Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

In terms of the season I think we could still go up because the are no good sides and nobody will run away with the league and I can’t see any team going on a Fulham like run. However I do think they required us to get rid of Bruce. He looks broken at the moment and he tactics if possible are getting worse than ever.

I fancy Derby, Forest, WBA and Leeds to be in the mix or thereabouts this season in their push for promotion.

I think we will be too providing we change the manager in due course.

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

We don't get that,  a run of draws yes.

I don't think the top of the table is going to be high on points this season, not like last anyway, so it may be very possible to pull a comeback off this season.

After seeing bruce like this he does need to be gone, if he can't get us in the premier league, he certainly can't keep us in it let alone make a run for the title there. We need an ace of a new manager and finding that kind of guy is going to be tough.

Come on owners Bruce needs to sort it or be gone cus I'm fed up and sick and tired of this crap now, I want the new guy installed asap so things can be underway, I'll even take Thierry Henry if I have too but would prefer JT..

Serious question. Why would you prefer JT as manager?

The lack of any sustained rumour here is really frustrating. Feels like he isn't going anywhere near fast enough. Hoping it's just the way the new boys do their business. 

• Like 1

Should have been sacked after the game last night and I expect he'll still be the manager after the game Tuesday night. He's not going to turn this around and whoever is in charge at villa needs to understand that fast. One win in nine says it all. 

Just now, villa89 said:

Should have been sacked after the game last night and I expect he'll still be the manager after the game Tuesday night. He's not going to turn this around and whoever is in charge at villa needs to understand that fast. One win in nine says it all. 

Looks like we are stuck with him for a while yet. We will most likely win on Tuesday and the cycle will continue.

The owners will only make a move when it’s too late and the season is written off.

9 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

It just sounds like he thinks he's doing a good job just keeping us in this league.

He has a seriously high opinion of himself and his abilities as a manager which is bizarre given his track record. He's consistently not been good enough in the premier league and most of the fans of the club's he's managed were delighted to see him sacked. In his eyes nothing is ever his fault, he's almost like the Donald in that respect. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jim said:

The owners will only make a move when it’s too late and the season is written off.

That's the problem. We'll end up with a new manager trying to scramble a playoff spot. Then we'll lose in the playoffs, Grealish will leave along with all of our loan players and we are back at square one. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That's the problem. We'll end up with a new manager trying to scramble a playoff spot. Then we'll lose in the playoffs, Grealish will leave along with all of our loan players and we are back at square one. 

Why cant we just fall lucky with a manager for once..

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Square one but with 3 years of a new FFP cycle and a billionaire board backing. 

Â