Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, dounavilla said:

Can we just go without a manager for a while. They could just pick names and formations out of a hat?

This is how Chelsea won the champions league.

Ah, the Tim Sherwood method. I like it. 

MUST GO NOW!!!

Get a temp manager in till the end of the season. Start the search far and wide for a top quality coaching set up till the summer.

That way if the caretaker comes good, or bad (surely can't be worse than this)

We already have a proper structure each way.

Just now, dounavilla said:

Can we just go without a manager for a while. They could just pick names and formations out of a hat?

This is how Chelsea won the champions league.

It's a legitimate option. Dressing room revolt. Ignore his instructions and let one or two of the natural leaders in the dressing room decide. England also won a rugby world cup this way. We need about 3 wins. Any idiot could get us them, not Bruce though.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely think the players could do a batter job of managing the team themselves.

They must be horrified at some of his tactics and subs.

I think we've blown a load of money on crap, run of the mill to decent at best championship players. Hogan is the only one with a real standout record and he's made out of glass (and still never worth anywhere near £15m).

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I'm behind Bruce - I just feel we have to see a manager through and try and prove that yet more change is not what is required. It is a risk, but getting new managers in has been also. 

I have grown very tired of the in the door and out the door culture; not just with Villa. It reminds me of Cagliari or Palermo. I remember sitting here last summer and we're all yearning for new players etc. In hindsight, would we have been any worse off than we are now even if we did despise some of players attitude after last season? The same could be said about RDM being in charge, or the wave of January transfers. Are we satisfying the excitement of a transfer/new manager akin to the purchase of the latest and greatest IPhone or whatever to satisfy the soul? 

My opinion is that we need to get behind the team and manager and do our best to see this through. We need some foundation/core and chopping and changing because we're all miffed after 5-6 years cannot be a continued risk to take. 

• Like 2

Just now, knoppy1987 said:

I'm behind Bruce - I just feel we have to see a manager through and try and prove that yet more change is not what is required. It is a risk, but getting new managers in has been also. 

I have grown very tired of the in the door and out the door culture; not just with Villa. It reminds me of Cagliari or Palermo. I remember sitting here last summer and we're all yearning for new players etc. In hindsight, would we have been any worse off than we are now even if we did despise some of players attitude after last season? The same could be said about RDM being in charge, or the wave of January transfers. Are we satisfying the excitement of a transfer/new manager akin to the purchase of the latest and greatest IPhone or whatever to satisfy the soul? 

My opinion is that we need to get behind the team and manager and do our best to see this through. We need some foundation/core and chopping and changing because we're all miffed after 5-6 years cannot be a continued risk to take. 

Steve ..... that you ?

• Like 1

Â