Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

29 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

What was the Foresteri comment? 

In his press conference yesterday he was talking about Foresteri being a big danger, even though he was suspended for todays game. 

So god knows what sort of preparation we do for each game. 

Also has to be said on the post match comments - he states “we didn’t move the ball quick enough and that we were static” he could easily be talking about ALL the games he has been here as manager, this is nothing new and has been happening under various managers but just like the others he won’t do anything about it. He is trying to lower expectations by stating “we will be a threat in this division once the team settle” what does that even mean? Surely every club has a threat. It’s just plain excuses at this point. He knows time is up soon and seems to be going through the motions. Also reminds me of McLeish when he said “some have never accepted me here”  .. Dark times.

• Like 1

This is a real test of our new owners and our supporters. The Dr was a fool but I think/hope the new guys are more clued up. Nothing they will have seen will have convinced them that Bruce is the answer. They will definitely fire him at some stage, probably very soon. 

The big test is replacing him with a suitable candidate. We need to be brave and think about the medium term. Any manager must bring a strategy that will lead to a sustainable future. Our job as supporters is to get behind the new man, even if choppy waters await. We must recognise progress even when results may not follow immediately. I always thought Houllier would have done this job for us had it not been for ill health but the fans were not patient enough with him. We must not make that mistake again.

Over to the new owners. Young, progressive manager who will go into every game expecting to win please. No more Bruceasaurus Rex rubbish!

• Like 1

If our new owners have any kind of ambition they need to sack Bruce this week. I understand what might have kept them from replacing him at the start of the season as there was a lot of change off the field, but now things are this bad on the field there isn't really much to lose.

Get Henry in.

• Like 1

Tactics, style of football, its all irrelevant, the simple fact is that the team is weaker than the sum of its parts, he has to go. 

Today was the first time I've loud Bruce out chanting, once that happens the countdown has begun. I think he will still be here for Bristol on Friday, lose that and i think the board will have no choice. 

It's just been pointed out to me that the next international break is after the next three games at the start of October.

If he doesn't pick up 4 points as a minimum from that I am sure they will get rid, I would have already got rid of him.

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Tactics, style of football, its all irrelevant, the simple fact is that the team is weaker than the sum of its parts, he has to go. 

Today was the first time I've loud Bruce out chanting, once that happens the countdown has begun. I think he will still be here for Bristol on Friday, lose that and i think the board will have no choice. 

If that’s the case, it makes more sense to let him go now as there’s six  days until the Bristol game. Between the Bristol game and the Preston game there’s four days.

• Like 1

We've all had a little bit of fun after that Foresteri comment, but it does suggest a worrying lack of preparation in the build up to a game. 

If he spends very little time on the training ground (as has been reported), and doesn't even know what players the opposition has available, what exactly constitutes "preparation" in Bruces book?

It's no wonder that the players look as though they don't know what they are supposed to be doing. 

It's worrying, and i don't think that will be lost on the new board. 

Â