Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, KHV said:

At home and replaced all 3 attackers with 2 midfielders and a left back.

What a word removed

Replaced 2 tired wingers with 1 fresh winger and a left back who's played wide left numerous times in France. Replaced a striker who'd run himself into the ground with a fresh midfielder and pushed Bacuna up front as he had more in his legs than Kodja. Gardener brought more closing down with him. I don't for one second blame him for trying to defend the lead. We failed to take our earlier chances and have the game wrapped up. The manager and team were desperate for a win and I think they'll take the 3 points over making attacking substitutions and not winning. The 3 points were all that mattered today after the form we were in. 

• Like 4

Don't know what he'll do when Hogan is back but 433 is the formation we have to stick with. No more chopping and changing every week. 

Bruce isn't getting the sack any time soon so instead of moaning we might as well back him and the team. It wasn't pretty at all but considering how desperate we've been for a win I'll bloody take it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get why some people are still mad, performance was still pretty abject going forward. However we have to realise that the run we have been on is so terrible these players will have had little to no confidence.

Also, if another coupe cogs were right we would be alot better for obvious reasons. Performances might improve if they keep on the grind. (Although we have been here before)

In fairness I could hear Bruces voice belting through he whole match.

Still not convinced but the least we can do is be happy for the 3 points if nothing else.

For me performances are important at the moment. 

This man's meant to be showing that he can get this team promoted next season. Scraping a win every so often is fine if our ambition is to just stay in this league. But today has done nothing to convince me Bruce will get us up. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I'm genuinely interested in this. Could you hear him and if so what was he saying that last half hour?

Ah. By the last half hour I was so panicky that I wasn't concentrating on Bruce. He was less vocal in general in the second half, and I think its fair to suppose that he was just as nervous by that point as the players. 

Edit: In fact, I don't think I've heard him be as vocal as he was today in any of the other matches I've seen. I don't know if that means anything, I just mention it in passing.

Edited by Villanun
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Well we had 52% at home to Ipswich and lost. Take the 3 points over possession!

I want both though, 

i don't want possession for the sake of it, I want a team with a clear ethos who pass the ball with incisiveness, build play to create an opening, not this shit that he serves up. I can't be bothered to bore people with the possession stats for all his games but it is shockingly bad. Just like his points per game and our overall performances. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I had a fiver on Chester to score first at 40/1, we won, and yet I'm sat in the car park debating wether to give my ST away.

I gave mine up when he was appointed as amongst others things I couldn't make a lot of games due to work and family commitments. But I feel so much better for doing it tbh. I choose the games I go to and don't worry about the games I miss. Plus it's been nice doing a tour of the ground and seeing games from different perspectives. I won't renew next season if Bruce is still in charge as I just can't stand the way his teams play football. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I'm genuinely interested in this. Could you hear him and if so what was he saying that last half hour?

I couldn't hear him, but I could see him all the way from the holte.

He spent most of the second half screaming at the players to get out and push further up the pitch. You could tell that from his hand movements.
And every time someone panicked and hoofed it he went **** mental. He was absolutely furious.

• Like 3

Â