Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Lets be honest.....Sheff Wed are not going up.......which makes the whole afternoon so bloody gauling.

we would lose if no other team was on the pitch, such is the poor application.

I know there are many Steve Bruce critics, but this has gone to another level for me.....something is very wrong, behind the scenes.

Can't agree with this mate. We have a new board, new players, the only constant is Bruce. He didn't even know that Foresteri was suspended today, so there is absolutely no planning at all going on at all. 

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Why do people use the loss of his parents as an excuse? I started a new job on 2nd July. My Dad died two weeks later after a short illness. He was much younger than Steve’s parents. I had to crack on and make it work because I have a 3 year old son and a wife to support. I miss my Dad, a massive Villa fan, like mad but I get on with it and I am doing a really good job. My Dad would be proud of me and that drives me to succeed. Bruce was failing well before his parents sadly passed away and that has nothing to do with our predicament in my view.

Time for us to draw a line under this mans tenure and move on, simply because he is not and never has been good enough. If managers were rated in decency and humility he would be right up there. Sadly for him they are just ancillary measures. What really matters are performance and results. He is failing on both.

I want him to go as much as the next guy, but has anyone used the loss of his parents as an excuse?

I've seen people cite it as a reason to give the guy credit. Being in such a public, high profile job and getting on with it after both your parents have died is admirable. 

But I don't think I've seen anybody use it as an excuse for our shite start to this season.

• Like 2

"In some people's eyes, I will never be the answer, that's obvious but the one thing that changes it is results so we need a few results. I do believe we've got the nucleus of a very decent team again, given time."

But the trouble is Steve that there is no evidence over the last 2 years that time will do anything.  We had one spell in the middle of last season where we looked good (or at least our results looked good - 7 wins in 8 games (and the only defeat being in the cup).  Apart from that our results for the last year have been bang average.  Your analysis is wrong.  We don't need time.  We need direction.  We need a plan.  We need leadership.

• Like 2

Time for a change. I dont want to see the bloke abused, he tried his best. It wasnt good enough.

Look at our squad. That front 6 should be destroying any championship opposition. We are just badly coached., Sorry Steve but thats your job.

The new CEO & owners must make a change now. If they dont they are committing us to another year in the Championship. Which means because of the FFP scam we get locked into the downward spiral and fall further and further behind other big clubs who are feasting on the premier league money.

Changing manager is the top priority. We have the players.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, allani said:

"It's difficult at the moment. No matter what I do, in some people's eyes I'm not going to be the right fit."

Said it before but this quote has a bit of McLeish about it. I guarantee you like McLeish this is what he will use when he eventually gets sacked and is either invited on to Sky to cover a championship game/Goals on Sunday/the papers or something similar. This and the “turmoil” of new owners which no doubt somehow made him forget about opposition players not being available.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Said it before but this quote has a bit of McLeish about it. I guarantee you like McLeish this is what he will use when he eventually gets sacked and is either invited on to Sky to cover a championship game/Goals on Sunday/the papers or something similar. This and the “turmoil” of new owners which no doubt somehow made him forget about opposition players not being available.

The past few years have made me think more fondly of Alex McLeish. Not that i want him back mind, dear god no. But he never had a pop at fans, nor made  bizzarre player selections every week.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Lets be honest.....Sheff Wed are not going up.......which makes the whole afternoon so bloody gauling.

we would lose if no other team was on the pitch, such is the poor application.

I know there are many Steve Bruce critics, but this has gone to another level for me.....something is very wrong, behind the scenes.

Rubbish.

The only common denominator behind the scenes for the last 18 months or so, is Steve Bruce.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I want him to go as much as the next guy, but has anyone used the loss of his parents as an excuse?

I've seen people cite it as a reason to give the guy credit. Being in such a public, high profile job and getting on with it after both your parents have died is admirable. 

But I don't think I've seen anybody use it as an excuse for our shite start to this season.

That's because it's not an excuse. He's just a man out of his depth.

34 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I still can't believe its taken some fans so long to realise we are no good with Bruce in charge. I don't know what football other fans have been watching.

I’ve wanted him out before, but found myself floating in between the two schools of thought since January 2017. What’s always held me back from being full Bruce out is the thought that we could go on another 5 or 6 game winning run. It’s always been so patchy under him.

Unfortunately the good runs of form  during his tenure (of which I think there have been about four genuine good runs of form) have been outweighed by the poor runs of form (which I would now consider to total six).

Easy to say looking back, but the patches of good form never had the same strong conviction that we would prevail with Bruce as the patches of bad form suggested we wouldn’t. The patches of good results always seemed the exception rather than the rule.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I still can't believe its taken some fans so long to realise we are no good with Bruce in charge. I don't know what football other fans have been watching.

I can only speak for myself but I've given up on him this weekend, so the cap fits.

I resigned myself to the football being shit when he got the job - and I wasn't keen on him then either, but if I was going to wait for style under Bruce I was going to go mad so it's never been about the style with him in my eyes, purely the results. I also wrote the 1st season off, job too much in 1 year and all that.

Last year I felt he deserved a proper go at it and, as was said in the summer, in hindsight those who said we weren't going up proved right....by 90 mins obviously...but right non the less.

This season he simply had to come flying out of the blocks. But to sack a guy who got within 90 mins of the prem would have been a bit harsh. Shit or get off the pot.

It's time to get off the pot.

He needed a reaction after that Sheff Utd game and I haven't seen it in honesty. Draw with Blackburn, beat Rotherham and lose to Sheff Weds is not the reaction we needed to see.

• Like 3

Â