Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I couldn't hear him, but I could see him all the way from the holte.

He spent most of the second half screaming at the players to get out and push further up the pitch. You could tell that from his hand movements.
And every time someone panicked and hoofed it he went **** mental. He was absolutely furious.

Well I could see him fine, but the only hand movements I saw was waving people back !

Tgats why I was interested hearing from someone who actually heard him !

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I couldn't hear him, but I could see him all the way from the holte.

He spent most of the second half screaming at the players to get out and push further up the pitch. You could tell that from his hand movements.
And every time someone panicked and hoofed it he went **** mental. He was absolutely furious.

So players do not or can not follow his instructions. Should a manager with a clear plan have to stand on the side shouting at his players for large parts of a game?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So players do not or can not follow his instructions. Should a manager with a clear plan have to stand on the side shouting at his players for large parts of a game?

I don't know or care.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In those three games, we had fifty four efforts on goal and scored once.

I'd be extremely dubious about those stats.  

Opta, the beeb and many more besides often mark any kick even in the vague direction of the opposition half as a chance.  

1 hour ago, KHV said:

At home and replaced all 3 attackers with 2 midfielders and a left back.

What a word removed

Yet as soon as it happened we almost scored!  Kodjia had nothing left, we had to do something.

At least it gave them something to worry about.

Also whisper it quietly but it has to be said that the decision helped win the game.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I'm genuinely interested in this. Could you hear him and if so what was he saying that last half hour?

I was directly behind him... I didn't see much of this. He'd tell specific players to press a man from time to time, but also instructed everyone backwards whenever Derby got the ball.

The plan was very clearly to defend deep and then try and break. The issue with that is a) unless you're lucky teams will score B) when we win back possession the only forwards pass was often Kodjia with 5 Derby players around him. I was irked he got angry at distribution when we got the ball back, there was no one to distribute too because everyone was back... Playing forwards to that one man is at best gonna be hit and miss. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Yet as soon as it happened we almost scored!  Kodjia had nothing left, we had to do something.

At least it gave them something to worry about.

Also whisper it quietly but it has to be said that the decision helped win the game.

Totally agree and we have a game on Tuesday and one fit striker

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, villianusa said:

I can answer that as I have managed for many years. The answers should be no but when the game is going players will drift out of position, and under pressure will act more instinctively, and that usually means more hoof ball than you would want. 

I coach tactics all preseason and then the first game starts and something happens they don't expect and things can very easily be forgotten and things can fall apart. A few more wins under their belt and a bit more self-confidence and he'll do less shouting.

#UTV

I suspect it's down to more than just confidence. He's not had a clear plan in the months he's been here.

Screaming and shouting at players hanging on for dear life, isn't filling me with confidence that we'll improve massively under him. 

• Like 4

Bruce is here for the rest of the season and into next. Whether you like him, loathe him or are indifferent to him, he's going no where for the time being. 

Those at the top end of the club believe in him. I also feel that Wyness doesn't want to admit to another bad appointment and quite simply, I don't think they can afford to sack him.

• Like 2

Â