Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

"Please get behind the manager"

As I said, well said. All fans should be doing that right now. Not moaning on a message board about how boring and piss-poor he is.

I'll always get behind Aston Villa football club. Steve Bruce on the other hand, is an altogether different issue...

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

"Please get behind the manager"

As I said, well said. All fans should be doing that right now. Not moaning on a message board about how boring and piss-poor he is.

So we should pretend we think he's great? Who are we pretending for?

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

So we should pretend we think he's great? Who are we pretending for?

Decent strawman there.

I'm saying we should get behind the new manager considering he hasn't even managed a game for us. It's just common sense. 

Is that really such an abstract concept for some?

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

I'll always get behind Aston Villa football club. Steve Bruce on the other hand, is an altogether different issue...

Honest question.  How do you plan on approaching the next say 8 months?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Decent strawman there.

I'm saying we should get behind the new manager considering he hasn't even managed a game for us. It's just common sense. 

Is that really such an abstract concept for some?

Not a strawman at all.  You said that we should all support him and stop posting any criticisms.  For me that would involve pretending something I don't beleive - I merely asked to what effect.  Why not ask to close the thread altogether if you can't bear any criticism of Bruce.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What? :crylaugh:

No I'm not, not even close.

I'm saying supporters should get behind the new manager because it's common sense to get behind him until he shows anything to prove otherwise.

Common sense based on what? Again I highlight mcleish who was arguably a more successful manager than Bruce..... yet nobody (and I imagine you were the same but I'm asking out of respect) got behind him.

I can bear criticism, Jesus Christ.

But how about waiting before he's done anything as the Villa manager before it? He's literally done nothing yet. 

Also:

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You don't have to pretend to think he's great to get behind the manager. 

Just now, Woodytom said:

Common sense based on what? 

Are you really asking this question? Why it's common sense to get behind the new manager who hasn't even signed the contract yet?

This is mental. Unsurprising, but mental.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Honest question.  How do you plan on approaching the next say 8 months?

I honestly don't know. It's not going to be easy. I'm actually still clinging onto the faintest of hope that it'll turn out to be someone else. And before anyone asks, Yes, I am deluded.

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Are you really asking this question? Why it's common sense to get behind the new manager who hasn't even signed the contract yet?

This is mental. Unsurprising, but mental.

Did you get behind mcleish fully? Yes or no?

Â