Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I aspire to own a Porsche in 5 years time.  Right now I own a second hand 3 series.  When I'm ready to get the Porsche the 3 series will be sent to the knackers yard.

And replaced with a Citroen?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Just hope it's announced soon . I have had a bottle of Lambrini in the fridge for 7 years now just waiting for a moment like this !

There's never a good time to open a bottle of Lambrini.

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

.....basically I'm underwhelmed. I didn't want him, I don't rate the bloke. but meh, it's (apparently) done now.

Exactly where I am. Dull, unambitious, uninspiring, unexciting, uninteresting and boring. 

The problem is even if he could take us up (I dont think he will), he does not have the capability to push on from there. He would need to be given a chance to fail and when he does we will be in poor position - his transfer record is extremely poor and his teams are pedestrian and ponderous. The very best scenario (for me) is that we are casting around 18 months from now for someone to come in a start yet another rebuilding project.

Also, he is not the next Ron Saunders for those of you who have been evoking his name.  I was confident that Sherwood and RDM would turn out to be very very poor appointments and whilst not in the same category, I'm confident that Bruce is not the man to deliver even 20% of DrX's ambition

I'm not against him, I just feel that we could have made a much more forward-looking appointment

• Like 2

Odd that it hasn't been announced yet but also half expecting pictures to come out when it does of him having taken training today.

4 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Just hope it's announced soon . I have had a bottle of Lambrini in the fridge for 7 years now just waiting for a moment like this !

We all know you mean Babycham 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

You've shown a clear inability to see the situation from the owners eyes.

Damn right I have. Tho when I did that with regards Lerner I was criticised for that too. 

I'm a supporter. I want to be entertained. Whether it be in the premier league, championship or league 2, I no longer want to be bored witless. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

After all the moaning about bruce, england come in for him. we moan about not getting it done quick enough. we get kenny jacket. following villa all my life that sound very aston villa

the moaning is a natural constant for supporting Aston Villa, just like the Euler's Number is for mathematics.

16 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I aspire to own a Porsche in 5 years time.  Right now I own a second hand 3 series.  When I'm ready to get the Porsche the 3 series will be sent to the knackers yard.

It's not an accurate analogy though is it. In your analogy everything tired, ineffective and unappealing about your BMW can be ditched and replaced with a brand new shiny fully functioning 911.  With us, even if Bruce does get us up (I dont think he will) we then will have to wait for him to fail and then find a new manager who will have to completely dismantle his dull, turgid side and slowly begin to put together a new better side, whilst balancing above the relegation zone

I was hoping that we would appoint a more visionary, long-term manager who could build and grow.

To be clear I'm not against Bruce but I think he is the wrong appointment

Â