards nor Cissoko

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I think Richards is part of the problem. He offers little going forward and is constantly out of position in defence. Cissoko is little different on the other side

in mitigation they have poor cover in front of them and opposition have lots of space in midfield. 

That said, a successful side would contain neither Richards nor Cissoko

Agreed 100%, I just think today he did very little wrong and the draw was not his fault. 

For some reason, despite a few (a lot)changes in managers, new owners and in the main a new squad, there seems to be something inherently wrong with the club. What it is I don't know, but  something is wrong 

• Like 1

Maybe? He certainly wasn't the main problem. For me Gollini, Elphick, Chester, Kodija, Adomah and McCormack would be fine with five decent players around them. 

Tishbola was poor today but could also be put in that category. That leaves Richards, Cissoko and Jedinak who look out of there depth. Richards didn't do anything drastically wrong but never looked like he would do anything positive either

Grealish is also an odd one. He's neat and tidy I suppose but is a player without a clear position, neither a winger nor a midfielder. To be fair in a decent setup he would be dipping in and out and gaining experience rather than be expected to be the main creative force. Personally I think his career will be a little like say Barry Bannan (or maybe Shaun Maloney) and I personally can't see him reaching the heights some predict. I hope I'm wrong

• Like 3

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

some on here are just plain clueless and have no idea about football apart from what they learn on Football Manager!!!

our new manager has had 2 days with the squad and some expect an instant turn around!?!? Laughable....it will most probably take a couple of weeks for him to figure out how best to use the players at his disposal, so let's all not give it the Charlie big potato and actually give the new gaffer some time

i would bet his aim for today was 'don't get beat'

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

So he can be praised for having a positive impact in 2 days, but not criticised for having no impact. Ok. 

Well yes. 

If we'd been smashed 4/5 - 0 and had a really negative impact then fair enough. But for having a result and performance which has been consistent before he arrived, how is that his fault. 

If we'd have won comfortably then clearly that's an impact, just as if we'd lost heavily. But we didn't, we did the same as we've done for the last few games. Hence no blame on him because quite clearly in 2 days he hasn't had an impact on the team. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Is anyone really starting to judge Steve Bruce on the back of this game? The guy has inherited a squad that had won one game in 12 this season, no win in 9. He has had the grand total of around 8 hours on the training ground with them.

It was a poor performance today no doubt about that. Fitted in a treat with most of our performances over the last 5 or 6 weeks.

I think Bruce's biggest problem maybe that as a team we look unfit and quickly become leggy on top of being totally devoid of confidence. That isn't solved overnight so lets allow him some time as the last thing he needs, in fact we need, is fans rushing to judgement and getting on his back.

The only people rushing to judgement are going to be the ones that are desperate to rush to judgement. I don't know why anyone would be desperate to do that though. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wiggyrichard said:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

some on here are just plain clueless and have no idea about football apart from what they learn on Football Manager!!!

our new manager has had 2 days with the squad and some expect an instant turn around!?!? Laughable....it will most probably take a couple of weeks for him to figure out how best to use the players at his disposal, so let's all not give it the Charlie big potato and actually give the new gaffer some time

i would bet his aim for today was 'don't get beat'

What a self important and patronising post.

You ought to learn people can have different opinions without being called clueless.

Pathetic.

40 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Is anyone really starting to judge Steve Bruce on the back of this game? The guy has inherited a squad that had won one game in 12 this season, no win in 9. He has had the grand total of around 8 hours on the training ground with them.

It was a poor performance today no doubt about that. Fitted in a treat with most of our performances over the last 5 or 6 weeks.

I think Bruce's biggest problem maybe that as a team we look unfit and quickly become leggy on top of being totally devoid of confidence. That isn't solved overnight so lets allow him some time as the last thing he needs, in fact we need, is fans rushing to judgement and getting on his back.

I judge him on his selections ( and think his selection of Richards poor).

I judge him on our players levels of commitment, their pressing, their fighting for fifty fifty ball ( and think it poor)

I judge him on the level of extra oomph in our play ( none).

All these are, to a greater or lesser extent, within the Managers control.

I don't hold him, by any means, wholly  responsible, but I expected something, and saw nothing.

I'm fully aware there is a long way to go and he can and may get more from them, but this is now.

Put it this way, had he got a noticeably improved level of performance, ( and by the way, let's remember many many Managers do just that in their first game - and with poorer players sometimes ) he would have been ( rightly) praised.

As the performance was, instead, as poor as any other this season, some concern, disappointment, and criticism is hardly misplaced.

In my case I speak as someone who in over 2,500 posts has probably criticised our Managers two or three times, so am hardly some rabid knee jerk idiot.

It was a crap start.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, terrytini said:

What a self important and patronising post.

You ought to learn people can have different opinions without being called clueless.

Pathetic.

and without using big words or punctuation, I stand by the fact that if people honestly expect results after 2 training sessions and 1 game....yes...they are clueless

and yes....if they can't get their head around that, then yep....they are clueless 

did YOU expect an instant turnaround?

Pathetic = the bloke on the match thread who hoped one of our players broke their leg

Edited by wiggyrichard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I judge him on his selections ( and think his selection of Richards poor).

I judge him on our players levels of commitment, their pressing, their fighting for fifty fifty ball ( and think it poor)

I judge him on the level of extra oomph in our play ( none).

All these are, to a greater or lesser extent, within the Managers control.

I don't hold him, by any means, wholly  responsible, but I expected something, and saw nothing.

I'm fully aware there is a long way to go and he can and may get more from them, but this is now.

Put it this way, had he got a noticeably improved level of performance, ( and by the way, let's remember many many Managers do just that in their first game - and with poorer players sometimes ) he would have been ( rightly) praised.

As the performance was, instead, as poor as any other this season, some concern, disappointment, and criticism is hardly misplaced.

In my case I speak as someone who in over 2,500 posts has probably criticised our Managers two or three times, so am hardly some rabid knee jerk idiot.

It was a crap start.

After 2 training sessions and 1 match....

thus why I say some are clueless...

i quote "so am hardly some rabid knee jerk idiot"........yet you post 'that' after Bruce has been in charge for 90 mins!?!? 

Can you also clarify what 'oomph' exactly means??

Your casting judgement after 6 hours training and 90 mins of league football??? why you need to state how many posts you've got is beyond me??? It doesn't make your post any less ridiculous 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Woodytom said:

If you change something and you don't see immediate improvements.... then you've changed the wrong thing or changed it to the wrong thing.

Was working until 7.30 so recorded the game and just finished watching it. I mean, seriously, wtf was that?

Not a patch of difference. Not even a bit of extra energy.

Did it bore you? ;)

We just can't continue to play with a 2 man central midfield. We don't have the players for it.

Until January his hands are tied, so he really can't be expected to totally turn our fortune's around before that.

But if he insists with playing a 2 man CM pairing I will despair. It's easy for everyone to see that it will not work.

• Like 1

After rewatching second half i dont think its all confidence the fitness levels second half looked atrocious. We looked knackered after the first 15 minutes second half. Shows how crap RDM was.

Hopefully it is a fitness issue as that can beaddressed. From what i have seen from previous bruce teams at other clubs, his teams have excellent fitness. Lets hope he can get this sorted out.

• Like 1

Â