Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Why is he still here? It’s really starting  to baffle me why we insist on keeping this incompetent fool. 

probably the same reason Tom Fox stuck with Lambert.

They have no idea who to replace him with

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We can’t just get rid of him without finding a suitable replacement. He will keep us just off the play offs spot, so until we find someone, we will stick with him. 

I agree, NSWE don’t appear to want to rush into a huge decision that will probably impact on their plans in the short, medium and long term. I’m sure that when and if the right guy is lined up, then the trigger will be pulled. 

I’d like to think that these recent sackings at BMH are part of a root and branch overhaul of the club. They may even be waiting to appoint a DOF and could see that appointment as being fundamentally the most important, certainly in the long term.  Only time will tell, but I doubt very much that Steve Bruce is part of their vision of the Aston Villa they want to build. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tinker said:

He's clearly not operating at 100% . We are worse than last season and I suspect the pressure of his unfortunate loss has taken its toll. His very appearance indicates self medication , sorry Steve but it's time to take a rest for a year or two.

We need to make arrangements for a new manager to take us on a temporary basis until we can sort out a real replacement . Big Sam till the end of the season? 

Good gosh no - we surely can't replace one football dinosaur with another ? Would you not prefer a modern forward thinking young coach - someone with fresh idea's and brand new ethos to install into the club ? Eddie Howe is my favoured choice although difficult I would love us to test his resolve and this this is not possible Dean Dmith.

11 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Good gosh no - we surely can't replace one football dinosaur with another ? Would you not prefer a modern forward thinking young coach - someone with fresh idea's and brand new ethos to install into the club ? Eddie Howe is my favoured choice although difficult I would love us to test his resolve and this this is not possible Dean Dmith.

Can’t see us attracting Howe. Dean Smith would be great, but again, very tough to get him to leave what he’s doing at Brentford. No disrespect to Brentford, but Villa is a different beast to Brentford, so it doesn’t mean it would work out like it is at Brentford. 

He’s had a tough time of it at late, like a lot of people in this world have. Yes he’s getting paid more than most people do, but there is no doubt he’s feeling the strain. He don’t look as healthy as last season. Don’t care what any of our fans say, Villa as a club to manage, is rightfully, or wrongly, a very demanding job. 

• Like 1

Thing is though, it’s getting worse. What if we can’t keep up? 

We’re 3 last minute goals from 4 points worse off and starting to get cut adrift. 

We need to replace him now before the oaf does any more damage to the club. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Thing is though, it’s getting worse. What if we can’t keep up? 

We’re 3 last minute goals from 4 poaunts worse off and starting to get cut adrift. 

We need to replace him now before the oaf does any more damage to the club. 

Dem couldn’t have put it better himself.

• Haha 1

Should have gone after Brentford at Christmas and probably would have gone in the summer if it wasn't for the financial issues. Absolutely has to go no, we are wasting time and valuable points for every game he is left in charge.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Thing is we are only 5 points off the top, so why wait?  Getting someone in right now would give us our best chance of going up, whereas if we leave it too long we won't have a chance of catching up.  

Overall, Bruce has failed to address a blatant problem with the defence and his cluelessness he showed when talking about Forestieri just showed that he doesn't prepare properly.  This goes beyond results, it's just monumentally poor management all round.

Totally agree , he could and should have been sacked many times over in his reign 

• Like 1

We had our best spell when kodjia went out to the left wing at start of second half. I’m convinced Bruce was going to give him five minutes there and then bring on Bolasie. 

Then with Grealish back in the middle we started to tick for five minutes and kodjia had a couple of good runs down the left, which meant he held of the change. Then for some inexplicable reason he swaps them again! Jack is completely ineffective on the left. 

We had no shape yesterday, just look like a bunch of individuals who have never played together. With such a bad defence that game was crying out for birkir and whelan in front of them. Reach and Bannan ran the second half. Bruce doesn’t know his best team or how to get the best out of them. 

11 hours ago, av1 said:

Can't agree with this mate. We have a new board, new players, the only constant is Bruce. He didn't even know that Foresteri was suspended today, so there is absolutely no planning at all going on at all. 

I didn't mean anything with the board.....I meant the coaching at BMH and the football side of things.

look I agree he has to go.

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh please stop making excuses for him.

This is absolutely no different to how it’s been throughout his 2 years.

I disagree....did you watch the Wolves Game?....last season despite missing out was not THIS bad.

We won 24 games last season.....so while a lot of the faults are still there.....this has gone to another level for me .....we have won 1 in 8 games.

as for the excuses.....you must be reading me totally wrong.....I want a new manager and coaching staff.

Nobody with an ounce of football intelligence could make excuses for that pile of crap.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, jim said:

Rubbish.

The only common denominator behind the scenes for the last 18 months or so, is Steve Bruce.

Like Trent Jim.....I think you have read my intention wrong.....or I have presented it wrong.

I was referring to him and the coaching.....He has to go.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

I disagree....did you watch the Wolves Game?....last season despite missing out was not this bad.

We won 24 games last season.....so while a lot of the faults are still there.....this has gone to another level for me .....we have won 1 in 8 games.

as for the excuses.....you must be reading me totally wrong.....I want a new manager and coaching staff.

It was this bad on several occasions last season and the season before that. At the very least it’s comparable. One win in seven at the start of last season. Zero wins in nine  games the previous season. Plenty of  other poor runs of form I could reference, this is just the most recent.

Sod the bloody Wolves game. I know you want him gone, but can we stop dining out on that game. There are lots more examples of yesterday’s performance than there are of the dingles match.

Â